Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 06:34 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
I'm all for trees, but this girl is a nutcase. She was someone who said "Anarchy lives" in a may day protest news video in Seattle earlier this year.

Bainbridge teen climbs tree to protest development | KING5.com Seattle

Woman sits in tree to protest development | www.kirotv.com

And people say the right is full of crazies.
It is, but that is another discussion. This is Seattle, what else did you expect. There are crazies on all sides.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2014, 06:38 AM

11,143 posts, read 10,708,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
And your daughter would be the first one shi*tting on your head for doing so.

Once that happened, what would that make you?
Considering that I asked my 9 year old daughter this morning what she thought of this news story and her answer was that the girl in the tree is an idiot, I'm not too concerned.

Old 08-19-2014, 06:40 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,056,554 times
When I look at a tree I see:
Something that can significantly raise your property value.
Something that will never need a welfare check.
Something that will never rob you or steal from you.
Something that can lower your heating and cooling costs for your home.
Something that raises the quality of life in the neighborhood by attracting wildlife and giving beauty.
Something that can be a resource when needed. The longer you wait to harvest it the more its value.
Something that is low maintenance. Cut it down and build something in its place and that will cost money to maintain it and heat it.
Something that won't be noisy like neighbors or annoy you with bad personal habits.
Something that can lower risks to your property by fighting erosion flooding and wind damage.
I can think of many trees I'd like to hug a lot more than many people I know.
If politics made sense, conservatives would be tree huggers and liberals would ignore them. Figure conservatives are far more likely to make use of national parks and have green space near where they live. Urban liberals probably never think twice about nature but its been forced on them by association. Likewise clean air and clean water makes good business sense, many industries rely on fishing and recreation.
She's out there protesting and speaking her mind, goofy or not. At least she's not some radical using her cause as an excuse to be violent and to loot or steal.

Old 08-19-2014, 06:52 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
Quote:
I'm all for trees, but this girl is a nutcase. She was someone who said "Anarchy lives" in a may day protest news video in Seattle earlier this year.

Yep. It isn't just the rioters and looters in Ferguson. We have plenty of white morons as well.

Old 08-19-2014, 06:57 AM

37,801 posts, read 41,003,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
She is 19, she isn't crazy, she is young. Everyone at 19 thinks they have the world figured out and are all knowing. This girl will learn eventually that sitting in a tree isn't the way to change the course of an action. Maybe these events will lead her to more grown up and educated paths in life that lead to protecting local businesses.
She will be forever known as "That tree nut."

Old 08-19-2014, 07:14 AM

1,690 posts, read 2,060,161 times
Quote:

Nice to see some activism from the Millenials. There isn't too much needed to say here except go back to Woodstock summer of love and review what YOUR generation did. Nuff said

Old 08-19-2014, 10:26 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Seems like the conservatives love cutting off their noses to spite their faces.

They home in on the fact that she is 19 and probably a liberal and totally overlook the fact that she is fighting for the small businesses, which conservatives always loudly proclaim to be the backbone of economic enterprise.

Not to mention that every time someone says the minimum wage should be raised, one of the conservatives stock replies is 'start your own business'!

Must be awfully hard to view the world through two faces at the same time. No wonder they are imploding.
This is exactly right, conservatives here should like her spirit to fight for small businesses. She is just doing it wrong because she is 19 and hasn't learned how to properly go about fighting for small businesses.

Old 08-19-2014, 10:27 AM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
This is exactly right, conservatives here should like her spirit to fight for small businesses. She is just doing it wrong because she is 19 and hasn't learned how to properly go about fighting for small businesses.
I think she should be protesting by kickiing in the door....throwing gas bombs....

Oh, wait....never mind...

Old 08-19-2014, 10:27 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
She will be forever known as "That tree nut."
Why? Are you forever known for what you did when you were 19? I doubt it. Heck, this time next year no one on city data will remember this thread or who the "tree nut" is.

Old 08-19-2014, 10:28 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Why? Are you forever known for what you did when you were 19? I doubt it. Heck, this time next year no one on city data will remember this thread or who the "tree nut" is.
Her friends will never forget, count on that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies