Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2014, 04:11 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,637,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbt1766 View Post
How do you increase morals then? I don't think you can all you can do is increase education concerning the hazards of sex. Then give it free birth control for the ones who won't listen.
Black teen pregnancy rates have been on a steady decline since 1990.

Down 51% from 1990 to 2009

http:// http://www.bet.com/news/heal...matically.html

Maybe you should mind your own business because you clearly have no idea what is going on in our communities.

Old 08-16-2014, 04:11 PM

23,529 posts, read 17,205,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The problem with this argument is that these same things happen in other races and they are not as polarized in the media.
Those suggestions are sound and would be good advice for everyone to whom it applies. It also gives control back to the individual vs waiting for empty promises from the bad choices selected a to represnt them in the government.

What's good for one race is good for the other.....

Old 08-16-2014, 04:13 PM

20,512 posts, read 33,513,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elle92 View Post
The problem is not that SOME blacks engage in anti social behavior, being human they do. So do whites and everyone else. The problem is RACISM, which unfortunately, some comments on this thread make very clear. Even when blacks do.everything right, and follow all.the rules as the vast majority do, they are still subject to.racism.
Yeah it seems that building our communities, teaching our children, being law abiding, supporting our businesses in our communities, etcetera is frowned upon. I've actually held back a bit in my responses here. Don't know how much I can hold on though.

Old 08-16-2014, 04:14 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unconcerned View Post
This is all fine and dandy but I still will never live in either one of them myself. I fail to see your post unless you are simply proud that some blacks are doing well in today's economy. Millions of whites, Koreans, Hispanics, Middle Easterners, etc., are too.
1) Why wouldn't you live in the cities I listed? There is a reason you said you wouldn't live there.

2) I posted this because it went back to the original idea that the Blacks who are hard working, dilligent and doing well for themselves are getting ignored. Are there alot of predominantly Black areas doing quite badly? Yes. No one here is refuting that. The problem is that even if the areas of affluent Blacks aren't as numerous as we would like, they are out there. And those areas get ignored. The Blacks who are taking care of business get ignored and in getting ignored, those particular persons could get lumped in with the hood rats and persons not taking care of business.

Old 08-16-2014, 04:14 PM

20,512 posts, read 33,513,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post

Maybe you should mind your own business because you clearly have no idea what is going on in our communities.
BANG!!!! and there it is. My thoughts exactly.

Old 08-16-2014, 04:16 PM

317 posts, read 328,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
The best that can be done is shaming of those who continue to do immoral things. However, your solution of forcing people to take birth control in Unconstitutional. What part of that is so confusing?

I think it is unconstitutional for the government not to do what is necessary to protect it's citizens from interracial crime, black on white crimes.

Your solution of shaming those who do immoral things isn't going to work. How are you going to get blacks to do that? You're not.

I know we can't force people to take birth control, but we can give out free birth control and increase educational services so that people are taught the hazards of sex in schools.

Old 08-16-2014, 04:22 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,398,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
1) Stop stealing stuff from your neighbors

2) Stop terrorizing innocent people

3) Stop shooting your neighbors

4) Go to school and try to actually learn something

5) Get a job

6) Stop idolizing criminals and treating women like hoes

7) Stop breeding large families with no means of support

8) Fathers, be fathers, not sperm doners

I'd say those would be a good start...the same things that work with every other race.
It's people like this that ruin threads like this. But I'm not surprised so continue.

Old 08-16-2014, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unconcerned View Post
In reality, you are the few.
That is incorrect. I know it scares you but its true.

Old 08-16-2014, 04:27 PM

317 posts, read 328,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Black teen pregnancy rates have been on a steady decline since 1990.

Down 51% from 1990 to 2009

http:// http://www.bet.com/news/heal...matically.html

This is not a mind your own business thing. Blacks don't live on an island what happens in the black communities effects everyone. Black males don't just get black females pregnant either, they get all races pregnant and leave the women with babies to support on their own, but thats another subject.

The statistic I was talking about was just not black teenage pregnancy. It includes adult black females as well who have children outside of marriage.

73% of black babies are born out of wedlock. How do you decrease this?

If what happens in the black community had no effect on any other race then I might be heartless enough not to care.

What happens in the black community spreads to other races. Black on white crime, black on hispanic crime. Also, many Hispanics now live in what were all black neighborhoods.

Old 08-16-2014, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
BANG!!!! and there it is. My thoughts exactly.
kbt must think its the 80's...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies