Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2014, 05:42 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Just save it and then magnify it. His clothes do not even look like he was in a scuffle.

And if his injuries were not so bad, why are certain media outlets using
descriptives like "severely"? Either he was severely beaten or he wasn't.

Now which is it, he shot Brown in the head TWICE because he maintained good control of his firearm.
What happened to shooting at center mass
Oh BS I have a HD computer screen and his face and clothes are fuzzy when magnified many times over.

No way in hell from that pic could you tell anything about facial injuries.

Also that picture has been altered because Big Mike's head is pixelated WAY out of focus.

Old 08-20-2014, 05:43 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Context, context, context.

I'm not doing anymore homework. I've done all of mine.

She didn't say whether the last 6 shots were shot from inside or outside of the vehicle and she was almost hyperventilating.
Ok, her hyperventilating and excitement explains why her interview in no way matches the other witnesses.

No other witness claimed Wilson shot Brown 6 times After Brown was on the ground, nor that the cop was shooting from the car.

This witness won't see the light of day when formal proceedings begin.

Old 08-20-2014, 05:53 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,015,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Oh BS I have a HD computer screen and his face and clothes are fuzzy when magnified many times over.

No way in hell from that pic could you tell anything about facial injuries.

Also that picture has been altered because Big Mike's head is pixelated WAY out of focus.
Look at the video as well. He does not once bring his hand up to his eye area.

Michael Brown Shooting Witness: 'I Knew This Was Not Right' (Video) - TheWrap

I had a latch to a metal gate smack me in my eye socket, after a dog jumped up when I was letting
him out, and I didn't have a fracture but the bones were badly contused. It pulsated and hurt so bad
I was holding my hand up to my eye socket to put pressure on it, because it felt like my eye
ball was ready to fall out.

His clothing is totally in tact and he's walking back and forth without difficulty.
He does not appear to be "severely beaten" to me.

Old 08-20-2014, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
Your point make no sense. If his injuries are legit and shown in the hospital records theyll be thinking "wow he got hit pretty good." An orbital fracture is significantly more serious than a cut or bruise.
I meant thinking, because aside from "hospital records" there usually are signs of an
altercation, e.g. rumpled clothes, hair, cuts, bruising, and not just on the police officer but
possibly on the victim as well.

If folks have access to that video/pic, they would be thinking the same as me. "Wow, he appears
to be fine."

Old 08-20-2014, 05:59 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,091,022 times
Quote:

I had a latch to a metal gate smack me in my eye socket, after a dog jumped up when I was letting
him out, and I didn't have a fracture but the bones were badly contused. It pulsated and hurt so bad
I was holding my hand up to my eye socket to put pressure on it, because it felt like my eye

His clothing is totally in tact and he's walking back and forth without difficulty.

His actions are consistent with shock. freqently people don't discover their own injuries until much later.

Old 08-20-2014, 06:01 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,684,576 times
Quote:

That's the point, if the hospital records show that he's got a fracture, then its good evidence that he was in shock. In Iraq I saw someone missing half their arm walking around, acting like they were completely alright. The whole thing about being in shock is that you don't really feel pain, that you simply are in a blur, entirely consistent with someone walking back and forth after a shooting, looking like they are in a daze.

Why wouldn't his clothing be intact if he got punched in the face? Are you under the impression that punches reverberate to tear clothing all the way down to someone's socks?

Old 08-20-2014, 06:01 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,942,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
His actions are consistent with shock. freqently people don't discover their own injuries until much later.
Obviously you've got to point out the obvious to some folks.

Old 08-20-2014, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
The officer was not in a car accident. I've had an eye injury. It is a pretty immediate feeling. The only shock he was possibly feeling is that he just killed an unarmed man.

I am telling you after an initial eye injury, your reaction to put your hand up there for pressure,
is as automatic as scratching a mosquito bite.

Old 08-20-2014, 06:05 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,684,576 times
Quote:
The officer was not in a car accident. I've had an eye injury. It is a pretty immediate feeling. The only shock he was possibly feeling is that he just killed an unarmed man.

I am telling you after an initial eye injury, your reaction to put your hand up there for pressure,
is as automatic as scratching a mosquito bite.

I give up. Seriously, you must live in your own little world, oblivious to anything anyone else says.

Old 08-20-2014, 06:05 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
I meant thinking, because aside from "hospital records" there usually are signs of an
altercation, e.g. rumpled clothes, hair, cuts, bruising, and not just on the police officer but
possibly on the victim as well.

If folks have access to that video/pic, they would be thinking the same as me. "Wow, he appears
to be fine."
They need you over in the "rubber bullet" thread to clarify a picture for them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies