Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 07:51 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,293,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Here we go again trying to say people who are "thugs" deserve to be executed.

The constitution explicitly states we have a right to due process. Your judgement of another person is not grounds for capital punishment.
It's just racist bs.

That's really what this is all about.

Americans are terrified of black men. I lived their fear. These idiots terrorize black men from the time we get about 13 till the time we hit old age with their fear of us.

And they think their irrational fear justifies police brutality or murder or violating the rights of black men.

This is why I didn't read any of the Mike Brown threads, the play book is old.

The play book is "Mike brown was a black thug who scares me and he represents all the other dangerous black thugs who scare me, so he deserved to die like all black thugs who are destroying America".

It doesn't get anymore complicate than that for these racist posters. Fear and cowardice racism along with endorsing state sponsored violence to control those violent dangerous black men they are terrified of meeting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2014, 07:53 PM

6,567 posts, read 6,730,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
It's just racist bs.

That's really what this is all about.

Americans are terrified of black men. I lived their fear. These idiots terrorize black men from the time we get about 13 till the time we hit old age with their fear of us.

And they think their irrational fear justifies police brutality or murder or violating the rights of black men.

This is why I didn't read any of the Mike Brown threads, the play book is old.

The play book is "Mike brown was a black thug who scares me and he represents all the other dangerous black thugs who scare me, so he deserved to die like all black thugs who are destroying America".

It doesn't get anymore complicate than that for these racist posters. Fear and cowardice racism along with endorsing state sponsored violence to control those violent dangerous black men they are terrified of meeting.
Lol, the race card. Did you answer my question yet about affirmative Action Mr. Equality the sound of crickets methinks ?

Last edited by Brave Stranger; 08-20-2014 at 08:18 PM..

Old 08-20-2014, 07:56 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,118,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
It's rare that any justice is found in our "justice" system when cops are the source of injustice.
They can just lie in court and cover their trail.

And as we can see, many are naive and believe that anything an officer says must be true. And I'm not criticizing, I was that naive too.

Old 08-20-2014, 08:24 PM

62,859 posts, read 29,092,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
You hit on the NO daddy problem. My dad told me from an early age to say yes sir & no sir if the police pull you over....not because the cop is always right, he might not be, but because the cop has a gun. Common sense.
You're right and according to this article Brown went for the cops gun. It's a recipe for disaster to do that.

Quote: Belmar says Brown physically assaulted the officer, and during a struggle between the two, Brown reached for the officer's gun.

Timeline: Michael Brown shooting in Ferguson, Mo.

Old 08-20-2014, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You're right and according to this article Brown went for the cops gun. It's a recipe for disaster to do that.

Quote: Belmar says Brown physically assaulted the officer, and during a struggle between the two, Brown reached for the officer's gun.

Timeline: Michael Brown shooting in Ferguson, Mo.
Yup....."sometimes you are the bug & sometimes you are the windshield"....you need to let common sense rule your emotions in life & understand your circumstances.

Old 08-20-2014, 08:52 PM

35,047 posts, read 31,242,294 times
Quote:
Either a person supports all Americans being treated equally under the law or they don't.

To say that because a police officer works in one neighborhood versus another suspends some of the rights of the residents of that city so that a police officer is basically without restriction on their behavior as this police officer's oped suggests, is cowardly, morally wrong, and a recipe for abusive government.
"Equal treatment" remedies often lead to bias and overcompensate for the original problem.

Old 08-20-2014, 08:53 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,087,562 times
Worst title ever...it seems like most people didn't actually read the article and then posted a response based on the terrible title. The article is pretty much common sense. Don't threaten the police.

Old 08-20-2014, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
So....of course, then, you are against Affirmative Action since not all Americans are treated equally under the law due to this racist state policy.
Nope not against affirmative action. Affirmative action is not a violation of anyone's equal protection under the law rights or else it would be deemed unconstitutional.

Old 08-20-2014, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
"Equal treatment" remedies often lead to bias and overcompensate for the original problem.
Lol

Old 08-20-2014, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Nope not against affirmative action. Affirmative action is not a violation of anyone's equal protection under the law rights or else it would be deemed unconstitutional.
Thanks.....i thought so. Slavery was once constitutional.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies