Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 04:37 PM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
You're right, respect is a two way street..... You gotta give it to get it. Now how does that apply to your statement above.....

Anyone who thinks being gay is a choice is a fool.

It's for the courts to decide the constitutionality, not you.

Sure. Only the freedom of assembly is guaranteed.

The government made discrimination legal through slavery and Jim Crows.

Not sure the relevance of freedom of choice. You can choose to be discriminatory and/or racist, but you can't do it when operating a business.
"does that apply to your statement above"' Your lack of knowledge of the gay community NOT "respecting" those that disagree with their life style is well documented.

"Anyone who thinks being gay is a choice is a fool" Anyone who disagrees with YOU is a fool. How tolerant YOU are.

"It's for the courts to decide the constitutionality, not you." The courts have changed their rulimgs many, many times. They are NOT infallible.

IF the courts clanged their ruling , would YOU accept it?

Old 08-22-2014, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Well take those examples to court then.

However, you'll have to give me more information than just a bunch of statements because I'm sure most of those things have actually already been challenged in some way.
"I'm sure most of those things have actually already been challenged in some way"

If you are so "sure" it wouldn't hard for you to give us some info to back it up?

Old 08-22-2014, 04:40 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,298,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I get it. ANYONE who disagrees with YOU is a fool!
On the topic of left handiness or right handiness not being a choice yes. Was merely using that comparison when others make the claim that there is no scientific evidence that being gay is not a choice.

Old 08-22-2014, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Neither do I but I was addressing your vast stereotype.

Well, care less probably isn't right. I might think you are an arse but I don't believe in laws to stop you from being an arse.
"Neither do I but I was addressing your vast stereotype."

And YOUR stereotyping is OK?

"I might think you are an arse but I don't believe in laws to stop you from being an arse"

When you CAN'T discuss an issue, revert to juvenile name calling.

Why is it that people like you ALWAYS revert to name calling when they disagree with what someone else thinks?

Old 08-22-2014, 04:51 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,116,580 times
Quote:
"does that apply to your statement above"' Your lack of knowledge of the gay community NOT "respecting" those that disagree with their life style is well documented.

"Anyone who thinks being gay is a choice is a fool" Anyone who disagrees with YOU is a fool. How tolerant YOU are.

"It's for the courts to decide the constitutionality, not you." The courts have changed their rulimgs many, many times. They are NOT infallible.

IF the courts clanged their ruling , would YOU accept it?
Learn to use quote boxes.

I stand by my fool statement, it's 2014 and there is no evidence to suggest that being gay is a choice.

Tolerance only goes so far. No one is asking you to embrace homosexuality, just give them the same rights as you have.

Quote:
"I'm sure most of those things have actually already been challenged in some way"

If you are so "sure" it wouldn't hard for you to give us some info to back it up?
No, don't really care enough to look it up. Just have a hard time believing that those circumstances haven't happened before.

Old 08-22-2014, 04:53 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,116,580 times
Quote:
We've already covered that we are not speaking about the law.
Then what's the point? We live in an age of rules and laws, so these things actually matter.

Old 08-22-2014, 04:54 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
"Neither do I but I was addressing your vast stereotype."

And YOUR stereotyping is OK?
Which was what?

Quote:
When you CAN'T discuss an issue, revert to juvenile name calling.

Why is it that people like you ALWAYS revert to name calling when they disagree with what someone else thinks?
Wow, lost cause. I agree with your position. You simply reacted like a child. My example was simply an example of where I would care more than not at all. If you would have slowed down you would have realized that.

Old 08-22-2014, 04:56 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Then what's the point? We live in an age of rules and laws, so these things actually matter.
The law is a bad one.

Old 08-22-2014, 05:04 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times
Quote:
The law is a bad one.
The Fugitive Slave Act was a law.

Old 08-22-2014, 05:20 PM

15,859 posts, read 21,436,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
But what G-d? The farmer's certainly don't believe in any G-d I see fit to believe in, and that's their CHOICE. It is also their CHOICE to operate a business in a state with anti-discrimination laws that cover sexuality.

They chose poorly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies