Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 10:24 AM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Yeah, America "lost" its cities to black people. Even stepping into a city is risking your life because some black person will just murder everyone they see.

/sarcasm

I haven't even heard bigoted fear like this outside of Stormfront occasionally being so stupid people need to mock it.

Get help for this kind of paranoid fear.
Being murdered is not a big fear for me if I chose to move to the inner city.

But what would be a certainty would be loud music, much higher chances of home invasion/burglary, being assaulted verbally or physically and just living with much more stress.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2014, 10:44 AM

1,696 posts, read 1,714,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
Who benifited the most by that assassination? Other black leaders? I am not saying thry were behind it but i am sure they were happy to change MLK direction of the movement. Wasnt MLK right leaning? He had meetings with nixon.
So what?

They were living and important at the same time...doesn't mean they agreed on much.

Old 08-18-2014, 11:07 AM

2,672 posts, read 2,716,771 times
Here is what Kevin Williamson wrote in another article earlier in the week after a trip to East St. Louis

“‘Hey, hey craaaaaacka! Cracka! White devil! F*** you, white devil!” The guy looks remarkably like Snoop Dogg: skinny enough for a Vogue advertisement, lean-faced with a wry expression, long braids. He glances slyly from side to side, making sure his audience is taking all this in, before raising his palms to his clavicles, elbows akimbo, in the universal gesture of primate territorial challenge. Luckily for me, he’s more like a three-fifths-scale Snoop Dogg, a few inches shy of four feet high, probably about nine years old, and his mom — I assume she’s his mom — is looking at me with an expression that is a complex blend of embarrassment, pity, and amusement, as though to say: ‘Kids say the darnedest things, do they not, white devil?’”

This is just more red meat for the base. Who cares if it makes any sense..the base eats it up.

https://www.nationalreview.com/nrd/a...-sidewalk-ends

Old 08-18-2014, 11:09 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
Compared to cities in the 17 and 1800's modern cities are safe havens. There were places in NYC where the police patrolled in squads of six because the natives were restless and armed. Foreign cities were even worse. Shanghaied was not all that rare. It still isn't.

IMHO Ferguson is the result of militarized police force contaminated with systematic racism compounded by hopeless poverty.

Old 08-18-2014, 11:23 AM

201 posts, read 148,378 times
Most all the cities in financial difficulties and lying in a state of decay and waste are the direct result of Democrat city administrations.

Old 08-18-2014, 11:42 AM

1,152 posts, read 1,277,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Here is what Kevin Williamson wrote in another article earlier in the week after a trip to East St. Louis

“‘Hey, hey craaaaaacka! Cracka! White devil! F*** you, white devil!” The guy looks remarkably like Snoop Dogg: skinny enough for a Vogue advertisement, lean-faced with a wry expression, long braids. He glances slyly from side to side, making sure his audience is taking all this in, before raising his palms to his clavicles, elbows akimbo, in the universal gesture of primate territorial challenge. Luckily for me, he’s more like a three-fifths-scale Snoop Dogg, a few inches shy of four feet high, probably about nine years old, and his mom — I assume she’s his mom — is looking at me with an expression that is a complex blend of embarrassment, pity, and amusement, as though to say: ‘Kids say the darnedest things, do they not, white devil?’”

This is just more red meat for the base. Who cares if it makes any sense..the base eats it up.

https://www.nationalreview.com/nrd/a...-sidewalk-ends
So his relating what someone said to him and his interpretation of the mother's reaction to her kid's behavior is racist? Maybe if it didn't really happen and we hold all writers to such strict standards of veracity.

The column is about public policy that leads to polarization based upon race and economic class. That the author recognizes this polarization would only be racist or classist if that polarization did not really exist.

You may certainly disagree with Mr. Williamson over whether public policy lead to this polarization in full or in part - that is a quite legitimate debate. You can't simply write him off as racist without bothering to recognize what he is saying and retain the least bit of intellectual credibility.

Old 08-18-2014, 12:32 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unconcerned View Post
Most all the cities in financial difficulties and lying in a state of decay and waste are the direct result of Democrat city administrations.
You don't get put much do you? I saw plenty of healthy cities driving across the country.

Old 08-18-2014, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
You don't get put much do you? I saw plenty of healthy cities driving across the country.
No, I don't "get put" much. I do travel extensively though, and have all my life.

Old 08-18-2014, 04:11 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unconcerned View Post
No, I don't "get put" much. I do travel extensively though, and have all my life.
Get out, smartphone error, missed that one.

You could have fooled me with the traveling based on your comment or do you just visit decaying cities when you get out?

Old 08-18-2014, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Get out, smartphone error, missed that one.

You could have fooled me with the traveling based on your comment or do you just visit decaying cities when you get out?
Just goes to show you that you shouldn't make assumptions. Of course I don't have the option to simply choose which cities I visit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies