Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 10:08 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times

Advertisements

what happens when the majority wont----- work, pay taxes, learn to read--- and think stealing is ok???
community no longer functions, liberty disappears and strong man dictators rule. those that disagree-- disappear.
sounds like some other countries we know- doesnt it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2014, 10:11 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,575,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
So you've seen the failure of the stimulus, the lies and deception used to pass Obamacare, the IRS scandal, the decline of our educational system, the chaos and violence resulting from the "Arab Spring", and all the rest and you still self identify as a liberal. So to be honest, I certainly hope that you do not inherit the Earth. The sorts of policies and governance that you support have resulted in unmitigated disaster. After the past six years of liberal governance we have added to the national debt faster than at any time in recorded history while managing to have the income of the average American go down rather than up. That's truly not the sort of future I want to see for America.
You sound like poor and uneducated people didn't breed like rabbits before Obama took office.

Old 08-17-2014, 10:33 AM

3,051 posts, read 2,596,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie_hair View Post
You sound like poor and uneducated people didn't breed like rabbits before Obama took office.
Or rather, uneducated people breeding like rabbits got Obama in office.

Old 08-17-2014, 10:33 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,257,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie_hair View Post
Nothing existed before Obama.

Old 08-17-2014, 11:16 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,575,397 times
To people who think those of us who look down on irresponsible breeding practices don't understand about poverty, I say you are wrong.

My family came from one of the poorest parts of Asia. To give you an idea of the struggle we had, there were times when our parents told us to sleep the entire day because there wasn't anything to eat that day. You don't know poverty until you've experienced hunger day after day. Our typical meal was white rice with salt. And it was never enough to have a full stomach.

My parents applied for us to come over here legally. It took 10 years for the application process to go through. Yes, 10 whole years. We had it easy. We know of people that waited almost 20 years.

When we came over, we had $10. We survived with government assistance. We got off assistance about a year later. And at the same time, 3 of my brothers and sister went to college. There were 5 of us, you see. I was still in high school and my oldest sister, while wanting to attend college, had to stay home and work in an assembly line to help my parents pay for the rest of us. She tried to go to school at night at a community college, but ultimately she couldn't get any degree because she worked overtime everyday.

Let's focus on my oldest sister. I love her. We all love her very much. She made much sacrifices so that the rest of us could make something of ourselves. She started out working an assembly line. A couple years later, through opportunities that came up she was recognized as a technician for that assembly line. Some years after that, she was officially recognized by that electronic company as an engineer. Nowadays, some 20 years later, she is the department head engineer of the design department in her branch. They just opened up another branch in Mexico, and she is heading both the branch here in Chicago and the branch down there. And the kicker is this. She still has no degree. Her engineer status only works with this company. There have been times when she told me about how young hotshots straight from college refuse to give her any respect after they found out she never had a degree even though she was their boss. A number of years ago, there was an electronic engineer who was hired straight out of college. He refused to listen to her advices during his probation period. He ended up costing the company $30k's worth of equipment because he was a know-it-all and to him she was just somebody with no degree. He was let go right away.

My other sister is a nuclear mathematician. She's involved with some kind of government funded nuclear research. Not sure what. My oldest brother is a head structural engineer in his engineering firm. Other brother is a project manager at one of the largest insurance companies in the country. As for myself, I'm an RE. For those of you who aren't engineers, that's short for resident engineer. Basically speaking, I run construction projects. I'm the guy that project managers report to and submit requests to when they need something.

I say these things not to brag, but to show that just because you started out with nothing doesn't mean you can't climb up. And just because you don't have a degree doesn't mean you can't one day become a boss of college degree holders. And yes, most people think that the only way for this to happen is to start your own business. Nope, you can work your way up like my sister did.

Before you assume my oldest sister has focused entirely on her career, she's got a loving husband and 2 wonderful kids. Her husband, by the way, used to mow rich people's lawn and do landscaping for them to put himself through college. He's an engineer also.

I'm as liberal as someone can get without crossing the line and become a crazy lefty. There have been some very liberal people who have shared their thoughts, and I agree with most of what they say. But the issue of having too many kids that people can't afford transcends party line. I believe we need to put aside our political philosophies and work together to solve this crisis.

And please, for the sake of your magical sky daddy, don't try to pin this on Obama. Poor and uneducated people have been breeding like rabbits long before Obama was even born.

Old 08-17-2014, 11:27 AM

3,304 posts, read 2,171,370 times
The fact is that the stupid have a higher birthrate. Whether you believe that intelligence is inherited or that it's a product of environment, we still get the same result: stupid people raise stupid children.

The only viable solution to this problem is increased birth control for the dumb and uneducated. It should be mandatory in many cases. Considering that a person with an IQ of 70 is deemed too incompetent to understand that murder is immoral, a person with that same IQ should not be allowed to have children.

Old 08-17-2014, 11:33 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Before the ignorant inherit the world, nature will send an Ebola (but worse) virus to take away.

Look at the ignorant in Africa and how they are spreading the disease among their own people.

Ebola patients flee attack on Liberia isolation clinic

Old 08-17-2014, 11:35 AM

2,538 posts, read 4,709,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
The fact is that the stupid have a higher birthrate. Whether you believe that intelligence is inherited or that it's a product of environment, we still get the same result: stupid people raise stupid children.

The only viable solution to this problem is increased birth control for the dumb and uneducated. It should be mandatory in many cases. Considering that a person with an IQ of 70 is deemed too incompetent to understand that murder is immoral, a person with that same IQ should not be allowed to have children.
None of this will ever happen as unfortunately this is one place were the loony left and the fanatical right agree. Liberals think the right to have children is beyond question. For Christians, the "Be fruitful and multiple" is about the only part of the Bible the pay attention to. This problem just doesn't exist in the western world. Look at countries like Bangladesh or Indonesia. Their populations have nearly quadrupled since WWII. Bangladesh is about the size of Iowa and has 150 million people, and almost all of them are uneducated and dirt poor. Adding modern medicine and hygiene in to a society that still has a birth rate of 6-8 children per couple is a recipe for disaster.

Old 08-17-2014, 11:38 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet Jones View Post
Adding modern medicine and hygiene in to a society that still has a birth rate of 6-8 children per couple is a recipe for disaster.
Much like not allowing a controlled burn of the Forest. When a Plague hits, those slums will be the hardest area to control.

Old 08-17-2014, 11:39 AM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
What an interesting yet disturbing thread.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies