Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 01:16 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,601,431 times

Advertisements

From my understanding, Ferguson has a majority population of black citizens. It sounds like they need to vote in a mayor that will reign in this department if police racism is such an issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2014, 01:31 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,262,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Based on the article, the incident didn't even happen with the Ferguson police. The officer was working for another town at the time.

Wilson must be squeaky clean. The media is so desperate we are getting reports of his mom, who died more than a decade ago, his previous dept, where he had a clean record, and his fellow officers' records from their previous employments.
All of that is apparently considered relevant to the shooting. But the robbery committed by Brown 10 minutes earlier is completely irrelevant and a character assignation
I don't see any way that the Ferguson Police Department can continue with all these attacks against them. They need to just dissolve it and turn the entire thing over the St Louis County. There is a Target on the backs of each and every officer in the Ferguson Police Department at this point. The Missouri Governor, the Missouri politicians, the DOJ, the US Attorney General, the NAACP and the citizens of Ferguson have all made it clear that they have no Trust in the Department and no Respect for the Department. IF I were a police officer with the Ferguson Police Department, I would have been shopping my resume a week ago ... and I'm betting a lot of them are doing exactly that.

Shut it down. Put St Louis County in charge.

Old 08-25-2014, 02:56 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,876,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
As Wilson did not know anything about any robbery, fact remains that he had no reason to confront Brown.
He had every reason to confront Brown who was walking down the middle of the street interfering with traffic, displaying the same attitude that resulted in his demise...
If Brown hadn't committed a strong armed robbery and assaulted a clerk, then failed to obey the officer who asked them to move to the sidewalk, you would be having lunch with him today...
His attitude was quite costly...

Old 08-25-2014, 02:57 PM

The article is nothing more than a Huff post fluff article attempting to make the department look bad. It really makes the reported look bad..

Old 08-25-2014, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
But I'm sure he brought his attitudes with him to Ferguson.
I assume you're referring to the fact he was correct in his actions in both of these cases...

Old 08-26-2014, 02:32 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,474,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
ASSUMING it was a bad shoot.
It was obviously the spark that started the inferno, whether it turns out Wilson was justified or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies