Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2014, 05:14 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,351,631 times

Advertisements

Why this problem persist is because the voters and tax payers let it and then like other big problems they go on for so long it makes it harder to solve. We end up like today with bunch of mounting issues with no easy solutions. There is no political will from either side to address this, from the right you have pro lifers that rail against the welfare state. On the other you have the left and that is a good portion of their constituents.

Take for example on one my ideas that I have had since the 90s, to be eligible for public assistance a woman has to agree to some form of B/C. If a woman starts out with 2 kids the state will not pay for her to have another nor support it. I know this sounds mean but the alternative is what we have now where the under class is breeding like rabbits with no responsibility.

Almost half of live births are paid by Medicaid what is the U S going to do when that number hits 60% ? I know my idea will never see the light of day and this problem will continue after I am dead. Democracy is un capable of solving big problems so Idiocracy will be our future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2014, 05:15 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,849,563 times
The OP brought up some real good points there.

Old 08-16-2014, 05:18 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,229,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie_hair View Post
My boyfriend, hopefully life long partner, plan to adopt several kids. The religious fanatics keep passing laws banning us from adopting, though.
Where is this? What state? I think only 5 states ban LGTB couples from adopting and some of those states the provision is based on marriage.

Old 08-16-2014, 05:34 PM

3,098 posts, read 2,041,091 times
Quote:
My boyfriend, hopefully life long partner, and I plan to adopt several kids. The religious fanatics keep passing laws banning us from adopting, though.
Many of the people you referenced in your opening post won't give their babies up for adoption as long as society financially supports them.

Old 08-16-2014, 05:51 PM

77,956 posts, read 60,134,595 times
Quote:
Please try to use it in context with what I'm saying. In this instance, it's not used as a slur for straight people. In this instance, I'm using it to convey about people who breed just for the sake of breeding with absolutely no plan or means of support for the resulting babies.

And why do straight people get offended by that word? Babies are god's gift to you guys. And babies are something we could never have. So, stop getting all hung up on a word. Focus on the overall message in my OP.
That's so gay.

I'm the most pro-gay straight guy you will ever find and frankly, I think you need to reconsider your position.

Breeder has a negative connotation. It just does.

I hear your overall point, I don't think you are anti-straight or whatever and take no offense, just that your message can be cleaner without the word to distract some.

All the best.

Let me end this with a smile for you, my buddy and I were probably the only straight guys at the gym we went to in Chicago (north side, boystown.) His brother was gay and I never gave a crap about anybodys sexual orientation so we went there, showered, dressed...didn't give a crap.

I missed a bit of gym time and my buddy comes home and is like "wow, I worked out with this other guy today and I was getting dirty looks"....we figured that the regulars thought he might be cheating on me while I was away.

Old 08-16-2014, 06:14 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,821,204 times
Quote:
Please try to use it in context with what I'm saying. In this instance, it's not used as a slur for straight people. In this instance, I'm using it to convey about people who breed just for the sake of breeding with absolutely no plan or means of support for the resulting babies.

And why do straight people get offended by that word? Babies are god's gift to you guys. And babies are something we could never have. So, stop getting all hung up on a word. Focus on the overall message in my OP.
Breeders

Slang term used by people of homosexual persuasion to refer to heterosexual couples, who have a significantly higher risk of contributing to the population increase than the homosexuals do.

"Can you believe the nerve of those breeders? They come in to a nice restaurant and proceed to sit by and watch while their progeny shriek and run all over the place, and then let the children make a huge mess and do not even tip the waitstaff. Disgusting..."

And from queerty.com .. a Gay website:

Breeder: This term just grosses me out. It makes me think of a farmer inseminating cows.
Blech.
Plus, I don’t think straight people like it much. (It might be OK as an insult if used very infrequently and on people who deserve it.)

But you knew all this already didn't you?

Old 08-16-2014, 09:47 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,858,588 times
Quote:
Will the ignorant baby daddies and breeders inherit the Earth?
Sorry but how can you expect anybody to take you seriously when you use such an ignorant, uneducated term?
Quote:
After seeing what I've been seeing, I'm scared for our future.
Yeah, me too! People don't even know how to speak proper English anymore....

Old 08-16-2014, 09:54 PM

1,305 posts, read 1,572,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Sorry but how can you expect anybody to take you seriously when you use such an ignorant, uneducated term?

Yeah, me too! People don't even know how to speak proper English anymore....
English is my 2nd language. I welcome any correction you have

Old 08-16-2014, 10:16 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,858,588 times
Quote:
English is my 2nd language. I welcome any correction you have
Ah, I see.

Well, the term "baby daddy" is a slang term used mostly by the poor and uneducated. Using it will legitimize it, and will only contribute to the dumbing down of soceity that you said you fear in your original post.

Old 08-16-2014, 10:21 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,870,240 times
This is why we need to make welfare temporary.If these losers wouldn't get all these freebies they would stop breeding. They are no better than insects. Yes in many years Idiocracy will be the land.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies