Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 02:53 PM

39,221 posts, read 27,592,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
They should be arrested as soon as they return, questioned then taken to a nice quite place and shot. Monster give up their rights and do not deserve any mercy. I am sick and tired of people that whine that they are Americans and have rights, when a person goes off and joins a terrorist group and commits atrocities they no longer have any rights as a citizen, they lost those when they declared war on humanity. The acts these people are committing in Iraq and Syria are beyond belief, and one can determine how extreme a group is when even the worst of the worst terrorist organizations will not have anything to do with ISIS. They are Extreme Fanatics and as such cannot be dealt with and should be given no mercy or presumption of innocence until proven guilty, they are guilty by association and in this rare case it should be punished with what they give others, death. If you think people are mad about the beheading of the journalist and the other atrocities they are committing on a regular basis, wait until they publically behead or commit even worse acts to the American woman they captured, at that point the government will have ZERO ability to avoid acting in a dramatic and final manner when it comes to these monsters, the People will Demand Blood be paid with Blood and that will be that.
Wars and Rumors of Wars
I totally agree with you, especially the bolded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2014, 03:47 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,716,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misbegotten View Post
As for a foreign policy, first we have to know who we are. To know what we stand for. As a culture we are told over and over again, we were not and are not special. That we got where we are off the backs of others, "you didn't build that", as Obama likes to say. He plays to the left and those who feel they have been disenfranchised, and the rest of us go along. That is what has changed, we bought the line that to stand for something is to discriminate against other folks. As it has been stated, once the toothpaste is out of the tube it is hard to put it back. So to with culture, we believe we are racist, that anyone can be a Dad or Mom, that tradition is old time stupid. We are paralyzed because there is no longer the United States, we are now just America. I think I read we let one person more immigrate from Briton here than we did from Somalia. That kind of says it all.
An excellent post and I'm pleasantly surprised to see support for it in the next few following posts. All too often, this kind of sensibility is quickly condemned by the grossly misguided who cheer the new "progressive" America.

Old 08-28-2014, 03:49 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
They should be arrested as soon as they return, questioned then taken to a nice quite place and shot. Monster give up their rights and do not deserve any mercy. I am sick and tired of people that whine that they are Americans and have rights, when a person goes off and joins a terrorist group and commits atrocities they no longer have any rights as a citizen, they lost those when they declared war on humanity. The acts these people are committing in Iraq and Syria are beyond belief, and one can determine how extreme a group is when even the worst of the worst terrorist organizations will not have anything to do with ISIS. They are Extreme Fanatics and as such cannot be dealt with and should be given no mercy or presumption of innocence until proven guilty, they are guilty by association and in this rare case it should be punished with what they give others, death. If you think people are mad about the beheading of the journalist and the other atrocities they are committing on a regular basis, wait until they publically behead or commit even worse acts to the American woman they captured, at that point the government will have ZERO ability to avoid acting in a dramatic and final manner when it comes to these monsters, the People will Demand Blood be paid with Blood and that will be that.
Wars and Rumors of Wars
We would act the same if someone invaded our lands. Hell, we tortured people that never sat foot here.

And you "just take them out and shoot them" have no room to talk.

Old 08-29-2014, 08:58 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,692,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I think he (the journalist) was/is the ultimate warrior though.

What a remarkable human being.
I agree! Journalists who place themselves in risky places to "get the story" want to really do their job, and do it well, so they can tell it from the inside which is a different perspective than that which broadcasters who sit at the desk tell us. These broadcasters can spin any way they want, and the audience will never know but a reporter on the ground, in the middle of the fight, is able to give us the real picture. It's dangerous work, and we ought to appreciate those who are willing to do it to keep truth alive.

Old 08-29-2014, 10:30 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
We would act the same if someone invaded our lands. Hell, we tortured people that never sat foot here.

And you "just take them out and shoot them" have no room to talk.
You are welcome to your Opinion, I will keep mine. My guess is I am the only one of the two of us that has ever had to deal with these sorts of monsters, your tune might change one day if you end up having the same experience or they come from those you love.

Old 08-29-2014, 11:50 AM

Quote:
You are welcome to your Opinion, I will keep mine. My guess is I am the only one of the two of us that has ever had to deal with these sorts of monsters, your tune might change one day if you end up having the same experience or they come from those you love.
Do you suppose the mother in Iraq that lost her children to a drone dropped by us considers the U.S. a monster?

Old 08-29-2014, 12:12 PM

39,221 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Quote:
Do you suppose the mother in Iraq that lost her children to a drone dropped by us considers the U.S. a monster?
I think it is a vicious circle. The concept of terrorism is indiscriminate and random killing. Iraq people's true enemies are their own homegrown terrorists. They should deal with their own issues. We stay the hell out. Now they blame us for bombing them or ruin their country.

There is a reason why Columbus avoided middle east when he sailed to the new world. ME is a **** hole, always have been and always will be.

Old 08-29-2014, 12:20 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
She should ask her husband/son/terrorist why he put their family in danger by hiding behind them.

Old 08-29-2014, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I think it is a vicious circle.
It is indeed.

Quote:
The concept of terrorism is indiscriminate and random killing. Iraq people's true enemies are their own homegrown terrorists. They should deal with their own issues. We stay the hell out. Now they blame us for bombing them or ruin their country.

There is a reason why Columbus avoided middle east when he sailed to the new world. ME is a **** hole, always have been and always will be.
Seems that way.

Old 08-29-2014, 01:07 PM

Quote:
She should ask her husband/son/terrorist why he put their family in danger by hiding behind them.
There was no one hiding behind anyone when we invaded Iraq. Saddam and those we are now fighting were not allies. Again, we invaded Iraq. They did nothing to us. They were not harboring terrorists. Yes, Saddam was a nasty guy but so is a whole long list of world leaders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies