Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2014, 08:27 AM

5,792 posts, read 5,107,619 times

Advertisements

Personally, I think Dick Cheney has done more than enough to screw the whole world over several times. The fact that he is even asked to comment on anything of importance just shows how immature the American political culture still is.

Old 08-23-2014, 08:49 AM

190 posts, read 190,338 times
why not find out where they are getting there finances from and bomb that bank

Old 08-23-2014, 09:13 AM

4,532 posts, read 8,871,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

I just saw Dick Cheney on television spouting off about ISIS. I really can't stand to hear that man talk about anything war related.
So agree! I trust him about as much as I trust the terrorists!

Old 08-23-2014, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Personally, I think Dick Cheney has done more than enough to screw the whole world over several times. The fact that he is even asked to comment on anything of importance just shows how immature the American political culture still is.
I think you are absolutely right! I don't care which party he is a member of, he had his chance and he caused chaos, pain, and misery to those poor Iraqis. For those who understand the middle eastern psyche, their history with the west (rarely positive), and that they "Generally" do not understand true freedom like we have in America, they had to have known that going into Iraq, unseating a dictator, would open the door for all this mess. The transition was too drastic and quick. It was, sadly, easy to predict for anyone with a basic understanding of the above.

I know many from the middle east (MI) who are wonderful people who have moved here, have integrated well into American society and are very loyal to this country, and they appreciate their freedom. But there are many over there who have no frame of reference for this. They weren't ready to transition to a free country, to have the choices, to learn to be open, inclusive, and all that comes with this. Culturally, they are generally very accepting of nepotism, bribery, etc.. They have a long way to go to understand what true freedom is. We let them down, we did half a job that we should never had done to begin with.

Old 08-23-2014, 09:42 AM

3,155 posts, read 2,700,812 times
Saddam Hussein: "Miss me yet?"

Old 08-23-2014, 09:49 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,572,686 times
ISIS was exposed a while back as a false terrorist front. Their primary purpose is as another rebel militia backed by foreign governments to get rid of the Assad government so Saudi Arabia and Qatar can build their gas pipeline to Ceyhan, Turkey through Iraq and Syria while shutting out Iran. Their videos and photos are generally fakes.

False images used to

Their leader Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi hasn't been seen or heard since he was outed as a Jewish operative three weeks ago.

Old 08-23-2014, 09:51 AM

1,448 posts, read 1,187,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
Their leader Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi hasn't been seen or heard since he was outed as a Jewish operative three weeks ago.
That was a rumor that began in Iran. It has no basis in fact.

Old 08-23-2014, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
That's just ignorant. NK may be a basket case of a country, but it is atheist and led by a dictator. ISIS is a terrorist group driven by Islamic Sunni extremism and martyrdom. You can't find a pair that is more different. NK also does not harbor the kind of hatred against the West or the US as ISIS does against all things western, despite the Korean War.
Again, you are right. But I would like to add that while ISIS may be Sunni, the Shi'ite are no different. We shouldn't let them fool us. Years ago my middle eastern friends called the Sunni the peaceful ones
Iran is Shi'ite ruled and life for westernized Iranians there is awful. Sunni or Shi'ite, they are all barbarians and they all hate us and anything western.

I saw some other posters say we shouldn't show fear of them and that this is what they want. they are right. However, I believe forewarned is forearmed. These people underestimate how tough Americans are.

Old 08-23-2014, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wac_432 View Post
Saddam Hussein: "Miss me yet?"
Yep! sadly, MI countries were their most "stable" with brutal dictators in charge. If you didn't cross them, you could live pretty well and with a fairly westernized life style.

Old 08-23-2014, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Your condescension will prove a poor shield if these problems from "over there" ever make their way "over here", say through our porous southern border or something.

If ISIS or a similar group ever do become a big problem on our own shores, I predict that the inbred pickup riding gun toting rednecks that the coastal elite enjoy mocking so much will suddenly become our greatest homegrown heroes. And who knows, maybe the gangbangers will stop strong arming convenience store owners out of Swisher Sweets long enough to show the ISIS thugs that they're messing with the wrong people.

Let's all hope your snark is well placed though, and we never have to find out.
I have long said that the ones who are made fun of - the folks with trucks, guns, which are often called rednecks, are the ones who could best show what Americans are made of if it comes to that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies