Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 03:53 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,870,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
Nice spin.
Well, it's not "spin" but hey, don't let FACTS stand in your way.
Quote:
But semi-auto is when you are pulling the trigger manually for each round.
And even with the slide fire stock, YOU the shooter are still pulling the trigger manually for each round fired. It's called "bump fire"... The shooters hand and trigger finger will stay stationary on the rifle, while the weapons recoil will cause the rifle to bounce back and forth in the shooters hand and the trigger to bump in to the shooters trigger finger, firing a round.... With practice and skill, this can be accomplished even without the aid of a special device, however, the slide fire stock just makes it easier.
Quote:
If you are using a device to pull the trigger for you, that is an
automatic weapon,
The device does not pull the trigger for you, the shooter still pulls the trigger, The device merely makes it easier to pull the trigger more rapidly.

I mean this in the best possible way cisco, but you are quite simply ignorant of guns and have no idea what you're talking about. I'd be surprised if you've ever shot a gun in your entire life. Quit trying to be clever, it's not working for you. Instead, why not try to actually learn something so that you can form an educated opinion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2014, 05:25 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,825,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Well, it's not "spin" but hey, don't let FACTS stand in your way.

And even with the slide fire stock, YOU the shooter are still pulling the trigger manually for each round fired. It's called "bump fire"... The shooters hand and trigger finger will stay stationary on the rifle, while the weapons recoil will cause the rifle to bounce back and forth in the shooters hand and the trigger to bump in to the shooters trigger finger, firing a round.... With practice and skill, this can be accomplished even without the aid of a special device, however, the slide fire stock just makes it easier.

The device does not pull the trigger for you, the shooter still pulls the trigger, The device merely makes it easier to pull the trigger more rapidly.

I mean this in the best possible way cisco, but you are quite simply ignorant of guns and have no idea what you're talking about. I'd be surprised if you've ever shot a gun in your entire life. Quit trying to be clever, it's not working for you. Instead, why not try to actually learn something so that you can form an educated opinion?
It really confuses them when you tell them that a revolver is a semi-automatic!

Old 08-21-2014, 05:27 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,799,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
It really confuses them when you tell them that a revolver is a semi-automatic!
Or that the AR in AR15 doesn't actually stand for assault rifle.

Old 08-21-2014, 05:30 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,079,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Felt recoil is determined by three things, the energy of the round being fired, how that rounds energy is bleed off and the weight of the rifle.

The round is the same between a bolt action rifle and and ar15, but the other two parts of felt recoil is different. In an ar15, the gas is used to move the bolt and thus the buffer to compress a spring. The energy it takes to move the bolt and buffer is energy that is not being transferred to the shooter. In a bolt action rifle, their is no movement and that energy is then being transferred directly to the shooter. Also the weight of the guns differ, most people put a bunch of crap on their Ar's bringing the weight up to around 10 pounds, a hunting rifle actually designed for this caliber would easily be less than 6 pounds. The extra mass is harder to move, thus taking more energy and reducing the felt recoil.

This is all just physics. But the biggest factor not listed above is fit. A gun that is ergonomically correct and fits the shooter will be the easiest to shoot.
I know how it all works, I've torn mine down many many times. I'm just sayin the recoil on my two .223 rifles feels pretty much the same to me.

Old 08-21-2014, 05:34 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,799,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
I know how it all works, I've torn mine down many many times. I'm just sayin the recoil on my two .223 rifles feels pretty much the same to me.
That's fine, maybe you cannot tell the difference or your using different loads in the various rifles etc. I broke it down because many others do not know the difference. I can easily tell the difference firing a mini14 and ar15

Anyways, it is all physics.

Old 08-21-2014, 07:14 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,525,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I agree..... you have no idea what you're talking about.

Yep, sure do. Here ya go:

Ruger Mini 14

Again, just stop while you're behind.....
I purposely bought a BAR for hog hunting. You know, BAR, British Assault Rifle.

Browning Firearms Finder

Old 08-21-2014, 08:07 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,351,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
I know a guy that owns an assault bat!

Is that more dangerous than a Louisville Slugger?
Sure, haven't you heard about the Cold Steel Brooklyn Smasher? Developed because wooden bats can break, this one can smash cinder blocks. Don't tell some of the nuts around here though or they'll try to ban it because it's black and they're totally ignorant about firearms or anything remotely weapon related.

Old 08-21-2014, 08:13 PM

50,159 posts, read 46,820,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Or that the AR in AR15 doesn't actually stand for assault rifle.
a really -scary?

Old 08-21-2014, 08:15 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,017,002 times
Cool!

I guarantee there will be no mass shooting there!

Old 08-21-2014, 08:16 PM

50,159 posts, read 46,820,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
Nice spin. But semi-auto is when you are pulling the trigger manually for each round. If you are using a device to pull the trigger for you, that is an automatic weapon, period. End result is the same -- rate of fire of the slide fire weapon is as high or higher as a conventional automatic.
HOLY FUD, did you just say slide fire has a higher fire rate than a full auto weapon. Where do you read this carp?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies