Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2014, 07:32 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,963,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I think maybe this isn't the best case for them if evidence proves that the victim was charging the officer with his head down.

Frankly, I think Trayvon Martin was a better case; still shaking my head on how that one turned out.

What I do think ~ is this is the straw that broke the camel's back so to speak. One too many regardless of the actual facts and circumstances.

I also think that the protestors would be SO MUCH MORE EFFECTIVE if there were no looting and violence.

I posted this link on another thread but what people need to understand some bad people used a good system to do bad things to people. Look at education is it fair across the board? Look at housing and financing is it fair across the board? Look at policing and the justice system is it fair across the board?

Check out this history lesson and consider then and up to now. Now to really go deep consider they native Americans. They were pert near killed to extenction. It all comes down to bad people allowed to do bad things within a good system. Just consider the GOP from the beginning said the were not going to work with President Obama.

Even if Obama is a good or bad President in your eyes the GOP was basically saying to heck with your wants or needs. Elected officials should put their personal agendas on the back burner. Yet that's not how it's done.

So in closing protect your mind because once someone has it they can lead you were they want you to go. Not all people are bad people.

8 Successful and Aspiring Black Communities Destroyed by White Neighbors - Atlanta Blackstar

Old 08-18-2014, 07:37 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,208,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by el_marto View Post
This sort of thing is the stupidest **** ever, people get angry at the police so they smash up their own communities rather than taking their fight to the police station or the courthouse or the Whitehouse whatever. They wreck businesses in their own neighbourhood, which would cause absolute outrage if the police just turned up and started doing it. The people who do this **** deserve oppression, deserve to live in squalor.
Think before you type dude. You think more oppression is going to solve this problem?

Last edited by Ro2113; 08-18-2014 at 08:11 PM..

Old 08-18-2014, 08:00 PM

73,014 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
*shrug* I don't know brother.

I don't give a darn about proving anything to anyone. I'm just an educated black man on a bike. I ride my bike and stay out of trouble.

Knowing our rights is the most important thing. If you know your rights in every situation, it goes a long way.
Good for you. People like us shouldn't have to worry about what anyone thinks of us. Begging and pleading for approval is not healthy. What people like us should be striving for is respect.

Old 08-18-2014, 08:57 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,590,000 times
Thats the thing - the protestors seem to be peaceful and obey the law. fine! no problem. but the criminals - looters - and those flinging molotov cocktails, are WRONG. and they are making it bad for any good memory for the guy who died. any possible good that could otherwise would come out of this now is marred by some people destroying the town.

If you see enough of this stuff and think how depraved mankind is, you too will develop an attitude, if enough of it is shown. scenes of how lawless and depraved can make a person naturally begin to hate parts of mankind that seem like they are just not normal human beings. I mean the looters and others who are just rotten people.

if the verdict is in, and the officer gets acquitted, there are going to be the riots from hell from those who disagree with it. .just watch. already on tv, there is a mob happening, and chaos beginning, tomorrow morning we will read about tonights riot and arsons by effed up criminals using the opportunity to steal.

Old 08-18-2014, 09:24 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,041,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
The only thing shameful and disgusting is this post and the conversations white people are having about blacks at work. If you are using the N-word, it is because you wanted to in the first place.

It is absolutely pitiful that some ignorant white people (yes dammit that is ignorant) are still looking for any excuse to condemn an entire group of people that they have been systematically oppressing for centuries. Congratulations.. these people have earned the "racist" nametag they've tried so hard to avoid.
Oppression oschmession. The only oppression taking place today is self-generated. If you refuse to make yourself valuable to others, you are responsible for the nothing that your life becomes. Nobody is oppressing anyone except themselves.

Old 08-18-2014, 09:59 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
When something like these riots occur, black America might as well take a hammer and hit themselves in the head. It does so much harm to the progress they have made over the past 50 years. I was surprised how many customers and people at work today started discussions about how shameful this situation is, and how they now feel so different about black people.

One middle aged woman even made the comment that she had supported black people until this latest event, but she "has no use for them now." A few people even got to the point of using the N word and saying how disgusted they were over the way this is going.

It really is something that could have been handled so differently and it would have left people with more willingness to sympathize with their protests. Shameful and disgusting are two words that I feel are appropriate in this instance.

Don
Well,to be fair,they were ALWAYS prejudice.
This incident just gave them the fire to say it out loud.

Besides,not trying to be funny,but how are these businesses theirs when other races own them,and more likely than not they probably do not even hire people from the community.

Get real

Old 08-18-2014, 10:02 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Oppression oschmession. The only oppression taking place today is self-generated. If you refuse to make yourself valuable to others, you are responsible for the nothing that your life becomes. Nobody is oppressing anyone except themselves.
why should black people make themselves valuable to whites?

That does not make sense..

Old 08-18-2014, 10:44 PM

156 posts, read 193,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
When something like these riots occur, black America might as well take a hammer and hit themselves in the head. It does so much harm to the progress they have made over the past 50 years. I was surprised how many customers and people at work today started discussions about how shameful this situation is, and how they now feel so different about black people.

One middle aged woman even made the comment that she had supported black people until this latest event, but she "has no use for them now." A few people even got to the point of using the N word and saying how disgusted they were over the way this is going.

It really is something that could have been handled so differently and it would have left people with more willingness to sympathize with their protests. Shameful and disgusting are two words that I feel are appropriate in this instance.

Don
For the record, where do you live? Also, have any other CDers heard this kind of thing (in real life, not online) in your areas?

Old 08-18-2014, 11:09 PM

73,014 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Well,to be fair,they were ALWAYS prejudice.
This incident just gave them the fire to say it out loud.

Besides,not trying to be funny,but how are these businesses theirs when other races own them,and more likely than not they probably do not even hire people from the community.

Get real
That is pretty much what I get out of it. Nothing has really changed.

Honestly, it isn't healthy to care so much about what anyone thinks. However, even I am guilty of that. Upon hearing many things, my first reaction is that of anger towards those who hold prejudicial views about Blacks. I feel justified in being angry.

That being said, I cannot stop anyone from being prejudice. I cannot stop anyone from committing crimes. I don't really care why anyone feels justified in being prejudice towards Blacks. I am not of the understanding temperament. That being said, not much I can do. Not much I can do about criminals. Rioters are not going to listen to anyone. Neither are those who have bigoted views.

Old 08-18-2014, 11:13 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,963,487 times
I'm not sure if people noticed but there are White people protesting too. Do people forget the 99%ers and the demonstrations and looting? Also just POI adults don't just throw out the "N" word all of a sudden. If they do ask them to define it.

At some point this country is going to have to deal with the race issue or it may get real ugly. Just look elsewhere around the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies