Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 07:01 PM

16 posts, read 14,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
1. Actually, No--the female equivalent of castration is ovary removal.
I said it's as close to the female version of castration since the ovum don't drop into the labia as our testicles do into the scr*tum. Removal of the clitoris is absolutely the equivalent of removing all or a good deal of the penis.

Old 08-25-2014, 07:03 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,770,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I've never met a guy who considered himself permanently disfigured.
I have met such a guy on Facebook. Basically, he is upset that he got circumcised as an infant and hates his parents for doing this. He also stated that he feels sexually inferior to females because a part of his genitalia has been removed (and as for foreskin restoration, he stated that his does not completely reverse the impact of circumcision).

Old 08-25-2014, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unak78 View Post

I said it's as close to the female version of castration since the ovum don't drop into the labia as our testicles do into the scr*tum. Removal of the clitoris is absolutely the equivalent of removing all or a good deal of the penis.
You said this: "Basically it's as close to castration as you can get with women", to which I replied that this is inaccurate since the female equivalent of castration (which, as far as I know, is the removal of the testicles, not the penis) is the removal of the ovaries.

You might be correct that this is the closest female equivalent to penis removal, but again, as far as I know, penis removal and castration are not the same thing.

Old 08-25-2014, 09:00 PM

15,082 posts, read 14,276,033 times
Quote:
I have met such a guy on Facebook. Basically, he is upset that he got circumcised as an infant and hates his parents for doing this. He also stated that he feels sexually inferior to females because a part of his genitalia has been removed (and as for foreskin restoration, he stated that his does not completely reverse the impact of circumcision).
Does this sound familiar?
Quote:
Generalizing as a result of one specific example/case doesn't appear to be a
particularly good move.
What my son said apparently doesn't matter, but what some guy said on Facebook is gospel. Got it.

Old 08-25-2014, 09:17 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,300,054 times
Wow a thread full of people that need to (re)take Biology and Human sexuality ... Female "circumcision" is not even close to male circumcision .. On males a small portion of their foreskin is cut off, it doesn't affect the male's ability to have intercourse at all, with female circumcision the female's(usually very young girls) clitoris is removed along with most of her vaginal tissue and is basically sewn shut, left open enough for menstruation and urination, intercourse is very painful or impossible.
It is amazing considering the amount of information available with little effort.

Seems someone is looking to blame something for his sexual insecurities or dysfunction, no one specific don't want to get an infraction.

Old 08-25-2014, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Does this sound familiar?

What my son said apparently doesn't matter, but what some guy said on Facebook is gospel. Got it.
No, your son's opinion here is valid as one person's experience with this. Same for my Facebook friend, assuming that he is telling the truth. What is a bad move is to make generalizations based on the testimonies of a small number of people.

Old 08-26-2014, 09:17 AM

34,620 posts, read 21,496,037 times
Quote:
The sense of inferiority due to lack of foreskin sounds more like a symptom of other psychological issues.

Old 08-26-2014, 09:29 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,293,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
The sense of inferiority due to lack of foreskin sounds more like a symptom of other psychological issues.
Yes, it does, but back to the original point of this thread, neither of my sons is circumcised, and I was not pressured to do so by any healthcare providers. In fact, my sons' pediatrician was adamantly opposed to it. So I don't know what the big deal is here. If the OP is offended by his own circumcision, he needs to take it up with his mother. And for heaven's sake, he needs to share his concerns with his wife before he conceives a child.

Old 08-26-2014, 03:25 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,440,837 times
Wow. As rates of uncircumcised men rise, more and more women are developing cervical cancer.

Cervical Cancer in Female Partners of Uncircumcised Men

This is in reference to pre-cancerous lesions on the cervix:

" In New South Wales, Australia they have increased by 32% over a 10 year period, with 8 in 1000 having a high-grade lesion in 2005. This increase coincides with a rise in uncircumcised males in the sexually-active population."

"In 2002, a large, well-designed multinational study by the International Agency for Research on Cancer published in the New England Journal of Medicine has irrefutably implicated the foreskin in cervical cancer [Castellsague et al., 2002]. This involved 1,913 couples in 5 global locations in Europe, Asia and South America. Penile HPV was found in 20% of uncircumcised, but only 5% of circumcised men (odds ratio = 0.37). The women were more than 5.6 times more likely to have cervical cancer if their partner was uncircumcised."

Remind me to thank my MIL next time I talk to her.

Last edited by Ivorytickler; 08-26-2014 at 03:49 PM..

Old 08-26-2014, 04:07 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,545,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Unless you're Jewish you can choose to copy them or not.

Of course I think you mean when are we going to stop allowing parents to whack off Johnny's little wanner. I do hope soon, I feel sorry for guys it's not cool at all. You grow up and realize, hey, this could've felt even better than this.
or Muslim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies