Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 08:06 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,520,074 times

Advertisements

Riiiiiight. Like how the dems treated Joe Lieberman...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2014, 10:25 PM

19,757 posts, read 22,661,296 times
Riiiiight... And the far right have how many blogs to discredit 'RINO's'? Hmm? Care to count?
RINO - Conservapedia

Quote:
Former New Mexico Governor Gary Johnson supports same-sex marriage and abortion (although he opposes abortion once the fetus becomes viable outside the mother's body). After switching to the Libertarian Party in 2012 to run for President, he openly admitted that he governed New Mexico for eight years as a RINO, even using the phrase "Republican in name only" on multiple occasions. The Libertarian Party is liberal on social issues (with the exception that they support gun rights) but are fiscally very conservative.
Former Senator Arlen Specter of Pennsylvania supported ObamaCare and switched from the Republican Party to the Democratic Party to give the latter a 60-40 edge in the Senate and allow them to enact cloture on the Republican filibuster.
Former Senator Lincoln Chafee of Rhode Island, who became an Independent in 2007. Turned Democrat in 2013.[3]
Former Senator Lowell Weicker of Connecticut, who left the party and formed his own local one in 1990, then became an Independent in 1995.
New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who became an Independent in 2007. As it is not possible to campaign as an Independent in New York State, Bloomberg runs on the line of the Independence Party of New York.
Former Senator Jim Jeffords of Vermont, who left the Party and became a Democrat in 2001, giving control of the Senate to the Democrats.
Former Governor Charlie Crist of Florida, who became an independent in 2010 after it was clear he would lose his Senate bid. Crist joined the Democratic Party in 2012.
Former Representative John Anderson of Illinois, who became an Independent after losing his party's presidential primary in 1980.
Former Governor Buddy Roemer of Louisiana, who became an Independent after losing his party's presidential primary in 2012.
Wow- lot's of people left the angry white guy party, didn't they? There's even a blog called 'Conservapedia', lol.

Old 08-20-2014, 12:15 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
The fact is that he did represent his constituents. Vermonters are notoriously independent and rightfully so. He HAD to caucus with the Democrats because the Republicans are infamous for eating their own kind- especially if they are not the brand of GOP loyalist 'du jour'.
Doesn't that go for both parties? Before you make a fool of yourself... Davis (R-AL) and Jenkins (SR-VA) were both eaten alive by their former party. They had enough of Obama, and rightly so. At the same time, would I believe they had a REAL change of heart, of ideology? I highly doubt it!

There are no Reagan's in politics anymore. The ones who see long before the disaster that a time for change is needed, and not simply promised; only to be broken. When he jumped to R, he did it because he saw the writing on the wall, and actually lived the change.

Do you think Crist wouldn't jump right back to the R's if it suited his political aspirations?

Why the F'k do we have two parties if they are interchangeable to politicians?

If they can change directions on a dime, whenever it pleases them, what chance do we have voting for these morons?

Last edited by steven_h; 08-20-2014 at 12:26 AM..

Old 08-20-2014, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Riiiiight... And the far right have how many blogs to discredit 'RINO's'? Hmm? Care to count?
I see that as a virtue! At least Republicans are trying to clean house, while Dems just go; BAA, how far?

You guys can't even bring yourselves to admit that Obama has been an abject failure, and abandoned just about every promise he made both times. That say's a ton about your character, and independent frame of mind. BAA

Old 08-20-2014, 12:23 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,520,074 times
Hey threerun, instead of the tired deflection, again, how about you address the issue of what you people did to your own, Joe Lieberman. Otherwise,

Old 08-20-2014, 01:11 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,551 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
I see that as a virtue! At least Republicans are trying to clean house, while Dems just go; BAA, how far?

I do love the "Clean house" argument going hand and hand with the other threads where Republicans have claimed Democrats purged conservatives.

You cant have it both ways. It is either good for a Party to embrace multiple ideologies, or it isnt.

Quote:
You guys can't even bring yourselves to admit that Obama has been an abject failure, and abandoned just about every promise he made both times. That say's a ton about your character, and independent frame of mind. BAA
To admit something, it would have to be both agreed upon and true, your statement is neither.

Old 08-20-2014, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Hey threerun, instead of the tired deflection, again, how about you address the issue of what you people did to your own, Joe Lieberman. Otherwise,
We didnt do anything to Joe Lieberman

1. He left the party, we didnt kick him out.

2. All of the "backlash"(that never actually happened) against him happened 2 years after he left the party when he supported a Republican over a member of his own party.

3. He retained all Leadership/chairmanships in the Democratic Caucus

So what exactly are you talking about ????

Old 08-20-2014, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Doesn't that go for both parties?
no.

Quote:
Before you make a fool of yourself... Davis (R-AL) and Jenkins (SR-VA) were both eaten alive by their former party. They had enough of Obama, and rightly so. At the same time, would I believe they had a REAL change of heart, of ideology? I highly doubt it!

There are no Reagan's in politics anymore. The ones who see long before the disaster that a time for change is needed, and not simply promised; only to be broken. When he jumped to R, he did it because he saw the writing on the wall, and actually lived the change.

Do you think Crist wouldn't jump right back to the R's if it suited his political aspirations?

Why the F'k do we have two parties if they are interchangeable to politicians?

If they can change directions on a dime, whenever it pleases them, what chance do we have voting for these morons?
Artur Davis was a Democrat who ran against Democrats while trying to secure the Democratic Nomination for Governor. Horrible example on your part.

Old 08-20-2014, 02:11 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,061,247 times
I like independents but he never really seemed to be legitimately independent. Switching sides in kind of a mercenary way seemed disingenuous. Nobody likes a quisling. Still, yeah, both parties are in dire need for more "F@#$ You's! " Its just that its better you don't do it to one in favor of the other.
Courage in politics is so rare that its practically an oxymoron.

Old 08-20-2014, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I do love the "Clean house" argument going hand and hand with the other threads where Republicans have claimed Democrats purged conservatives.
OH wait, so you you label something as ridiculous and that is your argument? What a dolt!

I mentioned TWO examples, you could only find a (ridiculous) argument with one? You do realize I made it clear I don't trust their intentions... oh wait, that went right over your head.

Quote:
You cant have it both ways. It is either good for a Party to embrace multiple ideologies, or it isnt.
DO YOU HAVE A COMPREHENSION PROBLEM?

Did all caps help?

I'm not a republican you fool... you are so entrenched in your tunnel vision that you can;t even stop to actually compute what you read!

Damn, what a waste of time you are!

Quote:
To admit something, it would have to be both agreed upon and true, your statement is neither.
Yea, okay thanks for that deduction from a dismally partisan sheep!

Originally Posted by steven_h
Doesn't that go for both parties?
Quote:
no.
I rest my case!

You, my friend, are so extreme... even partisan liberals don't rep you!!!

That says a freakin ton bro!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies