Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 01:03 AM

41,111 posts, read 25,704,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
And yet, if there is an epidemic of unemployed heroin users on Long Island, one of the whitest, most affluent places in the country, this is how things work.

Long Island Heroin Addiction Problem Continues to Grow | Michael's House
And yes it's the Polices job it is to look for people breaking laws, you describe that as targeting. They get arrested but don't make a big stink about it like blacks do. It's like you think blacks should be given a pass. In that case, you think it's targeting. So they should get away with it since they are black. <shaking head>
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2014, 01:06 AM

30,273 posts, read 19,074,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
First I am white. My Daddy told me at an early age to do what the police ask you to do and say yes sir or no sir.
Lipping off to the police can only cause you grief.
Me too. About 80% of cops are arrogant pricks and it doesn't go well when you challenge them.

Old 08-25-2014, 01:27 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,427,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
And yes it's the Polices job it is to look for people breaking laws, you describe that as targeting. They get arrested but don't make a big stink about it like blacks do. It's like you think blacks should be given a pass. In that case, you think it's targeting. So they should get away with it since they are black. <shaking head>
So why aren't they pulling over all the teenage to 20 something kids(and I guarantee they will be called kids if they are arrested.....good kids at that) who are the population involved in this heroin epidemic on Long Island?

They are not going to profile and stop white kids because the white population on Long Island would not tolerate their kids being treated like that. Especially if there were the inevitable beatings or shootings when some rich white kid high or not decided to get mouthy or made the wrong move.

Don't put words in my mouth. I didn't say any of the things you said I did. I'm just pointing out to you that affluent unemployed drug using white people are treated differently than unemployed drug using black people. Why is that?

Old 08-25-2014, 02:36 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,544,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
It's amazing how people don't realize that this is a sarcastic comedy bit.

Old 08-25-2014, 03:14 AM

7,183 posts, read 4,759,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
I am not disagreeing with the notion of do what the police say. However, a lot of white folks aren't grasping that the police systematically **** on the rights of black men.
The rights of black men? Are you kidding me? Black men have the same rights as everybody else.

If you rob a store, somebody is going to call the police. If the police catch you, you'll be arrested. If you escape custody and fight the policeman, you are not going to end up well.

What part of "DO NOT break the law" is so hard to understand?

Where do you put "a black man's rights" when a black man shoots another black man? Where are the protesters and the looters then?

The biggest enemy the black community has is black on black crime. Oh, but that's OK, huh? Nobody wants to talk about that on national TV. There I said it.

Fifty years have gone by since the civil rights act, a black president on his second term in the White House and the black community is still talking victimhood. They continue to show their behinds and the media is clamoring for "empathy".

Since the media won't tell us the other side of the story, I have to speculate. Here it is: Michael Brown was a pot fiend who stole $50.00 worth of Swisher Sweets to make some blunts. He was unarmed but decided to fight an armed policeman. (How on earth he managed to sustain life unassisted for 18 yrs is beyond me). So, Michael Brown got shot and he lost. Protests, rioting, looting and generalized whining ensue. For two weeks the pathetic media is requesting our empathy.

NOW, picture this: Michael Brown "buys" some weed from a black drug dealer but since he's "big Mike" he's not going to pay $hit. Drug dealer disagrees and empties his .45 caliber Glock into Michael Brown. Bystanders claim they did not see nor hear anything. Neighbors don't know $hit. The parents are MUTE. NOBODY gives any info to the police. The media doesn't run the "incident" for 2 weeks. The drug dealer is sacrosanct.

A black man's rights? Please.

Old 08-25-2014, 04:12 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,621,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
High unemployment (people with too much time), welfare, victimhood, fatherless families, drugs, lack of respect for other people's property and the law, entitlement mentality.

Stealing and intimidate business owners (snitches get stitches). Plenty of drugs in area's of high unemployment.. Some selling, establishing and protecting their territory, others, their customers, are stoned and always looking for the next fix. How do they pay for it? Stealing.

Police who's job it is to look for people breaking laws. The trouble makers never blame themselves and claim they are being targeted attributing it to their skin color instead of being honest with themselves by admitting it's because they are breaking the law.. Of course people who are breaking the law are targeted by police.. they're breaking the law. It's common sense.

Business owners don't want to set up in these area's leading to more unemployment. So essentially government has helped create the problem too, welfare, anti-business policies and the war on drugs.
I'm still asking why law abiding blacks are harassed by police.

*crickets*

Old 08-25-2014, 05:19 AM

23,512 posts, read 17,185,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
this^^ lots of white folks just "don't get" that there is heavy discrimination of young black men in general.
Been slammed around by the cops and held at gun point, stopped many times on the road and got the few tickets tossed because of flimsy charges.... not black. Not to say that in high crime areas black guys would get more scrutiny because of what the statistics say. Got to be cool around cops and deal with the problem legally afterward, if called for.

Like the charge against the cops stopping black men because of their statistical reputation and media coverage, the same charge might be leveled against some black men for their view of the police. If you look for it you will definitely find it.

You have to be smarter than the person confronting you..... it is Darwinian.

Old 08-25-2014, 05:27 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,034,102 times
We, as white people, also tell our children to be respectful to police officers.....especially black officers due to living in a major city.

We also have the added bonus of warning our children to stay away from certain neighborhoods at all costs, to stay away from groups of black teens, lock your car doors at all times, watch your belongings at all times while in the city, etc, etc.

Not because we're "racists", but because we're realists.

Old 08-25-2014, 05:33 AM

112 posts, read 131,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
this^^ lots of white folks just "don't get" that there is heavy discrimination of young black men in general.
I do not understand why so many black men routinely fight the officers, when clearly the officers have the upper hand. In my opinion, it's best to fight them in court, not on the street corner.

Old 08-25-2014, 05:49 AM

58,905 posts, read 27,219,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
I am not disagreeing with the notion of do what the police say. However, a lot of white folks aren't grasping that the police systematically **** on the rights of black men.
If you dress like a hoodlum and act like a hoodlum, you should be treated like a hoodlum.

If you show the police with respect, they will treat you in kind.

The opposite is also true.

Some of these black boys, I use boys because they haven't matured into being a man yet, don't repect themselves or any one else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies