Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2014, 10:12 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
You cannot address a problem you cannot admit exists.
You mean like you?

"ALL cops are bad, there are NO good cops left." Like this is your way to address the issue and solve the problem?

Demonize the whole group? LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2014, 10:13 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,970,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well nobody said it was too high a bar. But saying they are all bad is logical fallacy and intellectual dishonesty. You don't believe all of them are bad, do you? :h amd:
Like most professions, I believe the majority are good, but in other professions, there is no or less of a Blue Wall where good shields bad. I graduated with an accouting degree, and I LOVED seeing Arthur Andersen essentially go bankrupt (it exists in nominal way). It deserved that fate, enabling the Enrons of the world! I want all professions policed!

When good shields bad, good becomes bad. I see little difference for example, b/w a cop who executes someone when alternatives exist (Not necessarily inferring it in this case) and a witness cop NOT reporting it!! IMO, witness cop should be charged ..under RICO, with executor charged with 1st degree murder.

Old 08-24-2014, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Like most professions, I believe the majority are good, but in other professions, there is no or less of a Blue Wall where good shields bad. I graduated with an accouting degree, and I LOVED seeing Arthur Andersen essentially go bankrupt (it exists in nominal way). It deserved that fate, enabling the Enrons of the world! I want all professions policed!

When good shields bad, good becomes bad. I see little difference for example, b/w a cop who executes someone when alternatives exist (Not necessarily inferring it in this case) and a witness cop NOT reporting it!! IMO, witness cop should be charged ..under RICO, with executor charged with 1st degree murder.
Well, let me make this very clear here. I have no experiences with cops. This is why I will refrain from judging them. However this much I do know

The price for being a “rat” is enormous. It’s not like other jobs where you may even be rewarded for reporting a substandard colleague. In policing, a “rat” is a pariah for the rest of his or her career, subjected to ongoing hatred and harassment. Reporting a “bad cop” means the end of ones career, and often more than that. There have been a few who did it anyway and paid the price, but not many and for good reason.

Do I believe good cops should report the bad ones? Of course I do. Do I blame them if the don't? No I won't see bolded reasons.

I am a morally flawed human beings just like everybody else. So I can certain understand WHY SOME good cops don't report the bad apples.

I won't blame the cops, I blame the system. It has to be systemic and it has to start at the top, beginning by “turning in” bad attitudes, bad policies, and bad procedures that have hurt the country. Demonizing the whole law enforcement, demonizing every single police officer is certainly not the solution.

Of course this is NOT an excuse, but I can understand why some good cops don't do the reporting.

Old 08-24-2014, 10:23 AM

Quote:

There are no good cops, they all support a system which opresses the people and ignore the oath they swore to the people and to themselves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post

well, you might want to re-read op then. He/she believes ALL cops are bad, and there are NO good ones left. This is exactly why I said what I said.

If his thread is about "Let's address the issues of police brutality" "Let's talk about why good cops don't report the bad ones." Then my answer will be entirely different.

Old 08-24-2014, 10:35 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Quote:
You quoted me first DUH Who is desperate? I don't care what these cops do. I just don't believe they are all bad.
Based on the syntax of sentence #1, I'm going to assume that this is a case of PUI.

I quoted you and responded to you. If you want to respond back, respond to my point, not the OP's. Your other option would be to just skedaddle like all the other libs on this board do.

Old 08-24-2014, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Based on the syntax of sentence #1, I'm going to assume that this is a case of PUI.

I quoted you and responded to you. If you want to respond back, respond to my point, not the OP's. Your other option would be to just skedaddle like all the other libs on this board do.
LOL I am not even a lib. A twenty something Libertarian Republican is what I would describe myself. hahahahhaha

I certainly am not a conservative lol

Old 08-24-2014, 10:47 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Quote:
LOL I am not even a lib. A twenty something Libertarian Republican is what I would describe myself. hahahahhaha

I certainly am not a conservative lol
OK, sorry for having miscategorized you. Are you by chance an avid supporter of pot legalization? Just curious....

Old 08-24-2014, 10:52 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,288,689 times
Quote:
You mean like you?

"ALL cops are bad, there are NO good cops left." Like this is your way to address the issue and solve the problem?

Demonize the whole group? LOL
At the point where the people understand that under the current system it is impossible for any law enforcement officer to do the job without being part of the corruption, then the importance of changing the system becomes clear. Every problem contains a lie, when you remove the lie, the solution to the problem is then obvious. That is the beauty of logic.

Old 08-24-2014, 10:56 AM

Quote:
At the point where the people understand that under the current system it is impossible for any law enforcement officer to do the job without being part of the corruption, then the importance of changing the system becomes clear. Every problem contains a lie, when you remove the lie, the solution to the problem is then obvious. That is the beauty of logic.
This I would agree with. Change should come from the top.

Old 08-24-2014, 11:01 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,288,689 times
Quote:
The officers in my neighborhood are all outstanding as well.
Yet Another Ex-Newport Beach Police Officer Slams Department For Excessive Corruption | OC Weekly

Newport Beach Police Department Management Is a Cesspool of Adultery, Lies & Retaliation Against Honest Officers, Lawsuit States | OC Weekly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies