Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2014, 07:38 PM

39,861 posts, read 26,489,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivierad View Post
But they are killing non-Muslims & innocent people!
Then it is time for THOSE non-Muslims and innocent people to stand up and oppose them. Iraq has 31 million people. If they really opposed ISIS, ISIS would be defeated. Instead, many embrace these animals, what they do and what they promote.

Not our country
Not our problem
Not worth the life of an American serviceman

We can not defeat an insurgent, terrorist group. We tried in Viet Nam and failed. We tried in Iraq-failed. Afghanistan? Same. Better to just let them have the countries that embrace them. Now...if they ARE the state-as opposed to a terrorist group, and attack us, it is an act of war. We then attack that country and defeat them unconditionally, like we did with Japan and Germany. If they don't attack us...see above. This will end when the people in those countries have had enough and stand up to the animals. Until then...not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2014, 07:39 PM

230 posts, read 330,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
From your post:
I said that because he spoke against ISIS and it's on same video clip the beheadings was. Sorry for the confusion...

Old 08-19-2014, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Then it is time for THOSE non-Muslims and innocent people to stand up and oppose them. Iraq has 31 million people. If they really opposed ISIS, ISIS would be defeated. Instead, many embrace these animals, what they do and what they promote.

Not our country
Not our problem
Not worth the life of an American serviceman
How could they stand up when they are beheading people, shooting young children and men, rape their women, and demand Christians paying tax, convert or die while destroying their churches and marking Christians with signs!

You're not in their horrible situation so it's hard for you to understand.

Old 08-19-2014, 07:43 PM

13,307 posts, read 7,864,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj0065 View Post
So sad. Please don't let this thread turn into fighting and blame. ISIS must be crushed.
We should send them the Bushes and ask for forgiveness.

Old 08-19-2014, 07:44 PM

1,442 posts, read 2,563,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Hmmm.......I dunno. The Nazis were in fact worse I think, and Kim Jung Un is pretty bad as well. The only difference is that Kim Jung Un doesn't tend to televise or brag about it.

I kind of wonder what the people in the areas they have taken think about it. Are they even remotely OK with it? Are they unaware of it? Or?
I don't think the Nazi's were worse. The Nazi's mostly only killed Jews - ISIS kills anyone who does not embrace their psycho version of Islam. KJU may, I say may, be as bad, but we haven't seen how he treats those he invades (he hasn't invaded any place)

Old 08-19-2014, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAtoCNC View Post
I don't think the Nazi's were worse. The Nazi's mostly only killed Jews - ISIS kills anyone who does not embrace their psycho version of Islam. KJU may, I say may, be as bad, but we haven't seen how he treats those he invades (he hasn't invaded any place)
Nazi's killed many Christians as well. At least they did not behead people in a barbaric way.

Old 08-19-2014, 07:49 PM

2,253 posts, read 2,520,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivierad View Post
Nazi's killed many Christians as well. At least they did not behead people in a barbaric way.
yeah they were a soft bunch... sending women, children and the elderly to die in gas chambers naked

Old 08-19-2014, 07:51 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentlyMoved View Post
yeah they were a soft bunch... sending women, children and the elderly to die in gas chambers naked
Starving them to death and forced labor.. Just to name a few more.

13,621 posts, read 12,727,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentlyMoved View Post
and not to mention all the medical experiments they did on live subjects..

4,919 posts, read 4,833,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
This is a problem that belongs to the world not the US alone. If the world keeps ducking their heads in the sand sooner for later ISIS or some other radical group will manage to get a serious weapon and set it off in a major city.
I firmly believe in religious freedom but when a religious group threatens worldwide destruction and the indiscriminate murders of innocent people then the world must come together to destroy it. History has shown us what the Nazi's did when left unchecked. Do we need a repeat?
I am not trying to start an argument here .. Your post just gave me an opening to say my piece.
Islam is not a religious group, not in the typical sense of the meaning.

It is a theocracy.

Basically, a Government that rules by religious decree.

To put it another way: A nation or state in which the clergy exercise political power and in which religious law is dominant over civil law.
Iran led by the Ayatollah Khomeini was a theocracy under the Islamic clergy.

If you think about it, this is why our founders were against the establishment or the endorsement of one religion over another by our government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies