Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 06:37 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,726,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1smalldot View Post
Why did you quickly assume i drink kool-aid?

Anyways, I'm only asking those questions from what i saw and read on the news. I am like all the others that doesnt really know what happened that day but would like to know that is why I asked those questions. But then again, my fault for asking it in a forum where most of the users didnt know too.
Ill just watch the news and see what comes out of all this mess.

Very glad I dont live in the U.S. I am also glad I am not black, nore am I white.
Don't believe any "news" coming from the US, those idiots are not journalists. I think they all got their training at The Enquirer

Old 08-20-2014, 06:42 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,726,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad apples View Post
Glad to know police officers can now shoot teenagers for walking in the street. America the beautiful.
Well thanks for todays laugh....looked at your profile. Your hero is Putin....lmao, nuff said

Just in case you decide to edit don't want to make a fibber out of me:

~~~~~~~About bad apples BiographyStinker from the start.Previous locationsDoltsville, Wa.InterestsDisrupting the comfortable.OccupationFree Thinking StinkerMarital/Relationship statusNot answeredFavorite BooksThe man who sold the world. Ronald Reagan and the betrayal of mainstream America.HeroesPutin~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 08-20-2014, 06:47 AM

28,115 posts, read 63,666,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by satchseven View Post
and i was told stay away from cops,drugs,jailbirds and do not trust white folks because when the stuff goes down, they will stick with whites no matter if you are in the right or not
Sounds like our parents had a lot in common...

Another thing my father would say is there is no point in looking for trouble... enough will find you.

Old 08-20-2014, 06:47 AM

671 posts, read 690,427 times
Default It's the math...

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
I am white and 63 years old,and not once in my life have I EVER heard of a BLACK officer killing a WHITE suspect,but white cops have killed blacks too many times to count!
Really??????
And your point is?

Or is it that you just didn't do your research before posting such a vacuous statement?

Could it be that the problem is that MORE criminals (percentage) just happen to be black? Or that, judging from the previous video, ALL policemen, even black policemen, have justified fear for their lives and problems trying to control or arrest young black men?

Or, (gasp!) our "selective" media doesn't report black-on-white crime...
Here ya go - simple google search turned up many more-

Newsrooms start acknowledging black-on-white violence

Justice for James: Black Cop Shoots Unarmed White Veteran in Orange, TX over Racial Slur | Texas GOP Vote

You really have to look at all of the data surrounding these incidents. Yes, there's a disproportionate amount of white policemen arresting and/or shooting young black males. I don't excuse that, or racist behavior on both sides in ANY way.

But you have to understand that MOST violent crimes committed by young men, are committed by young black men. The percentages for the black race is horrifying.

There are more white policemen than black policemen. So, simple math will show you that there will, indeed, by the sheer numbers of it all, be more white cop/black suspect incidents and issues!

There's a terrible problem in the young black male community...and black leaders are finally starting to acknowledge the pathology. The gangs. The dumbed-down violent gang and drug culture.

Mr. Williams says it well in the following:

WILLIAMS: Blacks must face their community's problems together - Washington Times

It's indisputable, that more young black men are committing more crime per capita than any other race....and the crime is usually violent, or ends in murder:

Crime Stats Alarm Black Leaders | American Free Press
the article is "Crime Stats Alarm Black Leaders":

"The implications are shocking: Nearly 50% of all black males and 38% of white men will be arrested by the age of 23. These statistics, compiled by four college professors between the years 1997-2008, were published in the January 6 edition of the journal Crime & Delinquency."

However, the type of crime is vastly different...blacks committed mostly violent crimes and murder, whilst whites committed burglaries and DUIs.

" A 2012 study by the Department of Justice’s Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention revealed that in 2010 black youths committed six times more murders, three times more rapes, 10 times more robberies and three times more assaults than did their white counterparts. "
++++
And another article:

“An analysis of ‘single offender victimization figures’ from the FBI for 2007 finds blacks committed 433,934 crimes against whites, eight times the 55,685 whites committed against blacks. Interracial rape is almost exclusively black on white — with 14,000 assaults on white women by African Americans in 2007. Not one case of a white sexual assault on a black female was found in the FBI study.”
Though blacks are outnumbered 5-to-1 in the population by whites, they commit eight times as many crimes against whites as the reverse. By those 2007 numbers, a black male was 40 times as likely to assault a white person as the reverse."
Black America's real problem isn't white racism

Hmmm...should whites protest all of the violent "black on white" murders, rapes, and other crime???

Come on, folks. This is a HUGE problem for BOTH races, and for America in general...we have to figure out the root of the problem. Instead of pointing the finger and rioting, figure out long-term solutions so this doesn't continue to happen. I wish that Sharpton and Jackson would be on the SOLUTION side, rather than the INCITE AND INFLAME side. They are definitely not helping...

Dandiday

Old 08-20-2014, 07:25 AM

329 posts, read 387,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I have no problem with an officer doing his job and I have no problem with an officer using force to do his job however, I wonder if it was really necessary to shoot the guy 6 times.
That is what is very concerning regarding this incident.
Use no force? What just use "harsh tones" and wag his finger?

Old 08-20-2014, 07:26 AM

329 posts, read 387,669 times
Quote:
I am white and 63 years old,and not once in my life have I EVER heard of a BLACK officer killing a WHITE suspect,but white cops have killed blacks too many times to count!
So because you have never heard of it, means its never happened?

Old 08-20-2014, 07:35 AM

24,484 posts, read 17,220,223 times
I heard a statement from a witness on the radio yesterday and it appeared that the "gentle giant" had many chances to give himself up peacefully. Instead he "bum rushed" and slammed the door on the officer when he was trying to exit the cruiser, went for his gun, defied him, taunted him to shoot and "bum rushed" the officer again causing him to shoot.

Was it "death by cop" or was Brown just "being a man" a tough guy thug. If he wasn't shot dead but was allowed to get away his buddies would have thought him a hero for taunting and beating up a cop.

It is ignorance and a bully no care for authority attitude that killed Brown. It is a shame that Wilson was forced to use deadly force against Browns stupidity.

Old 08-20-2014, 07:39 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Quote:
Here you go - now you've heard of a black police officer shooting an unarmed white man.

Witness, Ranger explain Monday fatal shooting » Local News » orangeleader.com (Orange, Texas)

By the way, though the man who was shot was unarmed, the black police officer received back pay as well as a settlement in a civil rights case (he claimed he was discriminated against).

Here's an article you may find interesting:
http://www.copinthehood.com/2008/02/...-and-race.html

From the article:
Quote:
According to the FBI’s Uniform Crime Reports from 2000 to 2004, police-involved “justifiable homicides” kill about 350 people a year, 99 percent by shooting. Virtually all police-involved killings, most for good reason, are categorized as justifiable. Of those killed by police, 32 percent are black and 64 percent are white. While the percentage of blacks killed is high compared with the black percentage in America (13%), it is low compared with other indicators of violence, such as the percentage of homicide victims and offenders believed to be African American (both 48%).

Perhaps it is more useful to compare police-involved shootings with those killed by non-police officers. Among “justifiable homicides” by regular citizens—about 210 a year—African-Americans are 40 percent of those who kill and 56 percent of those killed. Compared with these numbers, police seem restrained in their use of force toward the black community.

Of course the numbers do not tell us the race of innocent people killed. And numbers are no solace to the family of any victim of police bullets.

Old 08-20-2014, 07:52 AM

24,112 posts, read 32,468,260 times
This is so sad. The death of Michael Brown is sad. The hatred of a dead black teenager and blind love of the police, is tragic.

Perhaps it is all of you who are doing the "kool aid drinking" that right wingers alluded to so often by tea bag types.

The police, like any other governmental agency; need to be questioned in a democratic society. They appear to be out of control.

Old 08-20-2014, 07:53 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,586,016 times
some people are mad that Brown was shot.

it could have been prevented by any number of things. #1 - not robbing the store, #2 walking on the sidewalk. #3 walking away when the police officer tells you to.

any of the above are possible choices that a person made in his day that could have affected his future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies