Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 08:31 PM

30 posts, read 53,622 times

Advertisements

When a huge black punk robs a store, roughs up the small, aged clerk, walks down the middle of a city street blocking traffic, gets into a violent altercation with a cop that gets him shot dead, what do you call him?

A national Hero, fawned over by presidents.

Yeah something has gone horribly wrong, and not just Blacks.

Old 08-26-2014, 08:43 PM

13,742 posts, read 7,999,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
With many of the current negative attitudes of the black citizens of this country, I am very reluctant to live in a diverse neighborhood. I am apprehensive that some of this hate will be taken out on people they perceive to be their enemy, and it makes me not wish to go there even to shop or eat. its pretty scary whats happening and the talk im hearing. I dont feel very safe or comfortable hearing this.

I understand how the PC party line is often needed to get along especially in cities like San Francisco.

However, my feeling is even in a hard-core liberal city like SF many (non-AA) who saw the store video clip just aren't very sympathetic to what's going on now.

They have run across such AA teen thugs over the years and they know MB was bad news.

They'll just be careful not to say so in public. (Which is actually smart given how ugly this has gotten.)

Last edited by john3232; 08-26-2014 at 08:55 PM..

Old 08-26-2014, 08:46 PM

29 posts, read 20,300 times
Chance and Change says:
Whites won't look at themselves and the vast spectrum of vile natured people among their ethnic group
The first half of your comment I thought was reasonable. However you do realize no other culture in history tore their culture apart to end slavery and in the process killed half million of their own to do so.
Also look at who the slave collectors and slave sellers were. One were the dominate black tribal groups riding themselves of their rivals and the other were Arabs, who to this day still practice slavery.
And your biased statement as if the Caucasian race is somehow more vile than others is bs. What other group in history gives more to charity, art, protects the rights of minorities, animals etc tha the Western culture? Even the liberal G. Bush gave, what 15 billion to help the HIV infected in Africa, it is absolutely anti human to bash the west. Who or what other culture gave some much to receive such disdain?

Old 08-26-2014, 09:07 PM

8,982 posts, read 21,169,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
With many of the current negative attitudes of the black citizens of this country, I am very reluctant to live in a diverse neighborhood. I am apprehensive that some of this hate will be taken out on people they perceive to be their enemy, and it makes me not wish to go there even to shop or eat. its pretty scary whats happening and the talk im hearing. I dont feel very safe or comfortable hearing this. I kinda want to keep to myself and my familiar surroundings. I am not sure whats going to happen when Officer Wilson is aquitted. In the meantime when i do see a black person, in the elevator or whererever, i remember that feelings are sensitive, and i try to be kind to every one i see. Hoping to spread some peace rather than hate.
You should not have a problem in (admittedly rare) middle-to-upper class majority-Black neighborhoods let alone where Blacks make up a significant plurality. If you're from Chicago, then I imagine you're familiar with such suburbs to the south which tend to be a different experience than much of the city proper's South Side.

Having a regular casual conversation with a Black person is not going to put you at risk. Bringing up Ferguson off the cuff may have some put their guard up, depending on how you approach the topic. But I think you would survive intact.

If the Ferguson Officer is acquitted, I may not want to be in Ferguson or some other parts of the St. Louis metro immediately afterward but the reaction in Chicago and elsewhere - and possibly St. Louis/Ferguson itself - is likely to consist of more of the protest marches that have been happening nationwide since the incident.

Old 08-26-2014, 09:10 PM

16,600 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
Seriously??!

The races will have a better chance at equality when the older generation of White people around in the 60s die off.

You may be great people in many other ways, but even my kind grandfather died a racist.

Wow, talk about a lack of respect for the older generation. Most societies cherish their elders. Just because older people have views that are not PC in todays society does not mean they are wrong. Keep in mind that if they say to stay out of black areas of town, that may be considered racist to a young naïve liberal. However it might also be advice that will save their lives.

Also why mention older white people, but not mention other racial groups for their supposedly outdated thinking? Most older people of different races what their children and grandchildren to date and marry within their own race. That is not a racist point of view, yet todays liberals would argue that it is.

Also, explain to me how older white people dying is going to "make races have more equality"?

Lastly, many of the whites from the 60's and not that old (say 40-50's) and more of them are liberal than you might think. Don't forget that they came from a permissive generation and fought for the end of segregation.
I just find it funny how naïve and un-educated so many people can be about our history when making such comments as if all older people are racist.

Old 08-26-2014, 09:20 PM

29 posts, read 20,300 times
Debliah said;I didn't know rhetoric like this is found outside standalone hate sites.
Calling certain human groups animals is wrong, saying a segment of their population acts like animals can be a debatable comment. If one takes the USA and observes that perhaps 3or4% account for almost half the murders( when you adjust that black juveniles commit most of the violent crimes), remember that Latino's are part of the white category for FBI statistics, and some of us think this is done to dilute the argument that some ethnic/culture groups are more violent than others. If you look at lets say Malmo, which is considered the rape capitol of the world, for its population ratio. It is, I agree to become very uncomfortable saying some cultures are more prone to disrespect, ( hate?) women, gays, minorities, more than other cultures. I believe the discomfort eventually comes down to that we, modern liberals, can't just be/do whatever we feel is good doing. Why? Because there are stronger, more robust cultures who are willing to die killing you who do not believe like them. The irony for me is that the rednecks from Alabama etc are willing to protect all those who dislike rednecks from all those willing to kill the redneck haters. Other words people of strong beliefs are willing to die for their beliefs. So do you really think the LBGT community, as an example of the liberal pinnacle of righteous morality, is willing to fight to death, to protect those Alabama boys? Now there is the conundrum...what or whom do you think protects the moral society...those willing to die AND win..

Old 08-26-2014, 09:23 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone509 View Post
You should not have a problem in (admittedly rare) middle-to-upper class majority-Black neighborhoods let alone where Blacks make up a significant plurality. If you're from Chicago, then I imagine you're familiar with such suburbs to the south which tend to be a different experience than much of the city proper's South Side.

Having a regular casual conversation with a Black person is not going to put you at risk. Bringing up Ferguson off the cuff may have some put their guard up, depending on how you approach the topic. But I think you would survive intact.

If the Ferguson Officer is acquitted, I may not want to be in Ferguson or some other parts of the St. Louis metro immediately afterward but the reaction in Chicago and elsewhere - and possibly St. Louis/Ferguson itself - is likely to consist of more of the protest marches that have been happening nationwide since the incident.
I live in a neighborhood with no racial majority, and is close to being evenly distributed. It is rought 40% white 1/3 black and tge rest asian and latino. There aren't many issues other than the regular density related ones.

Economic class matters too.

Old 08-26-2014, 09:24 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times

Closed for moderation.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies