Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 07:03 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,400,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1smalldot View Post
He was punched in the face because he was choking the kid. I would do the same if i was pulled into a car and was being choked. He punched him so he can pull out of the police car.... and as he was running away, unarmed, they shot at him.. why?
Quote:
Why did you quickly assume i drink kool-aid?

Anyways, I'm only asking those questions from what i saw and read on the news. I am like all the others that doesnt really know what happened that day but would like to know that is why I asked those questions. But then again, my fault for asking it in a forum where most of the users didnt know too.
Ill just watch the news and see what comes out of all this mess.

Very glad I dont live in the U.S. I am also glad I am not black, nore am I white.
The first quote states you know what happened, followed up with the question "why?"

Cut back on your Kool-aid consumption!!!

Old 08-19-2014, 07:11 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,142,570 times
Sadly the officer in this case will be hung out to dry just to appease thugs.

Old 08-19-2014, 07:18 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,022,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
The officer pulled a 292 lb "kid" into his car window and choked him? Yeah, I don't think so.
Not to meantion that the officer was able to reach his arm out his car window and grab a 6'4 man's neck. Those most be some incredible arms Officer Wilson has. Stretch arm strong would be jealous.

Old 08-19-2014, 08:01 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,590,000 times
I would love to hear the protestors saying "Justice for the Officer".. otherwise it is not justice to want things to work out for each person.

Old 08-19-2014, 08:02 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,590,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Not to meantion that the officer was able to reach his arm out his car window and grab a 6'4 man's neck. Those most be some incredible arms Officer Wilson has. Stretch arm strong would be jealous.
I cannot picture how someone can be sitting, and be able to reach the neck of a very tall large man from inside the car. It does not ring true. and why would he do that if he had a weapon to use? it just does not seem logical nor possible nor reasonable. It does not make sense.

Old 08-19-2014, 08:23 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,587,222 times
Quote:
He was punched in the face because he was choking the kid. I would do the same if i was pulled into a car and was being choked. He punched him so he can pull out of the police car.... and as he was running away, unarmed, they shot at him.. why?

Lol

Old 08-19-2014, 08:24 PM

311 posts, read 56,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
The first quote states you know what happened, followed up with the question "why?"

Cut back on your Kool-aid consumption!!!
Now im seriously wondering.. where was batman? he couldve stopped this, he'd know who the bad guy is.

Old 08-19-2014, 08:58 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,148,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I have no problem with an officer doing his job and I have no problem with an officer using force to do his job however, I wonder if it was really necessary to shoot the guy 6 times.
That is what is very concerning regarding this incident.
I asked the same question once. The answer came from a woman who's son had been a Police Officer before he was killed. Its the training. They are trained to empty the gun.

Im not saying all Officers receive the same training all over the country - but that easily explains 6 shots.

I felt stupid after she said that, naively thinking it was like on TV. You wing 'em and stuff. Nope, its totally designed to bring a dangerous person down. If I was a cop facing a dangerous person, Id probably be looking into bringing them down before they brought me down. Self-preservation is kinda instinctive, usually.

Old 08-19-2014, 09:11 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Army_Guy View Post
See, the issue is that you don't shoot someone once and then wait and see if his assault has stopped. You shoot until the threat is no longer a threat and if that means that the only thing stopping the assault is the death of the offender, then that is a choice the offender made.

Real life isn't like the movies, a stationary shooter hitting a stationary target is difficult enough. Either or both moving makes the shot very difficult even with the training that cops have. Do cops have training? Yes but also keep in mind that shooting isn't the only aspect of their job.

I would not know what movies or television officers are like since I watch neither.
I prefer to get knowledge, experience and explanation from real Police Officers, County Sheriff's and Master Troopers for the State.

I understand completely what an Officer does for a living, the danger he faces and the stress level of his job in and of itself let alone being in a position of this caliber.

Old 08-19-2014, 09:15 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Why did you quickly assume i drink kool-aid?

Anyways, I'm only asking those questions from what i saw and read on the news. I am like all the others that doesnt really know what happened that day but would like to know that is why I asked those questions. But then again, my fault for asking it in a forum where most of the users didnt know too.
Ill just watch the news and see what comes out of all this mess.

Very glad I dont live in the U.S. I am also glad I am not black, nore am I white.
Congratulations on all of the above and be careful which news source you trust, some of them don't exactly do all of their work properly and check their facts, then check several more times before reporting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies