Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 08:27 PM

36,858 posts, read 17,240,304 times

Advertisements

Where's the outrage?

Quote:
(SLC Police Chief) Burbank drew a distinction between Taylor’s shooting, in which the officer involved was not white, and the racially charged shooting of Michael Brown, the black teenager who was fatally shot by a white police officer in Ferguson, Mo., two days before Taylor was killed.

But Taylor’s family, friends and supporters have drawn parallels to the Brown case, asserting that Taylor, like Brown, was unarmed when he was shot.

"It didn’t make sense to me when I first heard everything, and they tried to say he had a gun," said Taylor’s friend Aaron Swanenberg, who came to Monday’s protest straight from Taylor’s funeral. "I knew Dillon. He never packed a gun."
Utah officer who shot Dillon Taylor was wearing a body camera :: The Salt Lake Tribune
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2014, 08:30 PM

39,810 posts, read 26,318,881 times
What do you want? A bunch of frickin' idiots to burn down their own neighborhoods, rob from their neighbors and generally act like morons, without knowing the facts and seeing the evidence?

Old 08-20-2014, 08:30 PM

34,851 posts, read 30,941,798 times
There won't be. The only place I heard of this today was Rush. Nothing on NBC, CNN, or AP front pages about it this afternoon. Dead white people don't sell because we have no loud or politically influential advocates.

Old 08-20-2014, 08:32 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,559,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Where's the outrage?
Why don't you start it?

Old 08-20-2014, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
There won't be. The only place I heard of this today was Rush. Nothing on NBC, CNN, or AP front pages about it this afternoon. Dead white people don't sell because we have no loud or politically influential advocates.
I only heard about it cuz my friend lives in SLC.

Old 08-20-2014, 08:34 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,373,529 times
Quote:
................ I cannot conceive the reality you are living in, sir.

Old 08-20-2014, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
What do you want? A bunch of frickin' idiots to burn down their own neighborhoods, rob from their neighbors and generally act like morons, without knowing the facts and seeing the evidence?
I'm just saying that if the protests/media attention in Ferguson are an organic and noble display of frustration with how cops and suspects of different "races" interact isn't this another case of the same thing?

Old 08-20-2014, 08:37 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,578,431 times
Glad that the incident was taped. But what the hell is this?

"During the Q&A, Salt Lake City Police Chief Chris Burbank reiterated his opposition to a new ordinance proposed by the Salt Lake City Council that would require city investigators to submit for analysis all rape kits gathered from victims after a reported sexual assault. . .

Councilman Kyle LaMalfa has criticized the department for failing to analyze 788 of 1,001 rape kits collected between 2003 and 2011, and has said the ordinance would help to successfully prosecute more sexual assaults."The sense among the policymakers is that we’ve waited long enough," LaMalfa said last week.

But Burbank said analyzing every rape kit would sacrifice the department’s ability to investigate other crimes such as homicides and robberies. "It plays well politically to be sympathetic to someone who has been the victim of sexual assault, and I am sympathetic to that," Burbank added. "But I also have to be realistic and deal with the victims of all crime."

Talk about a travesty of justice!!!

Old 08-20-2014, 08:38 PM

34,851 posts, read 30,941,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
................ I cannot conceive the reality you are living in, sir.

Like I said in the other thread, are there any significant groups advocating for whites solely or largely on the basis of their race? Absolutely not because it's "politically incorrect," yet blacks have the NAACP and Hispanics have La Raza. If whites tried to form a group like those, the liberals would railroad anyone try for perpetuating the "white power structure."

Old 08-20-2014, 08:41 PM

31,871 posts, read 14,856,661 times
Quote:
Like I said in the other thread, are there any significant groups advocating for whites solely or largely on the basis of their race? Absolutely not because it's "politically incorrect," yet blacks have the NAACP and Hispanics have La Raza. If whites tried to form a group like those, the liberals would railroad anyone try for perpetuating the "white power structure."

You know there is still the KKK
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies