Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2014, 03:15 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
It has. I've shown you this is the case several times. As has Sanspeur. Even one of your fellow denialists has posted a citation in this very thread stating temperatures have continued to increase. Perhaps you've just forgotten that I've proven your claim false several times.
Nope. All your scientists says it has "paused".....................meaning stopped.

But nice try.

Old 08-28-2014, 03:34 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Nope. All your scientists says it has "paused".....................meaning stopped.

But nice try.
I have seen one dishonest group combine satellite temperature data and ground level weather station data, and come up with a bastardized opinion that climate temps actually have risen slightly over the past couple years.

You are correct, both NOOA and NASA say the climate warming has "paused" since 1999, and even declined in North America. No global warming has occurred, much less the catastrophic anthropogenic global warming (CAGW), but don't let that fact stop the science deniers from claiming otherwise.

Old 08-28-2014, 03:36 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,285,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post

But nice try.
Incorrect. Temperatures have continued to increase. I've proven this to be the case several times, as has Sanspeur. Even another denialist posted a reference saying such. You must not be paying attention or something.

Old 08-28-2014, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCforever View Post
It really sucks to be a Republican doesn't it. I can understand why you are so bitter. The country has rejected your party's leadership.
What leadership would that be, Boehner's and McConnell's? I reject their spineless, incoherent leadership as well.

Old 08-28-2014, 03:41 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
It really sucks to be a Republican doesn't it. I can understand why you are so bitter. The country has rejected your party's leadership.
That's the best you can come back with?

Well, of course it is, because what I wrote is true and you have no way to address it.

Old 08-28-2014, 03:44 PM

6,848 posts, read 7,993,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
What leadership would that be, Boehner's and McConnell's? I reject their spineless, incoherent leadership as well.
Great so Democrats and Republicans both agree Republicans are unfit to lead the country. That's why Hillary will win easily.

Old 08-28-2014, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Scientists don't say it stopped.
You government's climate department says so:

Why did Earth’s surface temperature stop rising in the past decade? - Climate.gov

The “pause” in global warming observed since 2000 followed a period of rapid acceleration in the late 20th century. Starting in the mid-1970s, global temperatures rose 0.5 °C over a period of 25 years. Since the turn of the century, however, the change in Earth’s global mean surface temperature has been close to zero.

Old 08-28-2014, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Great so Democrats and Republicans both agree Republicans are unfit to lead the country. That's why Hillary will win easily.
I just do not like Boehner and McConnell

BTW, Hillary is a lost cause, give it up already.

Old 08-28-2014, 03:52 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Many conservatives see that our current leaders on both sides of the aisle are failing us. They won't vote for the status quo. The same can't be said for most liberals. They vote from an emotional "my team" view and not on principle.

It's why the TEA Party has been very successful at getting rid of Republicans who play the inside the beltway games while the liberals who were upset over the Iraq war will run to the polls to elect a woman who voted for the war and "lied" to us about WMDs.

Do liberals who supposedly care about AGW ever say anything about President Obama taking two 747's, three to four heavy lift military transports and several large support/logistics aircraft to Hawaii each year so he can sit on that particular beach? NO. As long as he has that D, they'll vote for him. It doesn't matter if he increases the wiretapping or drops bombs on people in a country where we have no business. You'd throw a fit if a Republican were to do it, but you'll line up to vote for a Democrat doing it.

That is why Hillary will most likely win. Her constituents are "team" players. They would vote for Hitler if he sported a D. That's just tough to beat.

Old 08-28-2014, 03:52 PM

6,848 posts, read 7,993,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
That's the best you can come back with?

Well, of course it is, because what I wrote is true and you have no way to address it.
Isn't it enough that over two years from the election even Republicans acknowledge they have virtually no chance of winning? If for arguments sake we accept your arguments as true. Ask yourself how bad is your political party?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies