Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2014, 10:04 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
Would you feel safer if there was a white person who was anger and was the same size as him? I don't agree with your assessment at all, I think it's stereotypical. If that is your way of looking at black people, then you have a complex. I am not 300 pounds but I am black and I am large man. I am educated, gainfully employed, married, have kids, have never committed a crime in my life, never even been to court for even a traffic ticket, so when you say that, what does his actions have to do with someone like myself? I was raised in a much different environment than he was and have a different outset on life. Statistics do not determine the behavior of a individual, it's the behavior of individuals that make statistics. Some people are negatively influenced by their environments and their circumstances, but everybody doesn't grow up the same, not even within the same racial group.
It is very hard for people to actually recognize their own prejudices.
I read this yesterday, and for me it summed up the situation perfectly.

"When people are shown a video in which one person is shoving another person, if the “shover” is black and the “victim” is white, 75 percent of people say the push is aggressive. But when the “shover” is white and the “victim” is black, only 17 percent say the push is aggressive. "

It

Many of the responses in this thread confirm this bias quite well.

Old 08-21-2014, 10:09 AM

2,220 posts, read 2,801,359 times
And the more the truth about this case comes out, as opposed to the dishonest leftist criminal coddling and race hustling and frankly racist hypocrite agit-prop, the more people will join and like the Facebook page!

Thank you for the link!

Old 08-21-2014, 10:11 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1smalldot View Post
since this is an open furom.. here's my thought... could it be that the % of crime by black male is higher than white male is because they let most of the white ones get away with it and the black ones usually get arrested making their percentage higher?
I think it is very likely.

Seems that the actual statistics bear this out.

Justice for All? Challenging Racial Disparities in the Criminal Justice System | Section of Individual Rights and Responsibilities

Old 08-21-2014, 10:25 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,986,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
I recall Obama for example talking about how his white grandmother was afraid of blacks. He seem say that while she was a lovely woman she simply didn't know better and that might have been the case.

However, having lived in a couple of cities with a large black population over the years there are valid reasons to be wary around pockets of young Black males. Yet, Obama, E. Holder, etc. never seem willing to discuss why people (esp. non-AA) feel this way.
I am far, far from an Obama supporter, but I think your perspective of black males, again as I explained to Dandiday, depends on your experience. If you, as you have stated, are dealing with black males, in a city, then of course there is going to be a certain behavior you come to expect. The environment is much different than perhaps someone that lives in a suburban area. The point is, is it really about them being black or the environment that they are from? That's what makes the conversation informed versus ignorant. You have people on here, that are acting like all black males act like that, but not acknowledging how environments can influence their behavior, good or bad.

Old 08-21-2014, 10:34 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,847,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandiDay View Post
Whaaa??????

Read the links, or are you incapable? You will see it's based on a 5-year study, from multiple sources, but mostly from FBI stats. Not the media.

There are pages, upon pages of data links out there. Do yourself a favor and google it.

Educate yourself for crying out loud....

Dandiday

For crying out loud how many blacks do you suppose are in the FBI or in any of those other LILY-WHITE organizations, SHEEZ!?

But you believe their 'STUDIES' because you want to believe them!

Old 08-21-2014, 10:47 AM

13,734 posts, read 7,999,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
...The environment is much different than perhaps someone that lives in a suburban area. The point is, is it really about them being black or the environment that they are from? That's what makes the conversation informed versus ignorant. You have people on here, that are acting like all black males act like that, but not acknowledging how environments can influence their behavior, good or bad.

I tend to doubt anyone is going to feel threatened by a group of Black teenage boys in some upper middle class black area of Atlanta.

It's the problems within many inner-city Black communities which Obama could have held frank discussions on.

Unfortunately, it looks like when Obama does leave office he will not have help improve the dialogue on race-relations at all.

In fact some might argue his handling of the Harvard Professor/cop incident, T Martin and now the Ferguson shooting just made things worse.

Old 08-21-2014, 10:50 AM

2,811 posts, read 5,626,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
I'll answer your question....there was no white racism. But if blacks don't stop with the ghetto guilt trips there certainly will be a turn around in the attitude of most whites to blacks.

Many people are getting sick of the black persecution complex.
If you listen to the stories you will know that the cops in that area are very prejudiced, and are very much overstepping their authority on a daily basis. Guys talk about being dressed in the more urban way, with pants down low, and cops will actually pull over and harass them- telling them to pull their pants up higher. The guy will do that, the cop will tell him to pull them up further. I mean seriously, to harass people who are simply walking down the sidewalk about their fashion choices? It's this kind of crap that leads to complete distrust of police in some areas. Many of these cops are complete dirt bags who are on a power trip because they have a badge and a weapon. Just look at the cop the other night who was pointing his rifle directly at a protester saying "I will f'ing kill you!" just because the protester wasn't back behind whatever line the cops thought he should be behind. That scene really sums up what is wrong with cops in some areas and why so many people hate them.

Old 08-21-2014, 10:52 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,400,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
For crying out loud how many blacks do you suppose are in the FBI or in any of those other LILY-WHITE organizations, SHEEZ!?

But you believe their 'STUDIES' because you want to believe them!

As of 2012, there were 652 African American Special Agents and a total of 2,334 minority Special Agents.

3,881 African American professional staff employees and a total of 6,321 total minority staff employees.

And the FBI, along with all the other government agencies do everything possible to reach minorities for employment.

Old 08-21-2014, 10:53 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
You know what I hate about this whole thing? Nobody really knows what happens, but everybody has decided to jump to conclusions.

Old 08-21-2014, 10:57 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,590,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm31828 View Post
If you listen to the stories you will know that the cops in that area are very prejudiced, and are very much overstepping their authority on a daily basis. Guys talk about being dressed in the more urban way, with pants down low, and cops will actually pull over and harass them- telling them to pull their pants up higher. The guy will do that, the cop will tell him to pull them up further. I mean seriously, to harass people who are simply walking down the sidewalk about their fashion choices? It's this kind of crap that leads to complete distrust of police in some areas. Many of these cops are complete dirt bags who are on a power trip because they have a badge and a weapon. Just look at the cop the other night who was pointing his rifle directly at a protester saying "I will f'ing kill you!" just because the protester wasn't back behind whatever line the cops thought he should be behind. That scene really sums up what is wrong with cops in some areas and why so many people hate them.
No, that goes to show you that it is proof that only ONE policeman lost his cool, out of the thousands of possible justified times that the police did not use more force, I am speaking of the policemen having to withstand - bottles of urine thrown at them, bottles of water, empty bottles, taunts, swearing, in your face screaming.

Your point proves that the police WERE actually 99.99% good at their job and respectful of the protesters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies