Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you support the initiative?
Yes 12 63.16%
No 7 36.84%
Undecided 0 0%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 07:54 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,836,106 times

Advertisements

I never trust testimony from the underclass of society who claim what you are saying.

The crowd acted like savages.

I did not see white folk riot when that young P.O. was murdered in his patrol car a few months ago. Then the locals put up a memorial to the killer.There appears to be a great deal of functional insanity among blacks.

Old 08-21-2014, 07:55 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,676,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Would you support an initiative by the people, from the people, to remove any politician from office who does not vote to de-militarize the Police??

This move would be non-partisan.
What exactly do you think that term means? does that term include giving police body armor, or semi-automatic rifles? Or does it apply when they get armored personnel carriers?

Old 08-21-2014, 08:41 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,124,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
What exactly do you think that term means? does that term include giving police body armor, or semi-automatic rifles? Or does it apply when they get armored personnel carriers?
Good points and another poster mentioned that as well. This was a broad statement to gauge interest.

I'll go into more depth after researching exactly what type of equipment they have, but I would like to say that I don't just think they need less weapons, I think they need a culture change. I think the "militarization" is part weaponry and defense and part mentality when interacting with their fellow citizens.

I do think we need a lot of work as far as policy goes to not only make citizens safer, but Police, but the way that large protest are being handled in this country should frighten people. When you arrest and attack the press your essentially saying we don't want people seeing what we're doing.

There's an unbalance of power between the government and the people imo.

Old 08-21-2014, 09:06 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Would you support an initiative by the people, from the people, to remove any politician from office who does not vote to de-militarize the Police??

This move would be non-partisan.
Your problem is you can't see that full control happens in steps.

Disarming citizens is the first step, then the only people with guns would be the military and police. By supporting Obama's anti-gun legislation you already fell for and support the first step in militarizing.

Old 08-21-2014, 09:39 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post

Disarming citizens is the first step, then the only people with guns would be the military and police. By supporting Obama's anti-gun legislation you already fell for and support the first step in militarizing.
What anti-gun legislation?

Old 08-21-2014, 09:43 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,124,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post

Don't turn this into a partisan thread please. This isn't about blame. It's just about solutions and debate. I don't want to get into the politics of it because its us making a demand from them. Not the other way around.

"Mass Firing Initiatives"

I think they should catch on. Initiatives where there's an overwhelming majority support but Politicians refuse change legislation because of special interest. Obviously every issue is a case by case issue but the partisanship is doing nothing but keeping that power structure in place.

And that power structure needs to crumble so that the real leaders can emerge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies