Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 09:32 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
While this is a new story for us, the white house has been dealing with this for some time.

Would I have golfed? No. Am I the president? Nope.

Lots of presidents golf during trying times. When my dad almost lost his business and house, he still golfed. It helps relax and steady you to do that. Maybe the president needs a little.

Never judge others completely until you walk in their shoes

No one seemed to notice or care that Reagan spent 335 days of his term at his private ranch doing/ not doing who knows what while Rome burned. No one cared about the number of vacation days prior presidents took. That was then. This is now.

The Obama Admin knows that no matter what Obama does, or not, conservative media will condemn him. Same was true when Bush was in office and The Fox News message was to support Bush, no matter what. Blogging, internet and social media was not as robust then, as it is now.

What kind of person wants to live in a fish bowl for 8 years and expose their family to the hate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2014, 09:34 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,550,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Then he ordered more air strikes.

Hmmmm, sounds more like he DID HIS JOB.

But don't let that stop the collective conservative whine.
After first refusing to order air strikes and giving support to the Kurds, vowing not to put American boots on the ground (then starting to send the first of many as "advisors". Can you say Viet Nam?)

He only "did his job" when forced by political pressure to do so. He would still be talking if he had his choice.

Old 08-21-2014, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robdreamz View Post
Yes! You are correct! I doubted "Dubya's" lack of Concern & Sincerity here too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9QN3AkydYY

As he read "My Pet Goat"!
And as is typical, the Obamabots are attempting to turn the conversation to Bush in a further attempt to shift the blame from their baby.

Old 08-21-2014, 09:42 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
During the 9/11 attack? This is a beheading in a foreign country, and the President went golfing after it happened, not during.

And Bush did go golfing after 9/11. Remember the "now watch me hit this drive" comment? Liberals were outraged, I wasn't, although I felt it below the man. I feel it was below Obama to go golfing yesterday also. But again, I am not the President, I do not know.
It's all about perception.

A president could hole up with a huge bag of Cheetos and binge watch Gilligan's Island reruns and all is fine. If he dares to golf, it's the end of the world.

Old 08-21-2014, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
Definitely the funniest statement that I have read in some time. Spare us your contrived outrage. We get it, you want the right photo op.
No, merely recognition of the fact that Obama is not the saint that his acolytes deem him to be.

Old 08-21-2014, 09:45 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Wrong - Look at the Fist-Bumping and big grins when he hits the golf course minutes after his 'speech'.
He only "looks gray, tired and lost" when he is not out having fun on the golf course.
In the many golf course communities in Florida that description would apply to thousands.

Old 08-21-2014, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Actually, because the bogus invasion of Iraq happened because of Bush's, et. al. misstatements about Iraq, WMDs and ties to Al Qaeda, then, yes, you could say it is. Do you think, for one milisecond in your RW mind, that if Saddam Hussein (the tyrannical SOB that he was) was still in power, ISIL would have any kind of foothold in Iraq?

Short answer, no. You guys whine if there are boots on the ground, saying it's too much, then whine when there are few boots on the ground and airstrikes because it's not enough. You call Obama a warmonger, when his predecessor got us into two wars. One of which has had American troops involved longer than Viet Nam.

You foam at the mouth when Obama played golf yesterday after he made the statement about James Foley and the cowards who killed him, but not a peep when Bush said "watch this drive" from a golfcourse after 9/11.

So, please, spare me your fake righteous indignation.
We will spare you indignations after you spare us your biased hatred of anything not Obama.

Old 08-21-2014, 09:53 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post

No one seemed to notice or care that Reagan spent 335 days of his term at his private ranch doing/ not doing who knows what while Rome burned. No one cared about the number of vacation days prior presidents took. That was then. This is now.

The Obama Admin knows that no matter what Obama does, or not, conservative media will condemn him. Same was true when Bush was in office and The Fox News message was to support Bush, no matter what. Blogging, internet and social media was not as robust then, as it is now.

What kind of person wants to live in a fish bowl for 8 years and expose their family to the hate?
Reagan was on His own ranch .Bush was on his Own ranch . Tax payers had to pay for travel and security
Obama goes to resorts not his own house> If Obama was going to his home in Chicago and played some golf I would not have that much of a problem because a fully function alternative to the Whitehouse would be set up. Instead Obama is going to different resorts where we must pay extra for the resort extra because security concerns are different on each spot he goes to .
Reagan and Bush had a secured white house away from Washington
. There is a difference is security, expense and what it looks like . It is much different to be going home to Crawford and Reagans ranch then it is to be traveling to resorts

Old 08-21-2014, 09:54 AM

1,174 posts, read 2,512,808 times
Quote:
Then he ordered more air strikes.

Hmmmm, sounds more like he DID HIS JOB.

But don't let that stop the collective conservative whine.
I'm at least "significantly conservative" and tend to think that the policies that have come out of this administration have been disastrous at times, ineffective and/or counterproductive on the balance... But criticizing the president for golfing after delivering a speech on the sick beheading of a Stockholmed captive journalist is really petty. If anyone reading this has ever been in management and understands what it's like to have to delegate to other people and be responsible for their foul-ups, then maybe you can have some inkling (times infinity) of what the POTUS goes through on an incessant daily basis.

In 2014, the president is no less connected on the golf course than he would be in the oval office... No matter how much he would like for it to be otherwise.

A more fitting criticism, however, would be that the president's golf swing really makes me cringe. Stiff, uncoordinated, unathletic. It looks like he's weak for his build. I almost feel sorry for him and want to tell him that he should be doing pushups at least or he's going to have brittle, cystic bones in a few years.

Old 08-21-2014, 10:16 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleonidas View Post
I'm at least "significantly conservative" and tend to think that the policies that have come out of this administration have been disastrous at times, ineffective and/or counterproductive on the balance... But criticizing the president for golfing after delivering a speech on the sick beheading of a Stockholmed captive journalist is really petty. If anyone reading this has ever been in management and understands what it's like to have to delegate to other people and be responsible for their foul-ups, then maybe you can have some inkling (times infinity) of what the POTUS goes through on an incessant daily basis.

In 2014, the president is no less connected on the golf course than he would be in the oval office... No matter how much he would like for it to be otherwise.

A more fitting criticism, however, would be that the president's golf swing really makes me cringe. Stiff, uncoordinated, unathletic. It looks like he's weak for his build. I almost feel sorry for him and want to tell him that he should be doing pushups at least or he's going to have brittle, cystic bones in a few years.

I don't play golf. I don't see much point in it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies