Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 03:23 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,183,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
If you issued that edict, we probably wouldn't see companies like Burger King figuring out ways to leave the US.

Yes, I know that some people would rather Burger King leave than they pay $450 million in taxes instead of $600 million (hypothetically). It reminds me of a child that if they have to share the ice cream, they don't want any at all.
Well, now we're getting somewhere.

Finally, a winger who admits (circumlocutiously) that corporations don't want a tax cut...they want a tax abolition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2014, 03:25 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,816,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Rig elections?

Right..

What's the biggest check you've ever written to a candidate?

You don't have equal access buddy...You're just a pawn.
But if you get together with a group of like minded people you can write an even larger check.

You just don't understand how corporations work.

Old 08-26-2014, 03:28 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,183,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
But if you get together with a group of like minded people you can write an even larger check.

You just don't understand how corporations work.
SMH...what in the hell would a wage earner like you know about the intricacies of running a corporation?

Geez...watch a few hours of Fox Business, and you think you're Jack Welch.

Old 08-26-2014, 03:28 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Link?
There are no links for emotions.

Old 08-26-2014, 03:33 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,816,866 times
Quote:
SMH...what in the hell would a wage earner like you know about the intricacies of running a corporation?

Geez...watch a few hours of Fox Business, and you think you're Jack Welch.
I guess someone is having problems addressing the argument.

Old 08-26-2014, 03:35 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Well, now we're getting somewhere.

Finally, a winger who admits (circumlocutiously) that corporations don't want a tax cut...they want a tax abolition.
Of course they don't; I don't want corporations to pay taxes either.

How about this: instead of you paying your taxes to the IRS, why don't you pay them to me who then pays them to the IRS after I add in my overhead for doing this for you?

That is what happens now with this hidden tax.

If it costs a company $10 to make something and they sell it for $12, if you add a $1 tax, driving up the cost to produce the goods to $11, they are going to mark it up to $13. The company still makes its $2 profit and that tax is passed on to you when you are now paying $13 for that product.

Of course, having accounts deal with the taxes is not free. So if the company also has to pay $.10 for the costs of accounting, now your product that you would be paying $12 for is costing you $13.10. You're paying $10 for production, $2 for profit, $1 for tax and $.10 for the accounting.

Now, when most Americans go to the store, and they see what appears to be the same product on the shelf and the American made product is $13.10 and the Chinese product is $11, which do you think they'll buy in most cases?

Old 08-26-2014, 03:45 PM

7,498 posts, read 5,747,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Then I guess you could say they pay individual taxes who work for them also. Play on words. They are so high in relation to other countries because government like to spend and they rely here on top ten per cent for most of it.
Yet we still are broke and have to print money. Liberals just don't get it do they?

Old 08-26-2014, 03:50 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,731,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
One could just as mindlessly say that about property, state, sales tax and any other tax too. The nation should be run for free.
No, that would indeed be mindless and your post is childish.

Maybe you are not aware but you and I pay all corporate taxes. When McDonalds and Ford pay income taxes, they recover it in the price of their products. So consumers pay. Corporate income taxes are a politicians wet dream. They make politicians look good but do nothing for consumers.

Old 08-26-2014, 03:53 PM

Quote:
So if I can issue an edict ending corporate taxes immediately, that steak in the grocery store is gonna be cheaper on the morning?

I'm not convinced.
Yes. You are correct. I worked for several years on pricing for a corporation and can assure you that income taxes are included in the price. Eliminate those taxes and our products would be priced lower.

Old 08-26-2014, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
If it costs a company $10 to make something and they sell it for $12, if you add a $1 tax, driving up the cost to produce the goods to $11, they are going to mark it up to $13. The company still makes its $2 profit and that tax is passed on to you when you are now paying $13 for that product.
Exactly. It really is that simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies