Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 01:05 PM

2,908 posts, read 3,873,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
It's better than voting for the crooks that smile in your face and outsource your jobs.
Umm, can you say Bill Clinton?

Old 08-19-2014, 01:06 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
On one hand, I get why many Blacks worry about this. I can understand why some Blacks would care about what other people might think of them. I understand as a Black man why this is. I find myself worrying about what someone else would think of me as a Black person. I worry because it would mean the difference between getting a job and not getting a job. It could mean getting followed around in a store. So much to think about.

On the other hand, it isn't healthy. It isn't stopping anyone from disliking Blacks. It isn't stopping criminals of any race from behaving stupidly.

I am just tired of having to care what anyone thinks. I am tired of having to worry whether or not someone will follow me around in a store. It's no good for anyone's psyche, and no one should have to have those kinds of burdens.

With this incident of rioting, I don't ask why. I sort of expected it to happen.
Oh Lord, just got a breaking news....another officer was involved in a shooting, didn't say who or what happened....however, all it stated was, it was 3 miles from Ferguson.

I am so so so sorry you've had to spend a good part of your life worrying about all these things...and none of us know what that is like...and no, it isn't healthy...

and I agree, no one should have those kind of burdens, for certain!

Yes, actually, when Trayvon was killed, I worried the riots would start again....

I also worry when people make comments about getting even with cops...
I worry what things are going to be like for my Grand daughter....

But certainly do not have the worries you have....

Old 08-19-2014, 01:12 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
caribdoll Many white Americans have a sense of entitlement. They get mad if other people get benefits only because they want it all for their own. Not because they are really against it...
No, your wrong, many Americans are upset with the fact that people actually live on welfare....
why? because that is Money we worked very hard for all our lives...that is what upsets white Americans.

Everyone at some point in their lives needs financial help...but to live on Welfare and collect food stamps your whole life, is dispicable, if you are able to work.

And to have more children so you can collect more money is even worse.....
If you worked all your life, since the age of 13 years old, you'd be upset to, if you knew people were to lazy to go out and get a job...instead of having baby after baby...I could understand that culture, years ago, but not today....

Now, how do you think we could fix that?

Old 08-19-2014, 01:16 PM

2,908 posts, read 3,873,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Adds up just fine where I am.
Continuing to hold deep seated belief that you are a victim will always result in you being a victim.

Old 08-19-2014, 01:39 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
Continuing to hold deep seated belief that you are a victim will always result in you being a victim.
Please look through all of my posts on here and show me where I have depicted myself as a victim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies