Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 10:51 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,249,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
The things people make up. He never changed his opinion. He always said he wouldn't take going after ISIS off the table. When America gets attacked or threatened America defends itself. He also said he'd work with Assad and Iran in getting ISIS.

Rand Paul Wants to Team Up With Assad and Iran to Stop ISIS - The Daily Beast

Apparently some disagree.

Will the Real Rand Paul Please Stand Up? - Rick Santorum - POLITICO Magazine

“Epic flip-flop”: Now Rand Paul is trying to deny he’s an isolationist & assert he would be tougher on ISIS than the President. Unbelievable. This is the GOP frontrunner for 2016? | Joel C. Rosenberg's Blog
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2014, 10:56 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,294,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Paul makes a interesting point that Hillary will be on the side of neo con warmongers while he will have mostly a non interventionist foreign policy. Paul could be right that his message could win over Independents and some {D}s that are tired of war and being bogged down in the ME.

Rand Paul: Dems afraid I'll run in 2016 - POLITICO.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opNe...ature=youtu.be
All of this rhetoric by Paul, just so he can be the next a conservative presidential nominee to lose in 2016.

Rand Paul will never be president.

Old 09-10-2014, 11:04 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,015,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Which POV? The one before the flip-flop, or the one after it.
“The military means to achieve these goals include air strikes against ISIS targets in Iraq and Syria,”

or this one, which I agree:

“Should not the Shiites, the Maliki government, should they not stand up?” he asked in the June 22 interview. “And, if they’re ripping their uniforms off and fleeing, if they don’t think Mosul is worth saving, how am I going to convince my son or your son to die for Mosul?”

He added, “Yes, we should prevent them from exporting terror; but, I’m not so sure where the clear-cut, American interest is.”

Old 09-10-2014, 03:09 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
All of this rhetoric by Paul, just so he can be the next a conservative presidential nominee to lose in 2016.

Rand Paul will never be president.
It worked for Obama.

Old 09-10-2014, 03:14 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,015,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It worked for Obama.
That it did....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies