Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2014, 11:46 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,758,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Maryland View Post
Fine, see you in four months give or take.
See me in four mounths? Didn;t you JUST stay that there are "some" witnesses that corroborate the officers story? Point me to where you got your info from so I can read it...

Old 08-20-2014, 11:48 PM

794 posts, read 818,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
See me in four mounths? Didn;t you JUST state that there are "some" witnesses that corroborate the officers story? Point me to where you got your info from so I can read it...
::sigh::

Google (if you are that unaware) the cell video of the witness giving play by play stating Brown Charged.

The four months was in reference to about how long it'll probably take for the FBI witnesses (the actual witnesses, not CNN's) to be made public.

Old 08-20-2014, 11:50 PM

13,307 posts, read 7,864,463 times
Quote:
Faulty premise - there in all likelihood was no crime committed by the officer.

Lol @ "premeditation"... right...
Things happened so fast!

I didn't have time to think.

Walking toward you or away from you, act first, think second.

He was getting away!

I didn't let him get away - with it!

I got him!

I got him good!

Old 08-20-2014, 11:52 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,015,211 times
Quote:
$48.99 cents?

Anyway, think of this logically - the officer didn't know Brown had just committed a strong arm robbery, but Brown knew. And in that, isn't it logical that he would think the officer is trying to bust him for his just committed strong arm robbery? And try to fight and get away violently?
The box of cigars that Brown stole from the convenience store cost $48.99 (I left out the
cents part this time

I'm not even buying Brown being paranoid about the robbery either.
In fact, neither the store owner or employee called the police, stated the store owner's
attorney, Jay Kanzler and no charges were ever filed.

As everyone else is saying, if Brown got away, there was no longer a reason to shoot.
Let alone shoot an unarmed man in the head TWICE.

I'm not buying Brown was charging like a bull (crap) either. Once Brown fled,
Wilson should have called back up, and waited for them to arrive,
Wilson knows how to call for backup. He did it in the incident he got the commendation medal for.
You know the one where he was wrestling with that assailant too.

Old 08-20-2014, 11:59 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,814,474 times
Got a hunch the protection (and extortion) racket that the police dept and the city is running against a major portion of its citizens is going to end very shortly.

Old 08-21-2014, 12:00 AM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
The Supreme Court has established some circumstances in which deadly force is reasonable. In the case of Tennessee v Garner, the Supreme Court said the key questions are:

1. Has the officer been threatened with a deadly weapon?

2. Does the officer have probable cause to believe the suspect poses the threat of serious physical harm or death to the officer or another?

3. Does the officer have probable cause to believe the suspected committed a crime involving actual or threatened serious physical harm or death?

If lethal force is justified, officers are taught to keep shooting until the threat is over. Plumhoff v Rickard 2013

Police officers are often forced to make split second judgments in circumstances that are tense, uncertain and rapidly evolving. Graham v Conner 1989

Where an officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a threat of serious physical harm, either to the officer or to others, it is not constitutionally unreasonable to prevent escape by using deadly force. Tennessee v Garner 1985
Legal Analyst Heather Hansen on the Michael Brown Shooting and the Question of Excessive Force by Police : News : Headlines & Global News

You folks that want Wilson's head have all the case law against you. Especially the ones saying there was a physical confrontation.

Old 08-21-2014, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
The box of cigars that Brown stole from the convenience store cost $48.99 (I left out the
cents part this time
Ok then.

Quote:
I'm not even buying Brown being paranoid about the robbery either.
In fact, neither the store owner or employee called the police, stated the store owner's
attorney, Jay Kanzler and no charges were ever filed.
You mean the store owner didn't teleport to the DA's office and file charges in the 10 minutes after Brown left and was shot? Well then, case closed!

Quote:
As everyone else is saying, if Brown got away, there was no longer a reason to shoot.
Let alone shoot an unarmed man in the head TWICE.
"Everyone" else? You mean the three other posters spewing the same moonbattery theories and twisting of the known facts into a pretzel to fit a certain narrative? That "everyone"?

Quote:
I'm not buying Brown was charging like a bull (crap) either. Once Brown fled,
Wilson should have called back up, and waited for them to arrive,
Wilson knows how to call for backup. He did it in the incident he got the commendation medal for.
You should be a police chief, you certainly play an excellent armchair police chief on the internet.

I have to ask though, where does my logic go off the rails exactly?

1- Adult man commits strong arm robbery
2- Minutes later, he is confronted by an officer
3- Brown knows he just committed a robbery, but officer doesn't. Something happens (either Brown decides to fight, or the officer decided this is the moment he has been waiting for to execute a black man for no reason), a struggle ensues and the perp is shot dead. The most logical explanation is that the perp decided to fight instead of going to jail for robbery, and lost the fight. Or it's not, and you say...

?

?

Old 08-21-2014, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
I can't find it... Link me to it. Funny how you first referred to "witnesses that corroborate" Browns story, but when I press you to cite your source, you then drop the "witnesses" angle and start talking about some video that you can not link me too? Really?

God, here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mAaJMBxKA4

Simple Google.

Old 08-21-2014, 12:06 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,257,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Legal Analyst Heather Hansen on the Michael Brown Shooting and the Question of Excessive Force by Police : News : Headlines & Global News

You folks that want Wilson's head have all the case law against you. Especially the ones saying there was a physical confrontation.
There's more.

Quote:
If we go solely by witness statements heard thus far, the answer to all of these questions is no. But it cannot be a "he said-he said" case until we hear from the other side.

Unfortunately, the police have not provided many details about their side of the story because, the police claim, they want to protect the integrity of the investigation. We might not agree with this explanation, but until we have both sides of the story, we cannot attempt to answer the questions a jury will ultimately have to review.

Old 08-21-2014, 12:08 AM

6,046 posts, read 4,814,474 times
Quote:
Ok then.

You mean the store owner didn't teleport to the DA's office and file charges in the 10 minutes after Brown left and was shot? Well then, case closed!

"Everyone" else? You mean the three other posters spewing the same moonbattery theories and twisting of the known facts into a pretzel to fit a certain narrative? That "everyone"?

You should be a police chief, you certainly play an excellent armchair police chief on the internet.

I have to ask though, where does my logic go off the rails exactly?

1- Adult man commits strong arm robbery
2- Minutes later, he is confronted by an officer
3- Brown knows he just committed a robbery, but officer doesn't. Something happens (either Brown decides to fight, or the officer decided this is the moment he has been waiting for to execute a black man for no reason), a struggle ensues and the perp is shot dead. The most logical explanation is that the perp decided to fight instead of going to jail for robbery, and lost the fight. Or it's not, and you say...

?

?
Or its the culture of the police dept in that they think that they can do whatever they wish, like killing someone and get away with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies