Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2014, 03:03 PM

4,677 posts, read 5,767,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
This is from growing up on the other side and knowing how the other side operates.

I know all about the good ole boy system. The "affluenza." The, "he was a good kid" etc etc

This comes from personal experience, research and talking to my peers.
You mean like the famous Eric Shaw shooting in Iowa City?

That meets every part of what you just defined. Upper middle class neighborhood, white victim, powerful and wealthy parents, multiple witnesses. Heck, the guy was shot in his own business while he was on the phone.

And the officer was never tried, much less tried in under 2 months like you claim would happen. In fact, there was never even a grand jury investigation.
Maybe you need to expand your personal experience.

Old 09-08-2014, 03:11 PM

19,838 posts, read 12,099,283 times
Quote:
The assumption that an officer's side is always truth is however.

And you all are part of it.

No one is saying Wilson is absolutely guilty of murder. At least not to my knowledge.

The thug could be Wilson in this case. We don't know the facts. We want to know the facts. We have the witnesses.
Boy do you ever have a short memory. People were saying he executed Brown. In fact, I'm pretty sure you used that word.

They weren't asking for a trial, they were asking for the death penalty - from the very beginning. Knee jerk reaction.

Old 09-08-2014, 04:29 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,126,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Boy do you ever have a short memory. People were saying he executed Brown. In fact, I'm pretty sure you used that word.

They weren't asking for a trial, they were asking for the death penalty - from the very beginning. Knee jerk reaction.
You are correct in saying that it was said that Wilson executed Brown. I've used that term as well.

When describing a target already hit described and surrendering. I'd call that an execution. By definition.

I'm sorry that term offends you.

Saying that your 100% sure that it happened, and that there's a strong reason to believe that it happened is two different things.

Old 09-08-2014, 04:38 PM

19,838 posts, read 12,099,283 times
Quote:
You are correct in saying that it was said that Wilson executed Brown. I've used that term as well.

When describing a target already hit described and surrendering. I'd call that an execution. By definition.

I'm sorry that term offends you.

Saying that your 100% sure that it happened, and that there's a strong reason to believe that it happened is two different things.
Stop playing games. It does not "offend" me. People are calling you out on your lies and you try to deflect when caught.

Old 09-08-2014, 05:02 PM

24,404 posts, read 23,061,247 times
Supporting Obama IS supporting a police state. So don't expect much of a political movement from that quarter. Looting and rioting and street violence isn't a political movement, either.

Old 09-08-2014, 07:13 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
Quote:
The assumption that an officer's side is always truth is however.

And you all are part of it.

No one is saying Wilson is absolutely guilty of murder. At least not to my knowledge.

The thug could be Wilson in this case. We don't know the facts. We want to know the facts. We have the witnesses.
About the "witnesses"......did you hear one or, two say "he shot that dude for no reason"???

They really can not use that.

It will be very easy to do the cross on that kind of statement.

How did they know at the time what Brown did or, did not do???

He could have killed someone......those people did not know what he did.

They would look foolish on the stand.

From the videos I heard.....there is not much there that can be used.

Old 09-08-2014, 08:02 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,650,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
About the "witnesses"......did you hear one or, two say "he shot that dude for no reason"???

They really can not use that.

It will be very easy to do the cross on that kind of statement.

How did they know at the time what Brown did or, did not do???

He could have killed someone......those people did not know what he did.

They would look foolish on the stand.

From the videos I heard.....there is not much there that can be used.
Why would they look foolish? They are eye witnesses... lol

All they can talk about on the stand is what their eyes witnessed.

Its foolish to think these eye witnesses can only testify if they saw the past and the future

Old 09-09-2014, 12:19 AM

794 posts, read 818,788 times
Time to unpin this thread, it's old news and it's clearly over.

Old 09-09-2014, 04:44 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,126,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Maryland View Post
Just skip it.

We still have an upcoming announcement about if the officer will be indicted or not. Then we have the aftermath of that decision.

Old 09-09-2014, 05:00 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Maryland View Post
Well, what do you know

New witness to Michael Brown

The witness is one of few known witnesses who didn't know Brown, live in the area, or have family there. He said the teen was chased, shot at, and then killed while holding his hands in the air.

The witness said Brown was shot three times before he began to drop his arms and move toward Wilson. He said the teen managed to get about 25 feet toward the officer.

"I don't know if he was going after him or if he was falling down to die," he told the paper. "It wasn't a bull-rush."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies