Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2014, 11:01 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,102,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
After going over the facts and evidence that we have so far, we do not have a full picture but I think we can put something together that is close to the truth. What do we know? We know that Brown and his friend went to a store and stole some items. Brown then pushed the clerk when the clerk got in his way. He then went back and intimidated the clerk into backing down from his pursuit. Brown then obstructs traffic where he is confronted by Wilson. Wilson does not peg Brown as a robbery suspect at the time, but Brown does not know this. There is some type of altercation between Brown and Wilson through the window of the cruiser and a shot is fired. Brown retreats, at least to a point. At some point Brown turns back around and Wilson shoots him. Wilson also sustain some type of non-life threatening injury.

Based on those fact, we can make some deductions. After Wilson and Brown struggle, we know Brown is running away and shots are fired from inside the car. This goes along with witness stories of Brown being "shot in the back" (though he was not actually hit). Wilson then gets out of the car. At this point, he probably yelled something a Brown and Brown stopped and turned around. Wilson may have had an eye injury at the time and may have construed this as a "rush" and started firing, whereas witnesses may have seen this as a surrender stance. Brown was hit several times near his right arm and chest, which suggests that Wilson fired several shots quickly to the same area. Brown likely started to fall forward or onto his knees and the bullets aimed at center mass, already fired, struck him in the neck and head (both now at center-mass level with Brown on his knees or falling forward). I think this is a pretty accurate scenario.

The one thing that would help tie this all together is the blood trail. It's unfortunate that they do not show this in detail on the news because it's important. If you look at where Brown died there is a very distinctive trail of blood leading away from his body. What I don't know is whether the blood trail is between him and where Wilson fired or if Brown was between Wilson and the blood trail. If the blood trail is between Wilson and Brown it supports the idea that Brown was trying to retreat. If the blood trail was between Brown and Wilson then it supports the claim that Brown charged. The toxicology report will also be relevant -hopefully they release it to the public.
Good post. I think a little differently.

Where I diverge is when Wilson pulled up to the boys on the street in his car and ordered them to the sidewalk. They refused and Wilson drove forward to park his cruiser. At that point the radio crackled the description of the robbery suspects and Wilson threw his car into reverse. Brown knew at that moment that he had been identified and when Wilson attempted to leave his car Brown assaulted him and reached for his gun blocking the officers door. He then ran. Wilson exited his cruiser and drew his weapon ordered Brown to stop.And here is what I think happened. On turning around Brown taunted Wilson and walked towards him thrusting his arms upward pointing and yelling. At some point Wilson kept repeating to stop, drop to your knees STOP STOP STOP but Brown did not stop and Wilson fired one or two shots both hitting Brown in the arms. Enraged, full of hubris, and in pain, Brown ran full speed towards Wilson who unloaded his revolver without hesitation hitting Brown 3 more times before he fell and the final shot went into the top of his head.
In shock Wilson did not call for 7 more minutes although in one minute another officer arrived who was just driving to his brother's officer location as he knew a robbery had transpired and was a thinking cop. I believe that given the choice between rage and discipline Wilson would have chosen discipline and fired only when his commands were not followed. Two lives connected to hundreds of lives,,,,changed now forever due to the arrogance of a teenager who learned only that he was in control of the world and anyone who challenged him had to be dealt with according to the superior race he belonged to.

Old 08-23-2014, 12:56 AM

13,734 posts, read 7,999,139 times
1. There's a youtube video where a person in the video background apparently saw what happened and mentions MB running towards Wilson.

2. A woman friend of Wilson gave the officer's side which seems to corroborate what was said in the video.

So...my guess is:

MB was stopped for walking in the street, the cop rolls away but then returns.

MB and Wilson get into a scuffle inside the car.

Wilson gets punched in the face.

MB runs away.

Wilson gets out and yells for him to stop or MB decides to stop and turns around.

Then for reasons unknown MB decides to rush back toward Wilson.

Bang, bang, bang.

End of MB

Why shoot? Because Wilson just got his face pounded and realizes he can't stop MB

Old 08-23-2014, 12:58 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Default Zo's take on this topic----

PJTV - Was Michael Brown Innocent? Liberal Excuse-Making is Getting Kids Killed - AlfonZo Rachel

He is on PJTV and has some good comments on things.

Old 08-23-2014, 01:13 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,532,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
So...my guess is:
My guess is somewhat different, but like yours it's only a guess so it's really a whole lot of nothing. Surely we agree that the people of Ferguson deserve better than guesses.

Everything that's known should be laid on the table; everything that's speculation should be presented as such. To date that hasn't been done. I'm not entirely uncomfortable with that. It's an active investigation, and our legal system provides a venue for such.

I am entirely uncomfortable with people, who without any facts other than those reported in the media, jump to conclusions about whether or not the killing was justified. And for that matter, what "justified" means, in our legal system.

Old 08-23-2014, 01:20 AM

13,734 posts, read 7,999,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
My guess is somewhat different, but like yours it's only a guess so it's really a whole lot of nothing. Surely we agree that the people of Ferguson deserve better than guesses.
Too late.

Al Sharpton, CNN and MSNBC have all decided Wilson is guilty and Eric Holder isn't far behind.

Guilty of murder? Bad judgment? Who knows? But he is guilty.

That much has already been decided.

Last edited by john3232; 08-23-2014 at 01:36 AM..

Old 08-23-2014, 02:01 AM

6,820 posts, read 14,034,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post

Everything that's known should be laid on the table; everything that's speculation should be presented as such. To date that hasn't been done. I'm not entirely uncomfortable with that. It's an active investigation, and our legal system provides a venue for such.

I am entirely uncomfortable with people, who without any facts other than those reported in the media, jump to conclusions about whether or not the killing was justified. And for that matter, what "justified" means, in our legal system.

EXACTLY! People get upset when I tell them this case is going to trial. They automatically think I feel he is guilty. I tell them the case is going to trial because we have five different versions of what happen and a trial is the only way to sort things out. A grand jury does not determine guilty or not guilty. They simply answer the question is there enough evidence to send the case to trial.

Reggie

Old 08-23-2014, 02:27 AM

2,964 posts, read 3,531,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
EXACTLY! People get upset when I tell them this case is going to trial. They automatically think I feel he is guilty. I tell them the case is going to trial because we have five different versions of what happen and a trial is the only way to sort things out. A grand jury does not determine guilty or not guilty. They simply answer the question is there enough evidence to send the case to trial.

Reggie
Evidence has come out that the officer was defending his life.

Old 08-23-2014, 05:58 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbt1766 View Post
Are there any blacks on here that think the officer might of been justified in killing Brown?

I wonder what percent of blacks believe he was justified 1%, 5%?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
southbel is black and she does not come down on the side of the Brown supporters.
I am half black. My father is black (my mother is white French). However, my experience might be different from others because with my looks, I could pass (and female I might add). In addition, I did come from a very affluent background. So, please understand that while I have one point of view, not all blacks think the same on any given subject because of their personal history. While the media may make it appear that way at times, in reality it isn't that way. Even in my own family, I see wildly divergent viewpoints on racial issues.

As to the shooting - at this point, I think the most logical explanation is the one given by Officer Brown. It just doesn't make sense to me that a man with no past history of wrongdoing while on the force would suddenly decide to 'execute' Brown in the middle of the day for no reason on a well populated street. That's just not logical (I am a person generally ruled by logic). If additional evidence comes out that paints a different picture, I would be open to that, of course. However, at this point, with what little has come out, I am inclined to believe the officer's account.

On another note, I am so so so so very tired of this martyrdom of black men that do not deserve it. They martyr these boys/men that exemplify every stereotype of young black men. There are young black men out there who are in college, making good grades, never in trouble and yet, what do I see on the news? Riots and protests for a young black man that robbed a store and that's just excused away as if that says nothing about him. Yes it does. It says that he was the type to perpetuate the young black man = criminal stereotype. And I'm tired of it.

Old 08-23-2014, 06:10 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post

On another note, I am so so so so very tired of this martyrdom of black men that do not deserve it. They martyr these boys/men that exemplify every stereotype of young black men. There are young black men out there who are in college, making good grades, never in trouble and yet, what do I see on the news? Riots and protests for a young black man that robbed a store and that's just excused away as if that says nothing about him. Yes it does. It says that he was the type to perpetuate the young black man = criminal stereotype. And I'm tired of it.
Yes, I always hear uttered by some blacks 'That could be my son blah blah blah" and I just think that most black males are better than young Brown.

Last edited by whogo; 08-23-2014 at 06:42 AM..

Old 08-23-2014, 06:24 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,065,142 times
There was a report that a chapter of the KKK was collecting money for Wilson. It was almost immediately discredited when you saw the organization reporting it was the Southern Poverty Law Center. I wonder if their attempts at stirring up racial animosity classifies them as a hate group? Some lone crackpot with no ties to any group makes a claim and they run with it.
But here's a question for people to honestly consider. If Eric Holder was white, do you really think he'd be in Ferguson? Or would he be there but be supporting Officer Wilson?
And if he was white and Attorney General 50 years ago, do you think he'd care one bit about civil rights? Or would he be conspiring with J. Edgar Hoover to come down hard on protestors and civil rights leaders?
Holder's as phony and self serving as they come, he has no higher conscience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies