Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 01:31 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,973,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
How about you pointing out the lies I post....Please be specific.

Regarding BC's carbon tax and how it effects us you will need to take the effort to read the government site I linked to..... Here I'll post it again... Province of British Columbia

Then there is this... Consumer prices rose at a faster year-over-year rate in six provinces in January compared with December. The largest acceleration was in Alberta, followed by Manitoba. New Brunswick was the only province to post a smaller year-over-year increase in consumer prices in January than in December. British Columbia recorded no year-over-year change in its CPI for the second consecutive month. The Daily — Consumer Price Index, January 2014
right, i am going to trust a government source on anything economic. how about a completely UNbiased source for those economic claims? a source that will full investigate AND report ALL findings completely without bias. my guess is that you wont find one.

and it isnt the lies you tell, its the lies you pass on from others that you are accepting as the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2014, 01:38 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,973,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Former Hockey Player View Post
Right, because when polling companies or the press provides statistics, it's totally free of bias, right?

Fact is, government sources are usually the most accurate out there.
wrong, governments hide so much stuff its not funny. for instance according to our government, the current unemployment rate is down to 6.2%. and on the surface that sounds good, but the reality is that it is in fact wrong, because that is the U3 rate. the U6 rate, which includes everyone of working age, is much closer to 13%. do yourself a favor, and take what any government says to you, and dig deeper to get to the real story.

Old 08-19-2014, 01:48 PM

594 posts, read 347,323 times
Quote:
Let's just say the deniers are right that humans aren't responsible for climate change. I still do not want pollution in my skies; I still want clean drinking water free of hazardous chemicals; I do not want to walk in acid rain thunderstorms. There shouldn't be that much of a fuss over pollution regulations.
That is one of the ironic things about CAGW, we put so much concern into CO2 that we do not care about reducing actual pollution. So what if the CO2 produced by humans ends up not affecting anything at all?

Think of all the money, man power, resorces wasted, and all the unnecessary regulatory and economic burdens we all suffered, not to mention the increase of actual pollution that occured because of our preoccupation over CO2.

Old 08-19-2014, 01:54 PM

20,502 posts, read 12,441,682 times
Quote:
Let's just say the deniers are right that humans aren't responsible for climate change. I still do not want pollution in my skies; I still want clean drinking water free of hazardous chemicals; I do not want to walk in acid rain thunderstorms. There shouldn't be that much of a fuss over pollution regulations.

stop mixing your metiphors.

in the first place skeptics (except for those rare dragonslayers) do not believe that humans play no role in climate. Nor do we disbelieve that the climate has changed to some degree.

The issue has always been how much is human caused, and what level of forcing does the rise in CO2 indicate?

Skeptics do not like pollution either. its kind of stupid to conflate CO2 with acid rain. it suggests an ignorance of the facts.

Old 08-19-2014, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Smog contains CO2 emissions. Smog causes acid rain. Look at the patterns; you always see high levels of acidic rain downwind of major industrial centers.
poop contains CO2 also. whats your point? geez.

Old 08-19-2014, 01:59 PM

16,287 posts, read 32,448,101 times
If you really want to reduce the carbon footprint then stop making electric cars. A better alternative would be something more like a Hummer.

Old 08-19-2014, 02:22 PM

1,152 posts, read 1,283,033 times
Quote:
Smog contains CO2 emissions. Smog causes acid rain. Look at the patterns; you always see high levels of acidic rain downwind of major industrial centers.
Well.... kinda.... CO2 forms a much milder acid than does SO2. There is some indication that the efforts to scrub much of the SO2 out of coal emissions has had some effect and that soils in the NE are recovering:

Is Acid Rain a Thing of the Past? | Science/AAAS | News

But this is a whole other debate aside from GW, bringing it up is a bit of a red herring.... the substance of what he told you still stands.

Old 08-19-2014, 02:24 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,284,038 times
I nwonder how much CO2 the planet Mercuy has..

According to the OP's theory, the planet Mercuy must have nothing but CO2, and Pluto must have zero..

Old 08-19-2014, 02:33 PM

Quote:
This might surprise you, but livestock is actually a pretty big source of greenhouse gases. Cows produce a LOT of methane which is more potent of a greenhouse gas than CO2. It, well, comes from their poop.
so..... now you are spouting a series of simi-connected random facts?

the average brain weighs 8 lbs?

lets get back to why you dont have a clue what skeptics actually believe.

Old 08-19-2014, 02:34 PM

2,777 posts, read 1,789,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I nwonder how much CO2 the planet Mercuy has..

According to the OP's theory, the planet Mercuy must have nothing but CO2, and Pluto must have zero..
I really can't figure out how what you've written here would ever make sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies