Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 07:07 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,868,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Do you feel better now? Do you try to derail every thread with any mention of religion with this rant?

Sad and pathetic.
No, what's sad and pathetic is that the OP wants to revive the Crusades. And he wants to use American soldiers--to fight his holy war. What's sad and pathetic is that you don't find that alarming.

Old 08-22-2014, 07:13 AM

25,840 posts, read 16,517,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
No, what's sad and pathetic is that the OP wants to revive the Crusades. And he wants to use American soldiers--to fight his holy war. What's sad and pathetic is that you don't find that alarming.
So attacking religion everywhere is your response?

Obviously you have personal issues with religion. Why not keep those personal?

I for one believe that Christianity is the light of the world and if not for Jesus Christ and his teachings we may still be in the dark ages. Maybe that is where we are heading back to, seems the more people turn their back on his teachings the more things like a British terrorist sawing the head of an innocent man off on worldwide TV happens.

Don't rip and criticize what you don't understand.

Old 08-22-2014, 07:16 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,358,694 times
Quote:

I for one believe that Christianity is the light of the world and if not for Jesus Christ and his teachings we may still be in the dark ages. Maybe that is where we are heading back to, seems the more people turn their back on his teachings the more things like a British terrorist sawing the head of an innocent man off on worldwide TV happens.

So, why not keep your own religious issues personal?

What leads you to believe it's just fine to suggest only others do that?

Old 08-22-2014, 07:18 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,525,338 times
Smile The sky really isn't quite ready to fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
So, which of you liberals [so called] will stand for defending life and liberty? What will you do when it is your life that is threatened? And, why do you think your life isn't already threatened? Your country is threatened now. Will you not defend it?

All worked up by sensationalism from the "liberal media."

Old 08-22-2014, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
So, why not keep your own religious issues personal?

What leads you to believe it's just fine to suggest only others do that?
Tell me the last time I attacked atheists. I'll buy you a beer if you can find one time.

Old 08-22-2014, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Tell me the last time I attacked atheists. I'll buy you a beer if you can find one time.
SHOW me where I EVER said you attacked atheists and I'll buy you a 6-pack.

The point is believe what ever you like, but when you tell me I should believe what you do or even worse, pretend it's fine for YOU to state your beliefs while telling others why not keep their beliefs personal, then there's a problem.

Old 08-22-2014, 07:29 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,868,945 times
Quote:

I was born and raised Catholic. Don't tell me I don't understand religion. I understand it all too well.

You want me to keep my own feelings about religion personal, but you feel free to espouse your own beliefs here, and also seem to have no problem with the OP calling for a return to the Crusades--again, using American soldiers--as a way of practicing HIS religion. Sorry, you don't get to have it both ways. If I am to keep my views on religion personal and not speak of it or expect anyone else to agree with me or take action on behalf of my personal beliefs, then so must everyone else.

And just an FYI, the Dark Ages were called that not because it was dark, but because humanity was repressed--by heavy-handed religious control. The Age of Enlightenment that ended the Dark Ages came about as push back and opposition to such superstition.

I have no desire to return to that time. Therefore, I will speak out against it whenever someone tries to push their dogma on me or my country.

Old 08-22-2014, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
SHOW me where I EVER said you attacked atheists and I'll buy you a 6-pack.

The point is believe what ever you like, but when you tell me I should believe what you do or even worse, pretend it's fine for YOU to state your beliefs while telling others why not keep their beliefs personal, then there's a problem.
I wasn't the one who attacked all religions everywhere. Obviously the poster was trying to offend. Fact is that you and I live under the umbrella of fair play and justice that was inspired by Christianity. But too many people choose to ignore that.

Old 08-22-2014, 07:34 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,864,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
This is a well written article which explains clearly why we should fight Islam. It explains that a war against evil is a just war. I couldn't agree more with these points:
"A war to defend and stop those coming to kill you is a moral war. It is called a Just War. And we defend not only ourselves, we defend others. The Bible, the Torah that is, says, “Do not stand idly by while the blood [of] our brother is being spilled”. We also have permission to kill those coming to rape a woman. The Bible, Old Testament, tells us so in Exodus. It is our obligation."

"Pope Francis says that "violence is never the answer to violence". I disagree: the justified war is the answer to wanton, barbaric slaughter. It is a religious obligation to eradicate the fire of Evil. Well, at least in the Torah it is.

Sending a papal emissary to Iraq is a nice gesture, but a better gesture is to affirm to the world that it is morally appropriate to physically fight so as to save tens of thousands who will otherwise surely be killed. Tell the world to take up arms. Instill the world with moral confidence to stop the barbarism of the Crescent before more Christian communities are wiped off the face of the earth."
[This was the reason for the Crusades]
"At times, God describes Himself as a “Man of War” to let us know that He expects us to physically defend ourselves and vanquish evil. This contrasts with President Obama who recently remarked regarding bombing ISIS that “We should not want a victor and a vanquished.” That type of moral relativism is anti-Biblical, will doom the entire Western civilization, and makes us glad Mr. Obama was not around when we had to fight the Nazis and Communists."
Articles: Self-Defense is a Religious ObligationRabbi Aryeh Spero
Sounds like the Rabbi is another Jihadist, just of a different flavor.

Judaism, Christianity and Islam are all just three expressions of the same religion, the religion of Abraham.

Old 08-22-2014, 07:35 AM

Quote:
I wasn't the one who attacked all religions everywhere. Obviously the poster was trying to offend. Fact is that you and I live under the umbrella of fair play and justice that was inspired by Christianity. But too many people choose to ignore that.
And how is attacking religion in general any less valid than espousing one as the ONLY one?

Religion is BELIEF, nothing more.

Until you can PROVE something is or isn't an expression of disbelief is every bit as valid as an expression of belief. To say the public expression of one belief is just fine while saying the other should be kept personal is pure hypocrisy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies