Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2014, 12:28 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,460,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
My numbers were based off a google search.

How Much Marijuana Does A Marijuana Plant Yield? | The Weed Blog

Apology accepted.
Awww, one post says 17 ounces...let me get the waaaaahmbulance for you with wahmburgers and french cries. I kept going down the list instead of stopping at the first. I also saw one person claiming they get 3 pounds with people telling him he is full of ****. Shall we use that number instead because you want to make things look even more delusional in your world?

Quote:
Which will never, ever defend $250 an ounce.
No matter the cost to produce the product nothing will ever justify $250 an ounce without knowing any of the data related to that?

That's screwed up to say for any business when people don't know the costs. It could be justified or not. I like how you have no idea how much all of that costs are but you can say definitively they are greedy because...you believe so. Then absolutely nothing will dissuade you from that. I see you have left rational thought somewhere far away.

Old 08-20-2014, 12:29 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
At least the profits from legal sales have allowed at least one grower to develop a medicinal strain that has very therapeutically effects on chemotherapy nausea, glaucoma, migraine, childhood convulsions and several other beneficial uses. Possession of these drugs should never have been illegal.

I do not use MJ but I do like good bourbon. It looks like growing a decent MJ plant would be far easier than trying to brew, distill and age whiskey as good as what I can buy in a NH liquor store for $25 or so. FWIW - I tried some legal "moonshine". That is some rugged booze. Yiikes!

I think the state of Colorado is actually trying to keep the MJ black market in business with the 30%+ tax rate. The state would collect plenty of money if it just applied the standard sales tax.

I think all of the currently illegal drugs should be made available in State owned stores where the quality and quantity could be controlled and the profits used to help the addicted.

Old 08-20-2014, 12:37 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Awww, one post says 17 ounces...let me get the waaaaahmbulance for you with wahmburgers and french cries. I kept going down the list instead of stopping at the first. I also saw one person claiming they get 3 pounds with people telling him he is full of ****. Shall we use that number instead because you want to make things look even more delusional in your world?
You were caught for calling me out for something you had no clue about. Get over it. It's a site giving people information on growing pot, certainly a legitimate source. If you believe the site is bogus, attack it, not me for doing what I should have done while making a claim.

Quote:
No matter the cost to produce the product nothing will ever justify $250 an ounce without knowing any of the data related to that?
Nothing will ever justify $250 an ounce in legal weed.

Quote:
That's screwed up to say for any business when people don't know the costs. It could be justified or not. I like how you have no idea how much all of that costs are but you can say definitively they are greedy because...you believe so. Then absolutely nothing will dissuade you from that. I see you have left rational thought somewhere far away.
I stand by my argument and the reasons I have made those arguments.

Old 08-20-2014, 12:58 PM

Quote:
You were caught for calling me out for something you had no clue about. Get over it. It's a site giving people information on growing pot, certainly a legitimate source. If you believe the site is bogus, attack it, not me for doing what I should have done while making a claim.
I don't think the claim is inaccurate, just incomplete and based on a single persons opinion that differs with all the others I found. You found a quick answer and went with that because it fit with your original thoughts. The best thing to do is averaging yields for any variable process. That's not their problem...it is yours.

Quote:
Nothing will ever justify $250 an ounce in legal weed.

I stand by my argument and the reasons I have made those arguments.
Your argument has no data to back it up, and you believe it based on what you feel, is not rational. It's like saying the cost of hamburgers is wrong not by looking at production costs, not even caring about them, but because you feel like it is too much. Standing by irrational statements even when shown how wrong they are is a sign you don't care about truth. That's your problem as well.

You are just wasting people's time.

Old 08-20-2014, 01:05 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
That is why I support Decriminalization and not legalization and you would have your wish. The Government will never allow that, how would they get their money if you are not selling it and they get to tax it, "Sin" taxes are a favorite of both Libs and Cons, they can raise them through the roof and people will simply nod and keep giving the government their piece of the action, kinda like the Mob makes money.
This is what they did in Holland, and the results were not pretty.

Old 08-20-2014, 01:06 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
I don't think the claim is inaccurate, just incomplete and based on a single persons opinion that differs with all the others I found. You found a quick answer and went with that because it fit with your original thoughts. The best thing to do is averaging yields for any variable process. That's not their problem...it is yours.
I've researched it before. If you wanted to go back in earlier posts you will see where I have used other sites to make the same argument.

Quote:
Your argument has no data to back it up, and you believe it based on what you feel, is not rational. It's like saying the cost of hamburgers is wrong not by looking at production costs, not even caring about them, but because you feel like it is too much. Standing by irrational statements even when shown how wrong they are is a sign you don't care about truth. That's your problem as well.

You are just wasting people's time.
If one was charging $250 for a hamburger I would come to the same conclusion.

Old 08-20-2014, 01:09 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,820,687 times
Just wait till big tobacco gets involved and the prices for legal weed would go down drastically.

Old 08-20-2014, 01:14 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,952,283 times
How much is tax on alcohol in Colorado?

I don't see any logical reason why the tax on pot should be higher than it is for alcohol or cigarettes. Especially when those things are clearly far more harmful to your health than pot. Hence, it should be a lot lower than it is for alcohol and tobacco.

Old 08-20-2014, 01:16 PM

Quote:
I've researched it before. If you wanted to go back in earlier posts you will see where I have used other sites to make the same argument.

If one was charging $250 for a hamburger I would come to the same conclusion.
You know, I am sorry. I am sorry I fed the troll that doesn't understand mathematics, basic evidence, and basic accounting. That things are true because they just feel like they are right instead of taking hard data in order to make decisions. That people are profiteering even if it costs $5, or $249.50, or $500 to produce and they sell it for $250...which is unknown since that data doesn't exist.

Thank you again for reminding me.

Old 08-20-2014, 01:19 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
You know, I am sorry. I am sorry I fed the troll that doesn't understand mathematics, basic evidence, and basic accounting. That things are true because they just feel like they are right instead of taking hard data in order to make decisions. That people are profiteering even if it costs $5, or $249.50, or $500 to produce and they sell it for $250...which is unknown since that data doesn't exist.

Thank you again for reminding me.
They were profiting before it became legal with a 30% tax.
Drugs has always been big business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies