Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 02:45 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I am talking about cameras in the cop cars and the ones we have here that they wear on their chest, it records all interactions with the populace so that there is no he said this and I said that nonsense, it is all on film. No, I do not want cameras on every corner but it is gradually going that way and there is no way to stop it because most of them are private cameras put up by businesses and private property owners.
i am a pretty hard core privacy rights guy... and by and large believe we have lost our colletive soul and are headed down the path of tyranny.... but this Ferguson case, sure does leave us all thinking it would be a wonderful thing if we had video evidence doesnt it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2014, 02:46 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
As usual, the family claimed he was a big teddy bear and wouldn't harm anyone.

When the video of him committing a strong arm robbery just seconds before he was shot was released... they all became inflamed and outraged.

The fact is the kid was prone to being violent, at least at that moment.
Prone violent at the moment.

Do we have a pattern?

Old 08-18-2014, 02:49 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,434,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipit View Post
Any police department that claims that a civilian tried to grab a cop's gun is telling a pants-on-fire lie!

That seems very naive to think that Cops guns are never taken/used against them. I mean a quick search will show it happens. .both guns and tasers. . . .and cops are trained to be ready for the attempt.

Unless the gun has some sensor to recognize the cop versus bad guy, this is always a possibility.

Old 08-18-2014, 03:13 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times

it is not hard to get a holster that will stop any unauthorized use of a pistol. plus cops are also trained on how to stop this sort of action.

Old 08-18-2014, 03:17 PM

201 posts, read 148,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
it is not hard to get a holster that will stop any unauthorized use of a pistol. plus cops are also trained on how to stop this sort of action.
Some receive very little training at all in the smaller municipalities. I have no idea of the training the officer in question has received.

Old 08-18-2014, 03:20 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
It's common knowledge that prison inmates train to snatch guns from cops.

Video: Prisoner Tries Gun Grab In Court - News - POLICE Magazine

OP, no doubt your logic is sound, but unfortunately felons do not always think logically. If they did, they would not be felons.

I am as anti-cop as the next patriotic American, but cops do have every right to defend themselves against dirt bag felons, as all of us do.

Old 08-18-2014, 03:22 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,070,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
That seems very naive to think that Cops guns are never taken/used against them.
It's not naive. The OP has no idea what he's talking about.

Old 08-18-2014, 03:28 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Say conservatives on this forum, obviously. Perhaps you haven't been paying attention.
You're just making it up as you go along, but I'm the one not paying attention. Yeah, ok.

I have two words which will undoubtedly shut down this nonsense: Prove it.

You can't, but I invite you to try. For the record, this is what you're going to try to prove:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unconcerned View Post
abolish the law and return to the days when men armed themselves and the law fell as to which man could get to his gun the faster and shoot the straighter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
You've just articulated conservatives' vision of utopia. This is exactly what they want.
So by all means, find me a few dozen posts (should be pretty simple, since [according to you] half the people on this forum have been stating that as their goal for who knows how long) that prove your case. I know you're full of crap, but I want you to demonstrate that fact to everyone else, too. Here are the three possible outcomes: 1) you don't respond to this post, and everyone knows that you're full of crap. 2) you do respond to this post, and include posts that don't prove your case, and everyone knows you're full of crap. 3) you respond with an attack against me and no proof of your claim, and everyone knows that you're full of crap.

Remember, you're the person that made the claim, so it's up to you to prove it. You claimed that half the people in the country want to "abolish the law and return to the days when men armed themselves blah blah blah..." Being somewhat of a conservative, and not wanting anything to do with that vision, and not knowing anyone that does, I can safely say without hesitation that... you're full of crap. Prove me wrong. I dare you to try.

Old 08-18-2014, 03:30 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,687,968 times

/thread.

Old 08-18-2014, 03:32 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipit View Post
So you background checked me on the forum to figure out what switch to turn on.
And so now I understand there is an unwritten term of use: If you do not agree with right-wing cops can do no wrong insaneology, then you consent to being captioned a troll.

WAIT! So all cops are right wingers now? This is getting to be ridiculous. Seems hyper partisanship is alive and well, and blindingly so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies