Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2014, 07:20 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,205,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
It's always been a mystery that these rioters destroy their own neighborhoods ....
Tenants?

Old 08-24-2014, 07:24 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Let them burn their community in to the ground, what do I care?

Old 08-24-2014, 07:24 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,834,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
It's always been a mystery that these rioters destroy their own neighborhoods and then incessantly whine about it, while blaming everyone else but themselves.
And 'sometimes' they travel in packs to destroy neighborhoods where they don't live!

Old 08-24-2014, 07:26 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times
These same people will complain five years from now about how the businesses left and there are no opportunities in their community.

Old 08-24-2014, 07:29 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,745,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Idiots. Let them sit in a burned out wreck of a community that that they made themselves.
Exactly.

What is wrong with these idiots that they can not see the long view? What business owner would possibly be interested in rebuilding in those areas?

Speaking as someone who's been a small business owner for 20+ years, I would NOT rebuild in that community, for practical reasons, financial reasons and also just because I wouldn't want to take a chance that my life's work could be burned too the ground a second time. And maybe it'd help teach those looters a lesson.

But I doubt it.

Old 08-24-2014, 07:31 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,745,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Let them burn their community in to the ground, what do I care?
Yeah, except that OUR taxpayer dollars will go to rebuilding it.

If I were queen of the world (and it shouldn't be long now), I'd *refuse* to investigate anything as a result of, or in response, to looting and stealing.

It's like giving into a toddler's temper tantrum, but on a much, much larger scale.

Old 08-24-2014, 07:34 PM

4,677 posts, read 5,768,085 times
As someone from this region...
the people burning, looting, rioting are not from Ferguson.
They are from nearby communities to the south and east that are far worse off than Ferguson. Less than 10% of the arrests have been people from Ferguson. So, they can easily talk about destroying Ferguson, because Ferguson is not where they live.

Ferguson is a mostly middle class city with one Section 8 apartment complex, which is where the shooting happened.
The protests are happening away from the site of the shooting, in one of the three main business districts.

Old 08-24-2014, 07:37 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
As someone from this region...
the people burning, looting, rioting are not from Ferguson.
They are from nearby communities to the south and east that are far worse off than Ferguson. Less than 10% of the arrests have been people from Ferguson. So, they can easily talk about destroying Ferguson, because Ferguson is not where they live.

Ferguson is a mostly middle class city with one Section 8 apartment complex, which is where the shooting happened.
The protests are happening away from the site of the shooting, in one of the three main business districts.
That's a good point and something that doesn't get reported enough - at all.

Old 08-24-2014, 07:37 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,590,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosemaryT View Post
Exactly.

What is wrong with these idiots that they can not see the long view? What business owner would possibly be interested in rebuilding in those areas?

Speaking as someone who's been a small business owner for 20+ years, I would NOT rebuild in that community, for practical reasons, financial reasons and also just because I wouldn't want to take a chance that my life's work could be burned too the ground a second time. And maybe it'd help teach those looters a lesson.

But I doubt it.
what would be the biggest mistake is if a business re-opened, and the owner gets shot this time. It almost happened to the son of the owner of one of the stores. he said if he had not closed shop 10 minutes sooner, he would have been shot. this was the guy on the video surveillance that you see the looter shooting the door, and you next see the looters climbing over the counter robbing him.

so you think they want to risk getting shot? i woudln't.

Old 08-24-2014, 07:42 PM

19 posts, read 33,009 times
Why don't successful blacks rebuild if they care so much about the black community. Oprah, black athletes, musicians, actors and businessmen should be at the forefront of helping black communities. They don't care they just like to talk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies