Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2014, 09:07 AM

6,848 posts, read 7,993,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Nobody is implying that climate change has stopped. That would be silly. We can't stop the climate from changing.
What we can stop is our contribution.

Old 08-31-2014, 09:09 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCforever View Post
What we can stop is our contribution.
Unless we make our living from it of course.

Old 08-31-2014, 09:10 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
There will always be buffalo, because man can't possibly kill them all.

There will always be passenger pigeons, because man can't possibly kill them all.

Fires out west are just natural occurrences, we can't possibly have made the environment more prone to fires. There have always been fires.

There will always be water that we can pump out of the ground for our crops. Man's use of water is much to small to make a difference.

Now that we know all these things are true, let's just burn some more coal. There is no PROOF!

BTW I'm sure my training in energy is light years more extensive than yours. Yes I know what a BTU is. Have you calculated the amount of energy that strikes the earth in a year? Can you count that high?
I see you answer common sense facts and questions with absolute nonsense. Another for the ignore list.

Old 08-31-2014, 09:14 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Actually renewable energy projects are a great new source of jobs for the economy. I'll keep my lights on with a mix of generation that is heavy on renewables and natural gas, as I do today. Natural gas has a carbon footprint that is a fraction of coal's. It's an acceptable fossil fuel.
Tell that to Spain.

Old 08-31-2014, 09:17 AM

1,245 posts, read 923,635 times
Quote:
the ground water problems with fraqing are a fraction of the problems caused by a coal plant and can all be solved with proper drilling and well completion. As in the past the Oil and Gas industry is busying polluting the environment because it's cheaper than doing the job right. If we put a few Oil and Gas CEOs in prison for pollution, it will encourage the rest to be more vigilant. (Thank you Voltaire)
Money can't change the weather! Scientists have to fear monger to get funding, otherwise this climate change, warming crap, would be just that, crap!

Old 08-31-2014, 09:31 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,936,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Focus on the facts for a change.
But we are.

AGW is a fact and 100% of you can not dispute me when I say when a human passes gas in the wind the air is warmer and this must contribute to global warming.

This is exactly how the communist left came up with the 97% of scientists agree fiction. I fart, you fart, we all fart contributes to global warming!

I am so sick of this scam!

Old 08-31-2014, 09:32 AM

16,593 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
Hillary was my top choice in 2008. She remains my top choice. Bill Clinton was the best president in my lifetime and I believe Hillary will run a comparable presidency to Bill's. In addition she steps into the job with 8 years of White House experience under her belt. She will be our most experienced president since FDR.

I believe she will beat whomever the Republicans run by double digits and carry large coat tails. With a little luck she will send the Republicans the way of the Whigs.
So using your logic(or lack there of) a cook or butler in the White House with 30 years experience is whom we should be voting for?
Unlike 3rd world countries who still want dynastic family rule, when the leader dies, it is not time to vote for his widow or son. I know plenty of sharp people who are married to turnips(men and women). So just because that person can no longer run(Bill via term limits) does not mean his wife would make a good POTUS.

This is coming from someone who would say that Bill Clinton did some very good things, both domestically and abroad. Don't forget, he was a multi-term governor and learned to adapt and compromise. His wife on the other hand was a polarizing figure even back at the height of his popularity.
Unlike the low information voters, I know that while he was pragmatic, behind the scenes Hillary was trying to push a left wing agenda that he resisted. Between the two she is far left, and he remembered what happened to him as governor when he went along with it and lost. Nominating ultra left wing liberals like Ruth Bader Ginsberg for the SCOTUS was only successful because of his popularity. However compromising with the likes on Gingrich was all Bill which enabled him to govern effectively, unlike Obama.

Then again I am probably wasting my breath with you if you are wallowing in a left wing fantasy of Hillary sweeping (R's) out of existence, it shows your bias and naivety.
Many Congressional districts are away from urban population centers, and they will continue to elect conservative (R's) & (D's) that will not go along with another ideological liberal in the White House. So if you want another 4 years of Washington grid lock, vote for Hillary instead of someone more qualified in the (D) party.

If Hillary and Jeb are the best we can do as a country, we are definitely in trouble.

As it relates to this thread, I noticed you did not comment of the polar ice cap increasing in size and thickness, or do you think the satellite images are photo shopped by right wing talk heads?

`

Old 08-31-2014, 09:34 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
But we are.

AGW is a fact and 100% of you can not dispute me when I say when a human passes gas in the wind the air is warmer and this must contribute to global warming.

This is exactly how the communist left came up with the 97% of scientists agree fiction. I fart, you fart, we all fart contributes to global warming!

I am so sick of this scam!
What fact? AGW fact? Hardly.

I fart all day everyday. I got messed up guts. I call it ex-wife repellent.

Should my ass be taxed?

My conductor has his side window open even in winter because I blast away non-stop.

Old 08-31-2014, 09:39 AM

1,152 posts, read 1,278,059 times
Quote:
Great so Democrats and Republicans both agree Republicans are unfit to lead the country. That's why Hillary will win easily.
As usual, you do not draw correct conclusions from what is said.

The correct conclusion is that Republicans are generally not satisfied with their current Congressional leadership - nothing more.

Hillary's statistical lead has a lot to do with polls pitting her against several possible GOP candidates and is not useful for predicting the outcome of an election more than 2 years away. Obviously, she might win - but equally obviously, she might lose. Anyone who claims they can predict who will win the Presidency this far out is just plain full of it. You are ignoring uncertainties to predict a result that you desire. We all do it, but very few are aware that they do it.

That said, I have no doubt that you will come back with some very good reasons why Hillary will win in 2016 - missing my point entirely. I have little doubt that you also predicted victory for Al Gore..... and Kerry. Many Republicans similarly predicted Romney winning in 2012. The point is that everyone confuses what they desire with what is likely, usually because they find no comfort in not being able to predict what is likely.

Old 08-31-2014, 09:45 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
"Stopped" not a word that is used. What's more none say that the process of climate change has stopped as you imply.
Paused is the word I have used over and over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies