Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2014, 02:32 PM

88,733 posts, read 44,535,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Nice to know you have a issue with income inequality.

As a FYI the income is in fact recovering fine....for those at the top.
So you agree it is a mistake to financially incentivize the over-reproduction of the welfare-dependent class.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2014, 02:34 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,645,826 times
Quote:
Wow you really are hung up on the voter id thing. what happened did some elderly person vote for a democrat in your area?

FACT: Somewhere between 43% of those receiving SNAP are working. almost 60% of those capable of working are working.....

So apparently the majority CAN in fact do these simple things you claim they can't. What they cant do is apparently make enough money.....maybe because minimum wage is too darn low?
Don't you get it? Dems, telling the world you helpless and not too smart. Aaah, the bigotry of low expectations. If it's too hard for poor folk to get a voter ID how in the hell can they apply for jobs and go to work 5 days a week. And you claim the problem is lack of opportunity. Obviously when opportunity hits them in the face it's too hard for them to take it.

As I wait for an answer I ask another, Democrats claiming it's racist to require a voting ID would make the NAACP racist. They NAACP requires an ID to attend an NAACP conference.

Last edited by petch751; 08-28-2014 at 02:43 PM..

Old 08-28-2014, 02:39 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,384,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And I disagree that the growth is only happening at the top.
Growth is happening to anyone that has money to invest.

Reread these two sentences.

Old 08-28-2014, 02:39 PM

34,274 posts, read 19,297,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
So you agree it is a mistake to financially incentivize the over-reproduction of the welfare-dependent class.
Bwahahahaha. Nice attempt to overgeneralize what I say.

Look, I deal with reality. Reality is theres some truth in what you say, but its also not that simple, and even you would probably agree with me on that. Its complex, and the devil is often in the details.

what incentivizes it? Is it: money? (laughable really given what it takes to raise children, and the time limitations for welfare), ignorance? (you know, preaching the utterly failing abstinence ideas), or?

What solutions do you have is what I like to ask folks. You tend to give some thoughtful answers occasionally, so why dont you expound on a solution to the problem? Preferably not something like "shoot them down like dogs, or let them starve".

Old 08-28-2014, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Don't you get it? Democrats are telling the world you helpless and dumb by claiming it's too hard. Aaah, the bigotry of low expectations. Yet the NAACP requires an ID to attend an NAACP conference.

Still waiting for an answer lol. If it's too hard for poor folk to get a voter ID how in the hell can they apply for jobs and go to work 5 days a week. And you claim the problem is lack of opportunity. Obviously when opportunity hits them in the face it's too hard for them to take it.
Irrelevant.

A voting restriction is a voting restriction. The very nature of such is unconstitutional. Period.

Old 08-28-2014, 02:43 PM

Quote:
What solutions do you have is what I like to ask folks. You tend to give some thoughtful answers occasionally, so why dont you expound on a solution to the problem? Preferably not something like "shoot them down like dogs, or let them starve".
Because the solution is to give raises to those working low wage jobs on welfare. They are disproportionately brown and black. "We can't let the browns and blacks have health insurance, decent wages, and a middle class lifestyle on my dime!"

Yes, this is a racial issue. Most welfare recipients are white. Most welfare recipients are either old or somewhere in appalachia.. but working class whites are fed the garbage that their hard earned tax dollars are being given to brown / blacks to take over the country. Resentment at its finest.

Old 08-28-2014, 02:45 PM

34,274 posts, read 19,297,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Don't you get it? Dems, telling the world you helpless and not too smart. Aaah, the bigotry of low expectations. If it's too hard for poor folk to get a voter ID how in the hell can they apply for jobs and go to work 5 days a week. And you claim the problem is lack of opportunity. Obviously when opportunity hits them in the face it's too hard for them to take it.

As I wait for an answer I ask another, Democrats claiming it's racist to require a voting ID would make the NAACP racist. Yet the NAACP requires an ID to attend an NAACP conference.
And why do you keep trying to go one about the naacp and racism comments, none of thats been discussed here by anyone but you. Or is that another way to yet again change the topic?

I gave you an answer, apparently almost 60% of those capable of working and on food stamps ARE working.

Do you have a issue comprehending my answer that proved its clearly not an issue for the majority? Or are you sitting there covering your eyes saying "I didn't read the response, so it doesn't exist!"?

Old 08-28-2014, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Irrelevant.

A voting restriction is a voting restriction. The very nature of such is unconstitutional. Period.
And you claim you're equal lol

Old 08-28-2014, 02:47 PM

Quote:
And why do you keep trying to go one about the naacp and racism comments, none of thats been discussed here by anyone but you. Or is that another way to yet again change the topic?

I gave you an answer, apparently almost 60% of those capable of working and on food stamps ARE working.

Do you have a issue comprehending my answer that proved its clearly not an issue for the majority? Or are you sitting there covering your eyes saying "I didn't read the response, so it doesn't exist!"?
When they grew up they wanted to be a Walmart or McD worker. Yea, Walmart, they'll be able to live the good life working at Walmart.

Think people, think... poor choices and not thinking and planning for the future lands you at Walmart and McD's

Old 08-28-2014, 02:48 PM

34,620 posts, read 21,521,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
So, I suppose you are in favor of voting precincts allowing anyone to vote? I should be able to walk into a voting place and say, "I'm here to vote" and they just provide me a ballot?

That would make for an interesting election when buses take people from voting site to voting site to stuff ballot boxes.

Yeah, that would be a great system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies