Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2014, 11:44 AM

31,046 posts, read 22,077,427 times

Advertisements

Happily Circ'd here. Wouldn't have it any other way I don't know of any other man that has been that would disagree.

Old 08-22-2014, 11:56 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,252,971 times
good. keep your genitals to yourself.
A parents decision to have the procedure done on their son is their business. If its based on their religion, then thats their business too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
I think my genitals are my business. And they are not anyone's parents' business either.

Old 08-22-2014, 11:57 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
We have a rapidly growing population of immigrants from places where female circumcision is the cultural norm. Should we use the same LOGIC and say, hey, it's the parents choice to do this because it follows their religious or cultural norms? The bible? They just might have a different little book than that, that prescribes the alteration of girls, rather than boys.

"health reasons" is a bit of a stretch. 100 years ago or more, when running water and regular bathing were not known, yes, you can make that case. But in modern times? No, it's a societal norm, no more.
Name all the benefits of female circumcision.

Old 08-22-2014, 11:58 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,252,971 times
such as yours.
I guess freedom of religious expression is not important to you so it has to go away.
Tell that to jewish and islamic people who perform circumcision based on their religion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
I enjoy making these threads because it forces people to face their hypocrisies and ignorance. It's funny to watch posters squirm and refuse to address the issues head on time and again.

I apply the "my body my choice" feminist frame work to males, and the response, of course, is "you don't have a right to your own foreskin." The responses rendered were what I expected.

Old 08-22-2014, 12:02 PM

12,042 posts, read 8,421,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Would you have been as complacent if it had been a girl and the Dr. circumcised her without your consent?
Why do you assume I was complacent?

As far as I'm concerned this isn't an issue of male/female rights as it's been twisted to be. It's a public health issue. Circumcision for health reasons is different than female circumcision.

Female circumcision increases the number of health problems a woman will have; the opposite is true for males and is, by it's nature and purpose, a totally different thing.

I believe that parents who don't want male circumcision should have that right. Those who want it for health reasons should also have that right. It is supported by the Association of Pediatricians for preventative measures.

I hope people continue to have that choice.

Old 08-22-2014, 12:04 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Well, you just go have a discussion with your god about that, hmm?

Challenge the religious.

Join a group to demand circumcision be unlawful.

I even thought of a rallying cry for ya:

"If you like your foreskin, you can keep your foreskin!"

Catchy, no?
Funny.

Here's the thing: the majority of people that circumcise their sons do so for no religious reasons whatsoever.
I can sort of understand those who do adhere to centuries-old tradition, but, for the rest, what's your excuse?

Old 08-22-2014, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I'm sorry, what?
They circumcised your child without written approval or prior discussion?

And you are okay with that?

Wow. Just wow.
Amazing how you jump to that conclusion without asking first.

Old 08-22-2014, 12:10 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
Funny.

Here's the thing: the majority of people that circumcise their sons do so for no religious reasons whatsoever.
I can sort of understand those who do adhere to centuries-old tradition, but, for the rest, what's your excuse?
If you read my posts you would know that I don't care one way or the other.

I gave birth to three daughters.

I neither have nor need an excuse for those above-mentioned people.

And now this sorry excuse for a thread should wither and die.

Old 08-22-2014, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Funny.

And if you'd read my posts you'd understand the health benefits of circumcision.

Old 08-22-2014, 12:18 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Name all the benefits of female circumcision.
See post 69.

Ultimately the "benefits" are the same as for male circumcision. They follow cultural or religious norms.

To be clear, I'm not arguing for female circumcision at the decision of the parents, I'm against doing it for males. As is very clear from the thread, and something the misandrists on here try to distort.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies