Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 02:59 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times

Advertisements

First of all: How are you going to bomb people into the stone age when they are mostly already there but with satellite phones?

Second: A "Forever War" that produces more fanatic terrorists then it kills is a very good deal for the people funding and supplying the "Good Guys (US)". A lot more people are getting rich off this war than are dying of it. Besides the people doing the dying are not the people making the money and as the money makers are making the decisions they simply don't care as none of "theirs" will be at risk.

IMHO - We should remove our army, our diplomats and as many of our (our being American and European including Russian) citizens as want to leave from the entire area from Libya to Lebanon and east to Afghanistan and Pakistan. We may leave behind provocateurs to inflame regional, cultural and religious differences while selling, not giving, small arms to everyone. After a while, at least a few generations, of this fratricide the survivors might be willing to join the 22nd Century. Maybe but maybe not as fratricide describes the situation in the region for the last millennia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2014, 09:09 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,874,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
Even the Democrats are asking the same questions. His lack of engagement is going to weigh upon the minds of the informed voter in November's elections and the Democrats know it.
I hope you're right.

Old 08-26-2014, 08:19 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hittheroadjack View Post
I came across this, and I wanted to share it with you. Do you agree with her rhetoric?

Judge Jeanine to Obama: If Your Goal Isn
Rhetoric, and no I do not agree with mindless rhetoric being pushed as some sort of truth.

Old 08-26-2014, 08:20 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
So, in other words, you WANT Obama to be as much of a warmonger as hus predecessor was. I wish the conservatives would make up their freaking minds.
Killing terrorists should be a no-brainer.

Old 08-26-2014, 08:20 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Until someone with some balls will stand up to petty terrorists, this will continue.

So liberals can continue to fund the golf trips.

I want terrorists dead by whatever means we have out our disposal.
Sign up or simply jump on a planes and go join a group fighting them. Or are you another one of those right-wing couch warriors?

Old 08-26-2014, 10:16 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,109,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Killing terrorists should be a no-brainer.
I thought the airstrikes he ordered was doing that nicely.

Again, you want us to put boots on the ground? Then don't whine about the POTUS being a war monger.

If you don't want him to put boots on the ground? Then don't whine about the POTUS being a wimp.

The guy before him set this whole crappy scenario up be taking away the only barrier to civil war and insurgency in Iraq, and installing a government who is either unwilling or unable to keep peace in their own country. To put it in simple terms, you broke it, you bought it.

That should be a no-brainer.

Unfortunately, whatever the POTUS does the right wing will knee-jerk a negative response. So foam and froth away, and arm chair quarterback everything they guy does.

I don't see anybody calling for war rushing to the recruiting office to "join up". It's a lot easier when someone else does it, I guess. It's sooo easy to rattle the old saber and call for war when somebody else, or somebody elses kid does the bleeding and dying for you.

Oh, and who the hell is Judge Jeanine? The new RWNJ mouthpiece?

Last edited by carterstamp; 08-26-2014 at 10:35 AM..

Old 08-26-2014, 10:31 AM

1,806 posts, read 1,737,489 times
Quote:
I came across this, and I wanted to share it with you. Do you agree with her rhetoric?

Judge Jeanine to Obama: If Your Goal Isn
What are your ideas? Why are you posting those of others?

Old 08-26-2014, 02:54 PM

749 posts, read 920,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Should the president respond with the nation's blood to every tinpot provocation in just the way the tinpot desires? There is a real problem when any president now or in the future is expected to react immediately--and to announce it to all--to everything that pops up in the media.
BUT HE HAS, he took sides with the Central Florida issue, and he has taken sides with the New York City one.......

Old 08-26-2014, 02:59 PM

749 posts, read 920,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
I thought the airstrikes he ordered was doing that nicely.

Again, you want us to put boots on the ground? Then don't whine about the POTUS being a war monger.

If you don't want him to put boots on the ground? Then don't whine about the POTUS being a wimp.

The guy before him set this whole crappy scenario up be taking away the only barrier to civil war and insurgency in Iraq, and installing a government who is either unwilling or unable to keep peace in their own country. To put it in simple terms, you broke it, you bought it.

That should be a no-brainer.

Unfortunately, whatever the POTUS does the right wing will knee-jerk a negative response. So foam and froth away, and arm chair quarterback everything they guy does.

I don't see anybody calling for war rushing to the recruiting office to "join up". It's a lot easier when someone else does it, I guess. It's sooo easy to rattle the old saber and call for war when somebody else, or somebody elses kid does the bleeding and dying for you.

Oh, and who the hell is Judge Jeanine? The new RWNJ mouthpiece?

Judge Jeanine Pirro, has been a TOP NEW YORK CITY PROSECUTOR for many years, who now has her own television show......and commands lots of followers because she says it, like it is.........

Old 08-26-2014, 03:21 PM

28,666 posts, read 18,784,602 times
Quote:
BUT HE HAS, he took sides with the Central Florida issue, and he has taken sides with the New York City one.......
And that is a real problem. You proved my point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies