Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 11:56 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
Actually, just stating facts that are part of the public domain.
But WHY are you stating them, just so you know; everyone already knows the answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2014, 03:51 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,575,782 times
Quote:
Actually, just stating facts that are part of the public domain.
Well, in today's politically correct driven politics, people like yourself have find a way to speak your biases without repercussions. Remember the signs that had even the McCain crowd get all mad? I'm talking about the one that said "if Obama is elected will the white house still be white?" or something like that. Well, technically speaking they were just asking a simple question. Right?

Or how about this. Every time a white lady on CNN says "the n word", she's actually making the rest of us say that word in our heads. That's what you're doing. You're stating a "fact" hoping racists like yourself would take the next step in deducing from that "fact" in their heads.

What's bothers me even more is whenever one of you racists beat around a bush like you're doing, no other conservative ever come forward and denounce you. It's approval with silence. It tells me you are saying something they agree with. They just don't dare to say it out loud because they know it's not politically correct to say it out loud.

Edit.

By the way, a lot of christians are pedophiles. Just stating a fact that is part of the public domain. Remember, many christians are pedophiles, murderers, and rapists. Furthermore, many christians committed genocide in the 20th century. Just stating a fact that is part of the public domain.

Oh yeah, and another fact is there were many conservatives that supported Jim Crow right to the end. Just stating a fact. I personally know of many conservatives who fantasize about locking away gay people. Just stating another fact.

See how that works? Do we honestly believe I was merely stating facts or perhaps I was letting loose some of my biases?

Old 08-28-2014, 08:03 PM

2,817 posts, read 3,460,887 times
All the guy wants is to hit a hole in one. Who cares what happens to the country. He must get the hole in one.

Old 08-28-2014, 08:36 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,801,988 times
The nature of the Executive Orders
is more meaningful than the number.
The Obama likes to go "Extra-Constitutional."

Old 08-28-2014, 09:11 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,856,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie_hair View Post
Well, in today's politically correct driven politics, people like yourself have find a way to speak your biases without repercussions. Remember the signs that had even the McCain crowd get all mad? I'm talking about the one that said "if Obama is elected will the white house still be white?" or something like that. Well, technically speaking they were just asking a simple question. Right?

Or how about this. Every time a white lady on CNN says "the n word", she's actually making the rest of us say that word in our heads. That's what you're doing. You're stating a "fact" hoping racists like yourself would take the next step in deducing from that "fact" in their heads.

What's bothers me even more is whenever one of you racists beat around a bush like you're doing, no other conservative ever come forward and denounce you. It's approval with silence. It tells me you are saying something they agree with. They just don't dare to say it out loud because they know it's not politically correct to say it out loud.

Edit.

By the way, a lot of christians are pedophiles. Just stating a fact that is part of the public domain. Remember, many christians are pedophiles, murderers, and rapists. Furthermore, many christians committed genocide in the 20th century. Just stating a fact that is part of the public domain.

Oh yeah, and another fact is there were many conservatives that supported Jim Crow right to the end. Just stating a fact. I personally know of many conservatives who fantasize about locking away gay people. Just stating another fact.

See how that works? Do we honestly believe I was merely stating facts or perhaps I was letting loose some of my biases?
That's some very impressive deflecting.

I stated facts, all part of the public domain. You chose to play the race card, and it would appear that you're playing that race card because you don't like the facts I presented.

Fact: Obama did indeed tell his friends in school that his father was a fierce warrior from a tribe full of fierce warriors in Kenya. If you read his book, you would know this is a fact. But just in case, here's a link to the New York Times: A Promise of Redemption - NYTimes.com

Fact: Obama's father was indeed an alcoholic adulterer serial inseminator. I trust you know what the meanings of all those words are, and if you do, you will realize that Obama's father was indeed just that.

Now, you many not like those facts, but not liking facts doesn't change the fact that they are indeed facts. In fact, those facts about Obama are an integral part of who he is today. Yes, I realize that perhaps you want to cling to a romantic notion that he came from a land of unicorns and rainbows, but he didn't. He came from a broken beginning, and never had a father figure in his life. And those two facts impacted who he is as a person. Remember, those are facts.

The fact remains that Ted Kennedy was an alcoholic murderer. Yes, he had a very well-chronicled drinking problem. And yes, he murdered someone. Again, facts.

The issue with you seems to be that you don't like seeing facts about people. But facts about people are certainly better than the media hiding/downplaying facts about people, right?

Why would someone denounce me if I am stating facts?

You've already made the assumption -- incorrectly, I might add -- that you're dealing with a conservative. You're not. You definitely aren't dealing with a liberal, either.

I could see if I was stating an opinion -- which is clearly DIFFERENT from stating a fact -- like "Obama is a loner".

But I didn't.

I stated two facts, and immediately, you chose to throw down the race card. What does that say about you?

Old 08-29-2014, 01:28 AM

4,911 posts, read 3,429,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
Obama seems to want to govern by executive order and simple proclamation. He does not seem to want to confer with the Congress and come to a compromise position - it's his way or no way. Does he just want to be king?
He wants to get things done because he loves America, loves Jesus, and doesn't want the terrorists to win. If he had needed the Republican's consent for the raid Osama bin Laden would still be alive today

Old 08-29-2014, 01:30 AM

4,911 posts, read 3,429,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookb4youcross View Post
That seems to be the general theme around here. Even if it comes from a mainstream media website, they can't and won't admit it.
What mainstream media website are you talking about?

Old 08-29-2014, 01:37 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,321,575 times
Quote:
By all rights, shouldn't Obama BE a king? After all, he used to tell his classmates that his "father" was a fierce warrior from a tribe FULL of fierce warriors...

Oh, wait, that's right.......his "father" was an alcoholic adulterer serial inseminator. That's not really the same thing.
Since when does fierce warrior equal king? That's not really the same thing.

Old 08-29-2014, 07:02 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Since when does fierce warrior equal king? That's not really the same thing.
Awww, now you are just going to confuse them with details, whiners do not like details.

Old 08-29-2014, 07:10 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,870,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
The nature of the Executive Orders
is more meaningful than the number.
The Obama likes to go "Extra-Constitutional."
I agree. I think it was egregious that Bush restricted stem cell research and expanded the powers of the office of the Vice President and passed executive orders to support his faith-based initiatives. But somehow I missed the Republican outrage over such "Extra-Constitutional" EOs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies