Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2014, 12:12 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,032,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpyDerp View Post
They're a danger to the region and returning jihadis will pose a danger to their home nations, but this isn't the beginning of Armageddon. We need to get our allies together and knock them into the dirt. We should even invite our frenemies, Iran, to join in.
If ISIS somehow manages to take Baghdad the Iranians might be more willing to take them down. Iran won't be happy with a complete takeover of Irag by radical Sunni's. Personally I would prefer for the Iranians to wipe out those ISIS lunatics altogether but they may not be willing to do that just yet. Like you said, maybe the U.S. could get their cooperation in helping to take them down.

Old 08-22-2014, 01:26 PM

329 posts, read 387,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT Dave View Post
If ISIS somehow manages to take Baghdad the Iranians might be more willing to take them down. Iran won't be happy with a complete takeover of Irag by radical Sunni's. Personally I would prefer for the Iranians to wipe out those ISIS lunatics altogether but they may not be willing to do that just yet. Like you said, maybe the U.S. could get their cooperation in helping to take them down.
The US needs to get any Americans out they can, and leave. Never looking back.

Old 08-22-2014, 02:03 PM

2,491 posts, read 2,680,059 times
Does the US addiction to Middle East oil make us more safe or less safe?

Last edited by Eddyline; 08-22-2014 at 03:31 PM..

Old 08-22-2014, 03:15 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,164,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Hey n00b, I'm not saying you shouldn't clean out the old Y2K bunker in the backyard and prepare for the apocalypse/rapture/invasion/ whatever keeps you up at night.

Lots of peanut butter and bottled water should be on the shopping list.

Oh yeah, tubs of peanut butter and assault wheelbarrows! I wonder what happened to Gunkid, whether he ever got sprung from prison.

Isis isn't that big of a deal to us yet, and even in the region there are only so many villages to butcher. We can expect a small terror attack on US soil I expect, but it won't even come close to as much death as the yearly flu does.

The only real threat any of the terror groups has would be in buying a true nuke and hitting a major city with it ...... in that case panic would cripple the economy and keep us from interacting with the world. It's really only a matter of time, there's quite a demand and supply is increasing, even in unstable countries like Pakistan and NKorea.

Old 08-22-2014, 03:28 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,275,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Imagine ISIS teaming up with North Korea to crush America.
Hey man, I understand. I like to browse these forums and post high or tripping myself sometimes. And sometimes I too like to reminisce about my childhood days of playing G.I. Joe vs. C.O.B.R.A. It's cool. Think about something nice.

Old 08-22-2014, 03:32 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,622,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Too little, too late. Plus, he's on the dang golf course most of the time, instead of the situation room.

Worst. President. Ever.

Vacationer-in-chief? How Obama

Old 08-22-2014, 07:19 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,322,599 times
Quote:
We should be afraid of ISIS VERY afraid so why doesn't our president seem to take them seriously and do something more than talk about inbetween his golf games on Marthas Vineyard?

The pres and gov are watching them closely, IMO. If it doesn't seem like it, it could be b/c they don't want us to become too fearful or for other reasons. Another thing, they know Americans are apprehensive about our troops going back there again. Something like that could happen.

Old 08-22-2014, 10:09 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,870,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crue cab View Post
Really? Waaaaaayyyyyy over there. I could see your point if they had to sail ships to get here, but this is the air age of travel.
And with many of them bringing in people from the UK, only a matter of time before they are here in great numbers.
You are SO right!

I am Brit but have lived in the US since the '70's. I am disgusted that these animals can even be called "Brits". They are pretty much first generation Brit born of foreign (Middle Eastern, or muslim African parentage). Their parents left their 3rd world lives for a new life in England and were grateful for it only to lose their kids to radicalism. The stupid kids (young men) idealized their parents' home countries or the ultra conservative/radical Islam that their parents were happy to be free of. They actually believe they are helping their people by joining the Jihad. From all I hear from my family and friends in England, and what I have learned by researching types like ISIS, and experiences I've had with them through a family member, I am afraid I understand them too well. Now I will add that they have also converted some native Brits to Islam. But it is rare to see them radicalized or their numbers are far less.

This country has long underestimated their tenacity and hatred for the US. They have long wanted to take down America. We are number 1 on their hit list now. In the 70's here (US) they were trying to radicalize middle eastern college kids in the hopes they'd take their American education/knowledge of Engineering, Nuclear energy, etc. to the MI and use it against America. They had events on campuses to raise funds for so called, charity relief in Palestine and wherever else they could use to pull in young men to brainwash them. That Palestine was the focus of the slide show they presented was a minor thing. The real work happened when they worked the crowd to pick their next convert. I saw their tactics...they move slowly to convert their prey typically over the course of a year or less. They are masterful at pulling people away from the western lifestyle to their way of thinking. I was amazed to see how highly intelligent young people could be totally turned around and radicalized in no time.

I share this to illustrate that it happened here, and probably is still happening here. England is almost lost to them due to its moral/social decline and pandering to them in the name of being politically correct. You all should research YouTube for proof of what I am saying. They don't call it Englistan for nothing! Do a search about them bragging about taking over America to see how they think, what their goals are and how rabid they are about their "cause". Their plan, and one that has worked so far in England, is to turn the constitution against us. There plan is to have elected officials in place to implement their "ways". So, yes, I believe they have many people here who are American citizens who will turn on us in a split second. In England they currently have their Sharia court which is voluntary, like mediation, and for only Muslims. It won't be long before someone who "offends" a muslim will have to answer their voluntary court. I believe that is the next phase. Also research "No Go" areas in England to see how they build modern day Ghettos that no white people or non Muslims dare step foot in.

There is much more I could say but don't want to dominate the discussion or bore you I recently shared only a small part of what I did here in a CD thread and was jumped on and called a racist. So, let me go on record as saying I don't have a racist bone in my body. I abhor racism. But I am not a fool and feel it's my obligation to tell people, especially Americans, what I know so that you are better prepared. The media here just doesn't report enough about what's happening in Europe because of them. In Britain individual liberties are being taken away so as not to offend the Muslims. There are too many examples to share.

What I love about Americans is that they are generally independent minded, proud of their nation, generally strong willed, and don't easily roll over. Most love their country and will fight for their values and freedom. The wusses in Europe, especially England, mostly don't have this. The working class folks have the spunk and give these radicals a run for their money but nobody backs them. It's pretty sad.

Old 08-23-2014, 05:18 AM

5,792 posts, read 5,106,539 times
Quote:
This thread has taken off and I think most of us will agree that ISIS is a real problem. They may be or not the next Nazis type extremists but they are dangerous and they are only getting worse. Imagine ISIS teaming up with North Korea to crush America.
That's just ignorant. NK may be a basket case of a country, but it is atheist and led by a dictator. ISIS is a terrorist group driven by Islamic Sunni extremism and martyrdom. You can't find a pair that is more different. NK also does not harbor the kind of hatred against the West or the US as ISIS does against all things western, despite the Korean War.

Old 08-23-2014, 08:03 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
It's OK to be afraid.

But all the emotionally charged media hype that keeps so many folks glued to their boob tubes just doesn't scare all of us.
That's what they want; our unabashed fear. I agree ~ let's not give it to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crue cab View Post
Realizing there is a threat and enjoying life otherwise is not mutually exclusive.
Now, ignoring the threat and doing nothing about it is just plain stupid.
I definitely don't think we should be ignoring it or doing nothing about it. I believe we are doing something about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
You mean the over ten year, trillion dollar effort on the War on Terrorism has not been successful, but has made things worse? Just like the decades old War on Drugs and War on Poverty failures?

I am not surprised.
Me either. I guess we've pissed off about every country now?

And maybe we should just quit declaring 'War On" things. Seems like they are abject failures with the end result of declaring a 'war on' our own people and the wasting of taxpayer dollars in large measure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Say what you want, but Egypt, Iraq, Libya, etc were all better off with dictatorship/ruling families than they are now as a "liberated" people
And we wonder why everyone hates us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
American politicians, egged on by the liberal media and big businesses, blew up Iraq's dictatorship, and offered nothing of substance in its place. So the place becomes a craphole and fertile ground for these barbaric demons to spawn and spew their hate. Now they rise and challenge the Americans with their barbaric acts. Soon, ISIS will need ground troops to eliminate, and it will cost the US many more billions. Pity the American taxpayers (like me), who are deceived by talks of WMD, Freedom, Liberation, and Democracy, by empty slogans and now drained by the never ending wars. Who was the genius who ordered the full scale invasion of iraq in the first place? It was a fully functioning state with electricity and running water before it became a cesspool and a breeding ground for ISIS. Thanks for nothing!
I just saw Dick Cheney on television spouting off about ISIS. I really can't stand to hear that man talk about anything war related.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies