Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2014, 09:23 AM

675 posts, read 544,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
How many innocent Iraqi's and Afghan's did we kill? Did either country attack us first? Did we not torture? Would that not **** us off we learned someone had tortured our fellow citizens?

No, I get the point. It's O.K. for us but not for them. As we see, that doesn't work.
Again, unintentional casualties of war are not comparable to the intentional capture and beheading of a civilian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2014, 09:29 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by medellinheel View Post
Again, unintentional casualties of war are not comparable to the intentional capture and beheading of a civilian.
Please explain why especially when no one can explain exactly why those people were being killed in the first place. Are you saying that if your family was killed by a bomb you would just shrug your shoulders and say "Oh well, unintentional" or would you get mad and demand a retaliation?

Old 08-24-2014, 09:33 AM

6,848 posts, read 7,992,465 times
IS is guilty of murdering a US citizen. I agree how they performed the murder doesn't matter. They deserve retribution.

Old 08-24-2014, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Please explain why especially when no one can explain exactly why those people were being killed in the first place. Are you saying that if your family was killed by a bomb you would just shrug your shoulders and say "Oh well, unintentional" or would you get mad and demand a retaliation?
I can easily explain why people were being killed in Iraq. We were fighting Saddam's forces, Al Qaeda, etc (all of whom kill and murder innocent people). Wars always involve casualties.

If my family was killed I would understand it was an accident, and that the US was trying to help our country by getting rid of the radical extreme terrorists and or dictator.

Old 08-24-2014, 09:41 AM

39,222 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
I think Iraq people's reactions are understandable. Bombing can only harbor hatred. I think it is about time for our politicians to face up to social and political realities. Our foreign policy is certainly flawed.

However, this terrorist who killed the journalist was British-born. Britain gave his family and him a good opportunity to establish in that country. His loyalty should be with Britain, no?

If he didn't like Britain, he should have left a long time ago. He could have stayed in Iraq and fight for his people. No?

The domestic terrorists are the ones we should be afraid of as well. These are second or third generation of Muslims who become radicalized. ISIS didn't come to this country, we grew them in our backyard.

Old 08-24-2014, 09:44 AM

Quote:
I can easily explain why people were being killed in Iraq. We were fighting Saddam's forces, Al Qaeda, etc (all of whom kill and murder innocent people). Wars always involve casualties.
Al Qaeda and Saddam were enemies. Fail. Saddam never did a thing to us. Even if he did he has been dead for what now? Over 12 years. We allowed Al Qaeda into Iraq. How is that the fault of the people of Iraq and should they not be mad that they are being killed over something we created?

Quote:
If my family was killed I would understand it was an accident, and that the US was trying to help our country by getting rid of the radical extreme terrorists and or dictator.
B.S. We know what happened when Pearl Harbor was bombed.

Old 08-24-2014, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I think Iraq people's reactions are understandable. Bombing can only harbor hatred. I think it is about time for our politicians to face up to social and political realities. Our foreign policy is certainly flawed.

However, this terrorist who killed the journalist was British-born. Britain gave his family and him a good opportunity to establish in that country. His loyalty should be with Britain, no?

If he didn't like Britain, he should have left a long time ago. He could have stayed in Iraq and fight for his people. No?

The domestic terrorists are the ones we should be afraid of as well. These are second or third generation of Muslims who become radicalized.
I am arguing the big picture. Bombing harbors hatred. Hatred harbors other atrocities.

Old 08-24-2014, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Al Qaeda and Saddam were enemies. Fail. Saddam never did a thing to us. Even if he did he has been dead for what now? Over 12 years. We allowed Al Qaeda into Iraq. How is that the fault of the people of Iraq and should they not be mad that they are being killed over something we created?

B.S. We know what happened when Pearl Harbor was bombed.
You are missing the point.

Saddam was a brutal dictator that killed and oppressed innocent people. By default he should have been removed and either killed or jailed. Al Qaeda was gonna come to Iraq regardless. They are all over the ME and even in the US and Europe.

How is Pearl Harbor comparable?

Old 08-24-2014, 10:51 AM

Quote:
You are missing the point.
No, I am making the point.

Quote:
Saddam was a brutal dictator that killed and oppressed innocent people. By default he should have been removed and either killed or jailed.
Let's say that is true.

1. We are not the world police.

2. As I noted, that happened 12 years ago but things are worse today.

What am I missing?

Quote:
Al Qaeda was gonna come to Iraq regardless. They are all over the ME and even in the US and Europe.
They were small and confined until we destroyed the governments willing to do the things needed to keep them at bay.

Quote:
How is Pearl Harbor comparable?
We wouldn't just shrug our shoulders. We dropped two huge bombs.

It seems 1 dead reporter is a horror but killing and wounding a quarter million people was something to cheer. At least in the latter we were not the aggressors. (Yeah, I realize some will argue we were)

Old 08-24-2014, 11:08 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,367,972 times
Beheading.

So what?

Anybody get the golf scores today?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies