Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2014, 08:01 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,774,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
So what your saying is parents should not be able to make decisions for their children and the government should take their place and make the decisions for them because one parent made a bad decision?
Yes. The age threshold for kids allowed to shoot machine guns at amusement parks should be raised. There's no 8 or 9-year-old alive who could handle that type of weapon. The park owners were at fault for allowing small kids to have access to the park attraction. The park advertised that the minimum age was 8. The parents paid several hundred $$ so that the girl could play Rambo, and the ticket vendor took their money. Clearly the amusement park owner was more about making money than about safety.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2014, 08:23 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,816,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Yes. The age threshold for kids allowed to shoot machine guns at amusement parks should be raised. There's no 8 or 9-year-old alive who could handle that type of weapon. The park owners were at fault for allowing small kids to have access to the park attraction. The park advertised that the minimum age was 8. The parents paid several hundred $$ so that the girl could play Rambo, and the ticket vendor took their money. Clearly the amusement park owner was more about making money than about safety.
Then the parents can sue the park for gross negligence, doesn't need a law.

Old 08-29-2014, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I do NOT support your right to make bad decisions that blatantly, recklessly, and unnecessarily jeapordize your kids' health and/or the health of others around you.
So you want forced immunization for all children? Or forced medical procedures against the wishes of the parents?

Old 08-29-2014, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Just one more example of how irresponsible gun fanatics are.

Old 08-29-2014, 08:26 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,347,969 times
Quote:
So you want forced immunization for all children? Or forced medical procedures against the wishes of the parents?
Don't forget picking out which size soda I may drink!!!!

Old 08-29-2014, 10:12 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 16 days ago)

29,543 posts, read 16,524,552 times
Quote:
Gun owners of America

I dont believe all gun owners are nut jobs who want to shoot people, just as I dont believe everyone who supports repealing anti discrimination bills are bigots, but you tend to enable them with the legislation you support.

We dont live in a subjective perfect world, but gun owners seem to want to pretend like we do. (notice i used the qualifier, subjective)

Old 08-29-2014, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I dont believe all gun owners are nut jobs who want to shoot people, just as I dont believe everyone who supports repealing anti discrimination bills are bigots, but you tend to enable them with the legislation you support.

We dont live in a subjective perfect world, but gun owners seem to want to pretend like we do. (notice i used the qualifier, subjective)
Some people believe that freedome trumps safety and personal choice/accountability should actually mean something. Before the nanny state people survived, why people seem to think the government can stop idiots at the expense of freedom is beyond me.

Old 08-29-2014, 11:44 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,443,317 times
Quote:
In cases where there is a clear and present danger to the child, absolutely. Immunization probably doesn't qualify, but if the child suffered a serious accident and parents decide not to call for help because they're some conservative religious freaks, then sure, they should be held criminally liable when the child is crippled or dies.

And having a small kid operate an Uzi poses a clear and present danger.

So does having a small kid drive a car. Or skydive on their own.

By the way, most adults don't need this explained.

Old 08-30-2014, 05:07 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,846,493 times
I wonder if the families of the little girl and the "instructor" are still gun nut families?

Old 08-30-2014, 07:58 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,476,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I wonder if the families of the little girl and the "instructor" are still gun nut families?
The parents likely won't change anything in their behaviour sadly, but the child may not view a firearm as just another toy for a very long time ~ too bad adults don't all experience some form of less traumatic reminder, especially a couple of them as represented on here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies