Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 09:04 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times

Advertisements

GREAT CAESERS GHOST!!!!!!!!

Let all convicts sleep on the ground.

Oregon inmate claims prison bunk beds are dangerous, tore his knee, seeks $49,000 | OregonLive.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2014, 09:04 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
GREAT CAESERS GHOST!!!!!!!!

Let all convicts sleep on the ground.

Oregon inmate claims prison bunk beds are dangerous, tore his knee, seeks $49,000 | OregonLive.com
We aren't animals, they are. Treat them with some human dignity. Many people in prison did nothing to hurt no thing, or no one.

If the beds are dangerous enough to hurt inmates, then let a judge and jury decide. Ain't our legal system grand?

Old 08-26-2014, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
We aren't animals, they are. Treat them with some human dignity. Many people in prison did nothing to hurt no thing, or no one.

If the beds are dangerous enough to hurt inmates, then let a judge and jury decide. Ain't our legal system grand?
Bull. They are the dregs of society. Why coddle them?

They did the crime, they can do the time and the more unpleasant the better.

Old 08-26-2014, 09:16 AM

Quote:

Because we aren't animals. Its not about coddling them. I agree there shouldn't be TV's and crap in prison, but a bed, where you can get in and out of it without cutting your leg open? Yeah, I'd say thats the least we can do as humans for another human.

Love thy brother as you would love thyself. To err is human, to forgive, is divine.

Old 08-26-2014, 09:17 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,171,657 times
The only thing "dangerous" about a prison bed is the other inmate that wants to share it with you against your will.

Old 08-26-2014, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Because we aren't animals. Its not about coddling them. I agree there shouldn't be TV's and crap in prison, but a bed, where you can get in and out of it without cutting your leg open? Yeah, I'd say thats the least we can do as humans for another human.

Love thy brother as you would love thyself. To err is human, to forgive, is divine.

Once they have paid their debt to society, I will forgive them. Until then, make prison so unspeakably bad that they don't want to return.

Old 08-26-2014, 09:20 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:

Depends on the crime now doesn't it? Murderers, rapists, pedophiles, and other heinous crimes, well I don't have much sympathy. Non-violent drug offenders? Not so much. In fact they shouldn't even be mixed with violent criminals.

Old 08-26-2014, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Once they have paid their debt to society, I will forgive them. Until then, make prison so unspeakably bad that they don't want to return.
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for punishment for crimes.

Bring back the chain gangs, work them 12 hours a day every day, contract them out as labor to businesses in the area. Instead of hiring mexican migrant workers, hire 20 prisoners. All you have to do is feed them and maintain their position. We have GPS tracking tags we can put on them also.

But when it comes to a bed, it should be safe. It may very well be, the inmate and his lawyer may have a lawsuit that isn't worth anything. But then again, it might be that the beds are dangerous. Thats not up to you or me to decide.

I don't mind giving an inmate a safe bed and three meals a day. I do have a problem with people saying "well screw them, they all deserve it"

Remember, we have even executed innocent men. How many innocent people are in prison? You want to treat all of them like crap too?

Old 08-26-2014, 09:34 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for punishment for crimes.

Bring back the chain gangs, work them 12 hours a day every day, contract them out as labor to businesses in the area. Instead of hiring mexican migrant workers, hire 20 prisoners. All you have to do is feed them and maintain their position. We have GPS tracking tags we can put on them also.

But when it comes to a bed, it should be safe. It may very well be, the inmate and his lawyer may have a lawsuit that isn't worth anything. But then again, it might be that the beds are dangerous. Thats not up to you or me to decide.

I don't mind giving an inmate a safe bed and three meals a day. I do have a problem with people saying "well screw them, they all deserve it"

Remember, we have even executed innocent men. How many innocent people are in prison? You want to treat all of them like crap too?

Makes sense.

Old 08-26-2014, 09:41 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,459,658 times
Why put them in prison at all if you are going to violate the constitutions clause on cruelty?

I also don't see how it helps the tax payer to have inmates in dangerous situations where they get hurt, no matter the crime or sentence, where we need to take care of them in prison...and even possibly cannot work after their release so we need to take care of them then as well. It's not that you commit a crime, any crime at all, and instantly you are now treated worse than we treat animals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies