Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2014, 08:53 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,580,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCforever View Post
There no absolute proof of anything. IMO any police officer who kills and unarmed suspect should explain to a jury why the force was justified.
Unless you are a part of the investigation, the only absolute is that you don't know.

Old 08-21-2014, 08:55 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,580,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Even the Governor of Missouri called for a "swift prosecution" of Wilson.
Elected Dems called Brown's death murder, execution, assassination.

None of them called for peace and let the law prevail.
They all pandered to PC in hope of keeping civil unrest from happening.

I fear they are pandering to the mob mentality rather than telling these people that Justice is Blind and the truth is what we must seek and uphold even if it does not go our way.
Exactly. Now we know that Brown wasn't shot while running away and we know the officer suffered a fractured eye socket in the confrontation, but not of that slows anyone down to think maybe they should wait and find out the facts.

Old 08-21-2014, 08:55 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:

I fear they are pandering to the mob mentality rather than telling these people that Justice is Blind and the truth is what we must seek and uphold even if it does not go our way.
I don't believe that's the case at all <bold>. I think they're pandering for wholly political reasons. They care little about the looting/destruction, they care more about how a huge voting block sees them as shown by Governors (and others) comments.

Old 08-21-2014, 08:57 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:

To call for "prosecution" instead of a "investigation" is indeed pandering to the mob mentality. Obama and Holder are also pandering.

Old 08-21-2014, 08:58 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
The biggest waste in all this is that attention has already been brought to the situation and the DOJ got involved almost immediately which is exactly what the situation merits.

The follow-on destruction, the murders during protests and so forth are just pouring salt on the wound.

I feel bad for the people of Ferguson, many who can leave are going to leave, businesses aren't going to want to open there .... and regardless of the outcome of any investigation or trial, they'll be left with less than they started with.

Old 08-21-2014, 08:59 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,749,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
https://twitter.com/Marmel/status/50...041602/photo/1

Don't know if you can see the photo and having trouble embedding. But its an altered image of the autopsy report as if Brown had his hands up when he was shot.

It definitely changes the narrative. He probably was not turned with his arms at his side when he was shot. The shot through the hand could have came as he was blocking the barrage of bullets.
Now, this makes sense to me and the grouping on the sketch on the right would make sense. It still doesn't say he couldn't have rushed him.

Old 08-21-2014, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Exactly. Now we know that Brown wasn't shot while running away and we know the officer suffered a fractured eye socket in the confrontation, but not of that slows anyone down to think maybe they should wait and find out the facts.
Their minds were made up day one. No amount of evidence pointing to the contrary is going to satisfy them. They are angry people with a beef and someone's got to pay. It doesn't matter who or why.. just so someone does.

Old 08-21-2014, 09:01 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,018,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Now, this makes sense to me and the grouping on the sketch on the right would make sense. It still doesn't say he couldn't have rushed him.

How does this sketch explain the wound on the top of his skull?

Old 08-21-2014, 09:02 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I don't believe that's the case at all <bold>. I think they're pandering for wholly political reasons. They care little about the looting/destruction, they care more about how a huge voting block sees them as shown by Governors (and others) comments.
The town is 70% Black.
Only 15% of them registered to vote.
Only 6% of them actually voted the last election.

Unless the bigger message is to Blacks across the US.

Old 08-21-2014, 09:03 AM

Quote:
The town is 70% Black.
Only 15% of them registered to vote.
Only 6% of them actually voted the last election.

Unless the bigger message is to Blacks across the US.
That's a lot of people that can be pandered to and moved to the voting booths.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies