Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2014, 02:28 PM

2,037 posts, read 2,990,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpyDerp View Post
Which law are you talking about?

There were scattered riots and acts of violence in several locations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6d0mUDGx6M
sorry, the stand your ground law.

the civil unrest in Mo is much more concentrated and numerous than the scattered incidents you point to.

anyone who "rioted" in LA because of TM was not really protesting but simply trying to get some free stuff.

Most large urban police dept officers are cool--especially on the WC where they are not beholden to police unions.

the NYPD's union would defend Hitler if he donned NYPD blue.

Most urban cops are more like the duo in that movie with the white cop and the Hispanic guy working for LAPD who ran into that mess with the drug cartel....the white dude always plays a marine in other roles.

They are not afraid of black people and can talk to diverse groups in a non offensive way.

I do support officers having to live in the community that they patrol though.

Old 08-20-2014, 02:33 PM

2,418 posts, read 2,037,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
The officer pulled a 292 lb "kid" into his car window and choked him? Yeah, I don't think so.
As the (hopefully) facts about this case are beginning to emerge bit by bit; this is one point that keeps coming back to me. I agree with you - just not adding up. I also heard on CNN last night that there were 3 bullets not 6. Since I came in at the end of that segment, I'm not sure if that's a fact or conjecture. And a broken orbital to the officer??? At what point do people STOP being so certain of a case's end result and learn some patience? It's maddening that this is being tried in the media!

Old 08-20-2014, 02:33 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,035,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
That's the problem...everybody is an expert because they saw a lot of movies.
Well I ALSO stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night so...consider that too.

Old 08-20-2014, 02:42 PM

1,448 posts, read 1,187,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
sorry, the stand your ground law.
That law was never used in Zimmerman's defense. If you read it, you'll see that it is only intended to be used in a dwelling or vehicle.

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

Old 08-20-2014, 02:55 PM

2,037 posts, read 2,990,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpyDerp View Post
That law was never used in Zimmerman's defense. If you read it, you'll see that it is only intended to be used in a dwelling or vehicle.

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine
Thanks for the link. I read it.

You may be right.

I stand corrected:whatever law that allows me to stalk you because of my sixth sense, get into a fight with you, and shoot and kill you when you beat me up.

the prosecutor overcharged the case, but the legal verdict was correct.

Old 08-20-2014, 03:26 PM

311 posts, read 56,842 times
If the cop gets away with this.. it will get worse.
If they arrest the cop.. it will get worse.

The protest might move infront of the white house.. heck.. maybe the 2nd Civil war.. who knows?

Old 08-20-2014, 03:49 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,593,779 times
this just in -

A local radio station in St. Louis reported on their Facebook page last night that Michael Brown’s partner in crime, Dorian Johnson, has now admitted to police that Michael Brown attacked Officer Wilson and tried to take his gun:

Read more: REPORT: Key witness Dorian Johnson now admits that Michael Brown ATTACKED Officer Wilson » The Right Scoop -

Old 08-20-2014, 03:54 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,373,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
this just in -

A local radio station in St. Louis reported on their Facebook page last night that Michael Brown’s partner in crime, Dorian Johnson, has now admitted to police that Michael Brown attacked Officer Wilson and tried to take his gun:

Read more: REPORT: Key witness Dorian Johnson now admits that Michael Brown ATTACKED Officer Wilson » The Right Scoop -
If it's true, then let me guess... the protesters won't buy it. They'll say that Johnson was coerced into saying it.
Any bets?

Old 08-20-2014, 04:25 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,024,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
If it's true, then let me guess... the protesters won't buy it. They'll say that Johnson was coerced into saying it.
Any bets?
There are still protesters claiming he was shot in the back; Its not going to change anything if Johnson really said this.

Old 08-20-2014, 04:48 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,727,236 times
There is not enough information to know what took place with any degree of certainty. What about this officer are you supporting?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies