Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2014, 05:27 AM

37,170 posts, read 19,262,442 times

Advertisements

A short, not-so-sweet, and brutal practical demonstration of how race changes the perceptions of a lot of people. Could it happen like this where you live? Does it?

How would you view the same scene if you passed someone trying to break into a car? This video was made in Los Angeles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rU8TjrILcdU
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2014, 04:13 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,466,179 times
Are you freaking kidding me. I don't care what city these scenes can be seen in. I am a car fanatic and love my cars, and if I see anyone trying to break into someone else car, I would be on my phone in a heartbeat. Do not care if the person breaking into the car is white either, no free passes heres.

White or black does not matter, if your a freaking thief, I am on the phone with the POLICE. And I would not be a passer by, I know myself, and would ask this little twirp, what the hell he is doing.

I am embarrassed that these idiots who passed by, did not open up their traps, that is just wrong. Maybe a lot of people see color different then I do. That was just wrong. If your going to arrest the black guy, the little twirp white guy should be arrested also.

I know this was just for stage purposes, but these are the sort of incidents, I understand can really upset some black people, and I totally understand. People need to get over the color issue, and see people for who they are inside, not their physical appearance. People need to be judged by their actions, not by their color.

Last edited by california-jewel; 08-23-2014 at 04:22 PM..

Old 08-23-2014, 04:25 PM

38 posts, read 37,947 times
I keep telling people that the largest number of shoplifting and car thief's are white people, because race bias is so strong in this country that anyone black is considered suspect until proven innocent, its the other way around for white people. These are facts and not just in these genres of society. Did you know that the most successful burglar was a white female in Miami? The reason she was so successful was because she wore a business suit to commit her crimes. She stated that in some cases while she was breaking in.. Neighbor's would tell her where the spear keys were hidden. This video does not surprise me, but what really pissed me off were the angry looks on all the faces of the people that were watching the black guy pull the same stunt. It's like... Where was the angry faces towards the white guy doing the exact same thing prior?

Last edited by Live0101; 08-23-2014 at 04:26 PM.. Reason: misspelling

Old 08-23-2014, 04:29 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,118,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live0101 View Post
I keep telling people that the largest number of shoplifting and car thief's are white people,
I don't know what the statistics are for those crimes but there is a distinct difference between totals and rates. You need to look at rates, you can't use totals becsue of the large population difference.

Old 08-24-2014, 03:58 AM

37,170 posts, read 19,262,442 times
It isn't isolated. Here's another example:

Racial Stereotyping: You see a black guy, white guy, pretty girl committing a crime. What you do? - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies