Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 06:22 AM

43,657 posts, read 44,375,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Roy Slade View Post
i didnt say i like Hamas

but you seem to support Israel that are terrorists

i dont think most Palestinians elected Hamas -rigged election maybe

i wonder how many would vote for the genocidal ayelet shaked?90% there seem to support the massive bombardment

im just saying innocent people are trapped there by the fascist isarel that blockaded them in
Egypt could open their border with Gaza and lift their blockade of Gaza. As for Israel, it only started the blockade in 2007 after enduring rocket fire from Gaza since 2001.

I don't think the election was rigged but Hamas ousted the Fatah completely out of the government. So although one feels sorry for the people of Gaza, it is the people of Gaza that need to oust Hamas in order to live peacefully with Israel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2014, 06:30 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
If I lived in Gaza in 1947, I would have emigrated to US before 1948.

Old 08-21-2014, 07:38 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,741,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post

I don't think the election was rigged but Hamas ousted the Fatah completely out of the government. So although one feels sorry for the people of Gaza, it is the people of Gaza that need to oust Hamas in order to live peacefully with Israel.
Ousted Fatah? Hamas lined up the Fatah representatives living in the Gaza Strip and shot them.

Feel sorry for the citizens? 72% of the Gaza Strip residents voted for Hamas to represent them in the PA Senate. They voted for them and they need to deal with the ramifications of it. Getting real tired of Palestinians trying to reverse past bad decisions and not being held accountable for their choices. Sorry, but no backsies.

Old 08-21-2014, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If I lived in Gaza in 1947, I would have emigrated to US before 1948.

You couldn't due to immigration quotas and back then the US required sponsorship so immigrants didn't go directly onto social services (welfare, etc).

Old 08-21-2014, 07:23 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,858,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Ousted Fatah? Hamas lined up the Fatah representatives living in the Gaza Strip and shot them.

Feel sorry for the citizens? 72% of the Gaza Strip residents voted for Hamas to represent them in the PA Senate. They voted for them and they need to deal with the ramifications of it. Getting real tired of Palestinians trying to reverse past bad decisions and not being held accountable for their choices. Sorry, but no backsies.
Yeah, I get sick of it too, and I get real sick of the international community who seems to be inexplicably blind and indifferent to Palestinian aggression. Or people like the OP whose attitude is basically, "okay, yeah, the Palestinians do some bands stuff, but... THE JEWS are EVIL!" I mean ffs,

Quote:
i will say i like a more liberal country than "strange" Muslim ones yet Israel has gone too far this time i think and i dont think ill be for them much in the future -i think theyre bigtime liars
So, you think Israel are "liars;" do you find the Palestinians who support policiescpromisibgvthe destruction of Jews to be violent, murderous psychopaths?

And "the Arabs" didn't get a "raw deal," they got their butts handed to them when they tried to wage a war they couldn't win and have gotten handed back to themselves every time they've tried since. I'm sorry, i know their supporters like to say the Palestinians are a "smart, clever people" but they are actually a thoroughly stupid culture. What else do you call a group who has been waging and losing wars constantly for the better part of a century?

Old 08-21-2014, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
... I'm sorry, i know their supporters like to say the Palestinians are a "smart, clever people" but they are actually a thoroughly stupid culture. ....

I wouldn't go that far. Keep in mind everything Gazans hear is censored by Hamas. Their brainwashing is no different than those who live in N. Korea. And all one has to do is look at when East and West Germany unified all the problems that came up from decades of misinformation.

Old 08-21-2014, 08:40 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,858,983 times
Yeh, I have zero respect for the culture tbh. I've tried, haven't been able to find it. I have less and less respect for it as time goes on. You want peace? Stop trying to blow up your neighbors, especially when your doing so has never gotten you anything in the past.

Old 08-22-2014, 04:17 AM

1,069 posts, read 1,254,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E Roy Slade View Post
we all have an agenda i think-whats yours?

To point out bull**** on the internet I guess?

lift the blockade on Gaza

You can not make demands without concessions. Why is the blockade imposed? What does the average Israeli want in return for the removal of the blockade?

kick out racist politicians out of Knesset

Is that democratic?

give Gaza a seaport

This goes back to the blockade answer. Why wouldn't Israel want Gaza to have a seaport or the ability to import directly? What could the Palestinians offer the Israelis that would allow for such an option?

https://twitter.com/mikopeled

get the Israeli cops to stop arresting and torturing people and release political prisoners

Like these? List of prisoners released by Israel in the Gilad Shalit prisoner exchange - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

stop the settlements and give back maybe20 % of Israel

Can you point out which settlements are expanding?

im not perfect-the title or this post isnt perfect-i just think arabs got a raw deal from 1948 and on and USA is allies with oppressive scum countries and Israel has racist politicians etc and i dont think id like visiting there or buying their products- i know there are things on the internet saying there are Israeli Arabs that like it but i dont know anymore

Arabs got a raw deal from 1948? Do you have any idea how many Arab countries there are? If you are referring to Palestinians, perhaps you should look closer at the perpetrators of oppression of the Palestinian people.

Also, I'd love to know what country you live in and whether there are any racists in your government. There are racists everywhere, that doesn't mean you condemn an entire nation.

i will say i like a more liberal country than "strange" Muslim ones yet Israel has gone too far this time i think and i dont think ill be for them much in the future -i think theyre bigtime liars

Gone to far in what sense?

on a side note is it true if only my father was a jew and not my mother i couldnt become an Israeli citizen automatically? if so they're nuts i think,because hitler would hate me anyway

Not sure of many countries where you can snap your finger and become a citizen - do you?

Dutchman, 91, returns Holocaust honour to Israelis after six relatives killed in Gaza - Telegraph

Dutchman, 91, returns Holocaust honour to Israelis after six relatives killed in Gaza - Telegraph

the way i feel i guess

Frustration and protest is fine, but it doesn't really move this conflict any closer to a resolution.

Old 08-22-2014, 05:36 AM

43,657 posts, read 44,375,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
I wouldn't go that far. Keep in mind everything Gazans hear is censored by Hamas. Their brainwashing is no different than those who live in N. Korea. And all one has to do is look at when East and West Germany unified all the problems that came up from decades of misinformation.
Hamas also executes suspected collaborators with Israel without any type of trial.

After Israeli airstrikes, Hamas kills 11 suspected informers - LA Times

Old 08-22-2014, 05:39 AM

45,221 posts, read 26,431,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Hamas also executes suspected collaborators with Israel without any type of trial.

After Israeli airstrikes, Hamas kills 11 suspected informers - LA Times
America does the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies